Jake

Idle Thumbs 175: It's an Itchio

A Buddhist walks up to a hot dog cart. He says, "Make me one with everything."

He pays with a $20, but the seller returns nothing. The Buddhist asks, "Aren't you forgetting something?"

The seller replies, "Change comes only from within."

That was great.

My friend and I make dad jokes all the time. I can't wait for this game Danielle.

It was nice to hear about Danielle playing Eidolon as a vegetarian, I haven't played Eidolon but I play Minecraft like that. There is no benefits or rewards for that kind of behaviour in the game - but hey, it's me in the virtual wilderness, I'm not going to punch a pig in the face if I can grab a few mushrooms or grow some wheat instead. I love it when a game supports and evokes those kinds of feelings and actions.

A thought about Screencheat. The idea of "I have to be careful about firing, because it gives away my position!" exists in many shooters but is elevated amazingly in that game. It's also not just the bullet trail and muzzle blast, as weapons leave a smoketrail for a while after firing.

Also I'm bummed that there is no PC version of Desert Golfing. In my despair I tried to find similiar games and this was ok: http://www.phyfun.com/Games/5-13056-Mini-Golf-Pro.aspx#.VBn2c1czKBo Of course it had none of the DG's brutality or mystery.

PS David Suchet is super cute cool as Poirot, it's so weird to see him in other roles.

It was nice to hear about Danielle playing Eidolon as a vegetarian, I haven't played Eidolon but I play Minecraft like that. There is no benefits or rewards for that kind of behaviour in the game - but hey, it's me in the virtual wilderness, I'm not going to punch a pig in the face if I can grab a few mushrooms or grow some wheat instead. I love it when a game supports and evokes those kinds of feelings and actions.

Yeah, I played Earthbound that way.  Though I'm upset that I went vegetarian and lost a huge amount of muscle mass while every other vegetarian I know is really ripped.  Oh well!

Well, she says "vegetarian" but eating fish definitely makes you not a vegetarian.

Well, she says "vegetarian" but eating fish definitely makes you not a vegetarian.

People use the term pretty loosely, some people use vegetarian to basically mean vegan and others will use it to describe not eating certain meats.

Pescetarian would be technically more correct here, but broadly speaking vegetarian usually indicates an intention to avoid consuming animals and at a guess I would say that the game might not readily support 'full' vegetarianism.

Is there a word for not eating anything that lives underwater? Because I'm that and I don't have a word for it.

It's not that I have ideals, it's just that it all tastes bad.

Is there a word for not eating anything that lives underwater? Because I'm that and I don't have a word for it.

Aww, but the ocean is delicious!

I like fish and chips and the occasional tuna sandwich. The rest is garbage.

Nononono. You must not be eating the right seafood. Cajun seafood is the best seafood. Make a trip to Louisiana and you'll change your mind. :-D

Nononono. You must not be eating the right seafood. Cajun seafood is the best seafood. Make a trip to Louisiana and you'll change your mind. :-D

This is true.  My sister was vegan but when she moved to New Orleans she became ovo-lacto-pescetarian solely for the local seafood.

I guess I'm technically ovo-lacto-pescetarian, too, but I've lost my taste for fish and have only had eggs when they've been hidden in baked goods.

some people use vegetarian to basically mean vegan and others will use it to describe not eating certain meats.

Those people are idiots.

I grew up in seafood country. My hometown has a huge salmon fishing industry and in this part of the country lobster is so common you can get it at McDonalds. It's still gross.

My cousin once tried to be a vegetarian when we were teenagers.  She invented the vegetarian time-out which allowed her to eat things like hamburgers and still declare herself a vegetarian.  She wasn't a very good vegetarian.

One of my most memorable Dad jokes is that whenever we were sick or had a runny nose, he would say:

"If your nose runs and your feet smell, you're built upside down!"

lets call this Terratarian

One of my most memorable Dad jokes is that whenever we were sick or had a runny nose, he would say:

"If your nose runs and your feet smell, you're built upside down!"

:tup:, and excellent first post.

I don't know how to say this without being a butt, but Pescetarianism is literally the exact opposite of what I mean.