Lu 

The ALL NEW Monday Night Multi-Thumbs RANDOMIZER

There seems to be some increasing interest in this for the non-European folks.  Do we have enough people to start up a NA branch?  I'm willing to try and organize but I can't make any promises I'll be able to attend all that often.

I'll start and maintain it if we mostly play Super Monday Night Combat (it's free).

How do I do that grinning, suspicious looking emoticon with the eyebrows?

Indeed! The playing of the Ship will commence in an hour and a half!

Indeed! The playing of the Ship will commence in an hour and a half!

Nice. Did anything turn out with the Ship keys? Don't have the game already. And 20€ might be a bit steep for me at the moment.

The Ship was kind of boring after a while. The first session without bots kinda sucked, you really need to have a crowd.

It seems like a lot hinges on there being enough players actually trying to maintain the conceit of being a sneaky person on a ship, and not being a cool gamer jumping on chairs and railings. I felt like there were very obviously two "classes" of characters – the AI people who would awkwardly walk in place and hang out, and other people who very determinedly were on their way to their quarry. At no point did I feel like I ought to be a smooth James Bond and pretend to enjoy the view or whatever, which – if everyone did it – would probably make things more fun. I bet that the player needs (drinking, toiletting, sleeping, etc.) would induce that kind of "high-level" play once players got skilled enough, but it seems to me you'd have to invest a lot of time to get to that point.

It was fun to hide in the toilet and kill everyone who entered.

The next randomizer is going to be:

Soldat!

Since I was the one who suggested it, I'll write up an introduction to it this week.

Lu, can you remove "ORION: Prelude" from the list. I added it yesterday, but then I read up on the lead developer, and I don't think we should support him.

Since I was the one who suggested it, I'll write up an introduction to it this week.

Thanks for that! That'd be very helpful.  :tup:

I would absolutely love to play SPACE MARINE with some thumb people. But I can't add it to the list :( [edit] I was being stupid and not using the form.

vEuIXc8.gif

Also: how random is the randomizer? Any chance of bumping Burnout paradise to the top of the queueueue? I'm curious how that plays in multiplayer :)

I or someone else uses a random number generator to choose a number between a certain range, so pretty random!

What did it say?

It started off with him supporting gamergate, and then it continued with dubious activities around how he handled contractors who worked on this game. He changed the name of this "studio" to get away from some of the bad associations.

I would absolutely love to play SPACE MARINE with some thumb people. 

not to get the thread too far off topic - always looking to play.  when i play its >11pm CST (4am UTC...eek), theres always some really good players from some SM clans.  i havent spent much time in the horde mode, steam: undermind9

Ugghhh...

Wrote a fairly long post (by my standards) about my thoughts on The Ship and accidentally backed out of the page.

All gone.

Ah, well. Most of it has been said already. Interesting concept that requires a larger amount of human players to work. If AI were able to handle the needs system they could've eased this problem, but as they are now they're mostly windowdressing.

The forum occasionally autosaves posts. It might have autosaved over it with that post, but try clicking the "View Auto Saved Content" at the bottom of the window when that happens.

SOLDAT

EDvKfy2.jpg

It's a free to play (more shareware/it nags you to register via splash screen) 2D side scrolling shoot things game.

It's not on steam, the website to download it is http://soldat.pl/en/download/soldat168.zip

It has players control soldiers that respawn. They shoot other soldiers with guns. You get 2 guns (a primary and a secondary) that you can pick and choose each time you spawn.

It has a decent .html manual, I was thinking of copy pasting the text here but linking might be better.

A must read are the controls: http://static.soldat.pl/man/manual-en.html#KLAWISZE

The section right before that explains how to join a server which might be useful.

It also lists the different game modes and has bad explanations of what the weapons do.  Here are the various pick ups that are littered around the maps: http://static.soldat.pl/man/manual-en.html#BONUSY

The jetpacking/movement system takes a bit of getting used to and it is no BIONIC GRAPPLE :( but you can get some speed with a combination of jumping/jetpacking and rolling off inclines. If anyone wants to try it ahead of time, you can even do it singleplayer, the bots will murder you.

I've tried running it at 1920x1080 and had some slowdowns, I'll see if it's any one setting or I'll just drop the resolution to lower.

Please help me post more info if I forgot anything.

Are there any recommended map packs we should download ahead of time?

Man it's been a while since I played this. Loved it, though. Loved it.

Plugged two more suggestions into the Randomizer list, for Double Action Boogaloo and Build & Shoot / OpenSpades. There's some great games on that list!

Red Faction Guerilla is on Steamworks Beta now so that's looking good too whenever it comes up.

Red Faction Guerilla is on Steamworks Beta now so that's looking good too whenever it comes up.

?!

I had no idea this was happening. Well, that's as good an excuse as any to replay this game. So good.

Instructions:

Today I would like to invite you all to participate in the public beta of Red Faction Guerilla with full Steam Support and complete Games for Windows Live Removal.

-) Matchmaking and Multiplayer via Steamworks
-) No Games for Windows Live sign-in required
-) Leaderboards via Steam
-) Voice Chat via Steam
-) Achievements via Steam
-) Uses DX9 Renderer by default as DX10 created a lot of problems and resulted in performance drawbacks (that should also fix Win8 issues)
-) At first launch the game attempts to migrate savegames from GFWL to the new system

To access the beta please do the following:
Follow this guide http://ds.nordicgames.at/SteamBetaBranchGuide.jpg
Under Step 1 select of course the Red Faction Guerilla App
Password for step 4 is: nordicrfgbeta
The branch for Step 6 is named publicbeta

I would like to invite everybody to report errors and bugs here so we can further improve the game.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/20500/discussions/0/613940477951003365/