Lu 

The ALL NEW Monday Night Multi-Thumbs RANDOMIZER

Bionic Commando has been purchased. Now training will commence.

NO TRAINING ALLOWED!

Quoting this from the OP, in case anyone missed it.

Since the master server has long since shut down, we'll need to use a tunneling service to simulate LAN play. For our purposes, we will use LogMeIn Hamachi. It's free and you don't even have to create an account (edit: wait, is that still the case? Can someone verify?). Once everything is installed select Network > Join Existing Network:

Network ID: IdleThumbs OR IdleThumbs2 OR IdleThumbs3

password: video games

If the first one is full, then join the next one and it should work. If you need help or test to see if it works, you can add this guy and he'll help you out.

I don't remember needing an account, but then Toblix confused me in that he had to create an account before he was able to download it...

If there's a spare copy left I'm in. I'll need a few hours before the event to train download the thing off Steam. 

Which version of Hamachi is this? There's also Tunggle as an alternative if Hamachi craps out.

The latest Hamachi version will do. And can do, jutranjo; if you add me on Steam I'll send it over.

That Hamachi thing is a huge pain in the ass, but I think I've got it figured out. It also keeps on telling me that I'll need to buy a subscription in 14 days, so this does not seem like a permanent solution.

EDIT: Nope, definitely do not have it figured out.

I put in a different link that goes directly to the download page (thanks for that, Miffy) so you can circumvent that account creation crap.

I would definitely recommend that everyone at least try the single player up to the point of the tutorial to get familiar with the swinging mechanics (and appreciate the terrible story and not very good singleplayer). There is definitely a bit of a learning curve to the mechanics.

Pro-tip: E = heavy punch (Y), F = light punch ( B)

I also highly recommend playing Mouse & Keyboard, even if the button dialogs are all console.

I might have fucked up the times because I don't understand timezones... Either way, if all of you are in the Idle Thumbs steam group, the event notification will happen at the appropriate time (an hour and 7 minutes from now). I.e. the same time we always played GTA Thumbs on.

P.S.

Fuck timezones and daylight savings.

Yeah, 1pm Mountain (me!), noon Pacific, 3pm EST. Hopefully folks in North America can figure out their shit from there.

I fucked up my Twitch channel settings, it reset my preferences, the default was set to Not Archive My Broadcasts. So that one's lost.

Seems like Bionic Commando was a big success!  :clap: To everyone who played, definitely post what you thought about the game and the evening!

If you check the OP, I added a big link that allows you to submit multiplayer game suggestions. At the end of the week a game will be chosen at random from the list generated. I think there should be a price limit though, but I'm not sure how high that would be.

Some thoughts about B.I.O.N.I.C. C.O.M.M.A.N.D.O.

I really enjoyed playing it and I shared the excitement of the mumble even if I didn't say so out loud. 1st game was CTF on the ship, then I came back for the skyscraper TDM. The hooking is great. It looks great, it feels great, it gives you so much movement freedom and SPEED compared to how you trod around and do that silly dodge with Ctrl. I wish the top speed was higher. The first two or three consecutive grapples forward accelerate you but then it stops. It's so close to capturing the feeling you get when you watch this

The maps were well crafted for the movement system of the game. I'm guessing they were made for the multiplayer after singleplayer levels were done. 

The modes for the maps are separate, they could have been so much better. That stupid UT2k3 ball mode with goals, with either ball as flag or ball as physical object you GRAPPLE JUMP onto. I have to wonder what bigger maps would play out like. The radiation zones are kinda meh, just let me fly out of the level a few meters. Let me fly over the whole level to the enemy flag or make it inside a cave or a glass skyscraper cave. More modes that focus on movement, RACE mode FFA FFS.

The netcode. Not as bad as magicka but man would it be better if it was working 100% of the time.

I haven't played singleplayer enough to get to all the weapons but I'm guessing that they just took the weapons out of the singleplayer. Why have hitscan weapons when you could have crazy projectiles. Explosives that you can clip swinging people with or do a sweet mid air shot on. Tribes is defined by the skiing and the spinfuser.

I'm posted mostly nitpicks I want to play this again somehow, it's a really fresh feeling. The aesthetic of the sunny ship CTF level with bright and shiny red and blue players. Why the fuck was that not advertised. I didn't follow this game a ton when it was in previews in 2009 but all the screenshots were of boring brown cityscapes with brown and dark green dread man doing kinda sweet grapples but back then I instantly thought it was all predetermined where you can hook like jumping in older Hitman games.

Edit: The evening was great, you guys were very friendly. Compared to the GTA nights I joined, this was way more animated and focused. Except for a few cops and robbers moments.

Should I post suggestions for the next one in this thread?

Edited by Jutranjo

Yeah, this was an excellent idea, thanks Lu!

Having played a little of it on console a couple of years back, I'd hoped that the jumping and swinging would feel a bit less frustrating this time around, but that didn't happen and I struggled to move my bionic commando around in anything other than a cumbersome fashion.

Still, it was a good time thanks to the good company, I share Jutranjo's praise for the maps (I played CTF on the two ships and canyon levels), and I await my uncontestable acceptance into the [iDLE] Pr0 TeaM.

Have you decided on the next game or.. is the name of it hidden.. in plain sight?

:sombrero:

I have internet so I'm in for the next one! Who else doesn't own this game? Maybe we could get a 4 pack to share out between us.

The 2nd game has been chosen! The roll of the dice has decided on... 

GKattfI.png

Jump and dash around crazy levels, taking apart your fellow robots!

jfmnbd8.png

The basic rules of the game are as follows:

AUiUd9J.png

1. Attack opponent robots to steal their energy

2. Energy makes you larger, better and brighter.

3. Detonate to convert your stored energy to points. Catching opponents in blast will multiply your banked score!

There are all kinds of gameplay modes for us to try and enough other things that will surely entertain us for the evening! Coincidentally I totally have a single gift copy of this game. Same rules apply as before: If you accept it, you are playing with us on that Monday! (it's gone!) We meet on Mumble at 7PM UTC. Monday the 29th we play the game!