Lu 

The ALL NEW Monday Night Multi-Thumbs RANDOMIZER

It's an idea I've been playing around with for a while and since the cancellation of Monday Night GTA Thumbs, now is as good a time as any to try it out. Here's the pitch:

We suggest any kind of PC multiplayer game that would be interesting/fun/hilarious/dumb/crap. We then dedicate a Monday game night to playing that game for a few hours, while enjoying the chatter of exquisite Thumbs.

We'll be playing a new game on a biweekly basis and since it's not viable for everyone to keep buying new games for a Monday night of play, it's best if these games are either free or HELLA CHEAP.

Add a game to the RANDOMIZER list!

Please check if your game is not already on the list before adding something new

The next randomizer will be:

Bionic Commando

Alright, tomorrow we're going to revisit Bionic Commando. Just as a heads up, you will need Hamachi as we'll be playing on a simulated LAN, since the master server is no longer around. As always, we meet on our Mumble channel!

In hamachi you need to go to 'Network > Join existing network' and connect to the following:

(Case and space sensitive:)

Idle Ham 1

Idle Ham 2

Idle Ham 3

Password for all 3 of these: games

If you cannot join 1, then it's full, so join 2 and so on. Let me know if you have any problems.

The video games we play are secondary to Monday game nights. Hanging out with people from the forums, getting to chat with each other and have a good time while playing a video game is what these evenings are all about. Let's play some random games that we'd otherwise never ever play! We meet on Mumble at 8PM UTC. Monday the 8th of December we play the game!

Past randomizers:

RANDOMIZER #1: Bionic Commando

RANDOMIZER #2: Plain Sight

RANDOMIZER #3: Monday Night Combat

RANDOMIZER #4: The Ship

RANDOMIZER #5: Soldat

RANDOMIZER #6: Build and Shoot

(RE)RANDOMIZER #7: Bionic Commando

This sounds sweet! I don't know if I'll have Internet for this one but if I do I'm all over it, and I'll definitely have a real connection sorted by the next time.

Great idea, Lu! Can I swap you ONE (1) STEAMGIFTABLE COPY OF BIONIC COMMANDO for ONE (1) STEAMGIFTABLE COPY OF BURNOUT PARADISE ?

That way you will have an extra copy of Burnout Paradise for the freebie pool if (when) we do a Burnout night.

I am totally in.

Question is how time zones will factor into this...

What we tend to do is scream GET A TIMEZONE at people.

It would fit into the Monday night GTA4 slot (8PM UTC), but I realize that is a time that's kind of anti-US and pro-EU. If anyone has any ideas on that? I wouldn't mind switching the Monday to a Sunday, but it's always gonna be the case that a whichever day it is, it's gonna be bad for someone. We just gotta pick one or the other and stick with it, I think. So what do you all think? Monday or Sunday?

Great idea, Lu! Can I swap you ONE (1) STEAMGIFTABLE COPY OF BIONIC COMMANDO for ONE (1) STEAMGIFTABLE COPY OF BURNOUT PARADISE ?

That way you will have an extra copy of Burnout Paradise for the freebie pool if (when) we do a Burnout night.

Sounds good, Justin!

Well, if it is pro-Euro then it is of no issue for me, but definitely a bummer for our transatlantic friends.

Shame that ocean is so big!

Sunday won't work for me this week, but I could always join a later week if that works better for everyone else.

We could run more than one of these at a time.  One for the European folks and another for the North Americans.  I'd volunteer to manage the NA one but I'm not sure I could regularly participate.

I created this helpful timezone chart to help decipher when the best evening gaming times occur.

cITMvf5.jpg

edit - in seriousness I wonder if, seeing as new games are chosen every two weeks, we could go for the first Monday (EU & NA separate) and then repeat at the same time on the the following Sunday (joint session) over the fortnight period.

Well, I thought about that, SAM, but I'm not sure that we have a sizeable enough multiplaying community to sustain 2 sessions of this? In my experience, either not a lot of people actually show up or it kind of peters out after the first one. That's why I picked the Monday, because on that day we at least have a regular group of folks showing up.

Either way, I suggest sticking to our guns for the coming Monday session, considering it's kind of short time to start moving that one around.

If I join, then it isn't because my motives are pure. I would just be trying to turn your lovely get-together into a friendly Super Monday Night Combat league.

Well, I thought about that, SAM, but I'm not sure that we have a sizeable enough multiplaying community to sustain 2 sessions of this? In my experience, either not a lot of people actually show up or it kind of peters out after the first one. That's why I picked the Monday, because on that day we at least have a regular group of folks showing up.

Either way, I suggest sticking to our guns for the coming Monday session, considering it's kind of short time to start moving that one around.

Yeah that's definitely true and likely to happen.  I'd say play it by ear for now and if there somehow ends up being enough NA people interested in a regular thing we add a second time.  You can count me as one such person because I definitely can't make the current Monday schedule.

I will do this. I have never played and do not own that game about swinging, but there are plenty of sexually permissive middle class people of a certain age around here. I am sure I can figure it out.

We could run more than one of these at a time.  One for the European folks and another for the North Americans.  I'd volunteer to manage the NA one but I'm not sure I could regularly participate.

I could help manage as well. Been organizing these kinds of community multiplayer events for 5 years on my first (and only other) forum I used to go to. Trust me, I'm a professional (not really). Shit, I even had a logo made for it and we recorded/streamed the events.

hNwjQ9n.jpg

I vote for a change of date to Sunday for these things, since Monday has become a no-go for multiplayer games for me personally. And if we can't make Sunday the official day for this, I'll volunteer, along with SecretAsianMan if he wants, to help host and set up an event for just Western Hemisphere people.

Oh! I'll also suggest and volunteer to streaming on Twitch if ya'll want, so that people who can't make it for various reasons can watch us be idiots LIVE on the internet. I also have two games suggestions that are very fun, janky, and dumb. Lu knows what games I mean.  :tommy:

This actually looks pretty awesome, and I'm always for buying copies of games that I can pay for by selling the trading cards in my inventory.

How long do you expect to be playing? I'm on EST, so I won't be home from work at the start of this thing, but I'd be interested in playing for a while if you're planning on going for more than an hour or so.

I always used to see the "Idle Thumbs has event starting: GTA IV" notification pop up on Steam in the middle of my work day and be made grumpy by it. But the realist in me knows that I probably wouldn't actually participate in these things very often regardless of when they took place (especially now that it's not GTA IV anymore).

Bionic Commando is installed. I have a substitute job Monday morning, but the class' regular teacher is supposed to be back at noon, so I should be home around the time this is starting. Yay for flex schedule!