clyde

Share short games you enjoy that require no fee.

Jord Farrell seems to be beginning a project similar to 50 Short Games. He just published game 5 of 66. It's pretty cool to watch one of these projects happen in real-time. I recommend following him on this journey just because it's neat to watch someone push themselves to make a game a day (or so). I find myself looking forward to the entries that are soon to follow. 
Jord Farrell's focus seems to be far more game-mechanical than TheCatamites who I view as being heavily thematical. It's an interesting comparison and I'm excited to be privy to watching it happen.

Here is my favorite thus far. This was entry 2/66 from October 28th 2014.

B1FtosGCMAAMy9u.png
http://t.co/bnu89Ae0Hw

A couple of his games I had played before, but was unaware they were his. They were made for the Adventure Time game jam, masquerading as creations of Ice King, a character from the show. They were made with SilverCreator, an old OS X game making tool that you can get here if you have the means to try it. This tool was also used to make The King of Everything. I found this one of his most charming games, thanks in part to its simple drawings and clunky/nostalgic use of Windows prompts:

Are you playing The King of Everything on a Windows machine? I can't seem to get it to work.

Are you playing The King of Everything on a Windows machine? I can't seem to get it to work.

Yeah, I got it running on 64-bit Vista. It may require the installation of some unknown vastly outdated version of QuickTime, are you getting any potentially helpful error messages?

Incidentally, I just dug up the rest of my Strangethink Art Machine output for the benefit/detriment of anyone who chooses to look below (again, a couple have some additional editing):

1H19sa4.png

FvNdmYG.png

E70LDLP.png

eaoziOB.png

Oh interesting. What else have you been playing?

Did you not hear the part about NFL GameDay Heroes being a COMPLETE family entertainment? Why would ruthkeith play anything else? Family entertainment is now a complete.

Well, I don't know. I saw that ruthkeith had posted on a couple of other forums, usually culminating in a recommendation for NFL SPACE GAMEDAY SPACE HEROES, but then, having done so, disengaged from those other communities. I had hoped that he or she would stay around and chat a bit longer.

edit: I still hold out in hope!

I played Hug Marine by Christos Reid recently, it's a short and simple platformer with an alien at the end of each level.

hug%20marine.png

Well, I don't know. I saw that ruthkeith had posted on a couple of other forums, usually culminating in a recommendation for NFL SPACE GAMEDAY SPACE HEROES, but then, having done so, disengaged from those other communities. I had hoped that he or she would stay around and chat a bit longer.

edit: I still hold out in hope!

I could tell that you had suspicions and it was hard to resist making the joke. I am curious about how much shills get paid though and if it's by how many clicks their provided links receive, so I'm hoping ruthkeith stays around long enough to answer that for me. I'm going to check out your recommendation now Justin Leego. 

Did you not hear the part about NFL GameDay Heroes being a COMPLETE family entertainment? Why would ruthkeith play anything else? Family entertainment is now a complete.

Well, I happen to play this new one too Clyde. It's Minion Rush. But I guess I have to give myself a time limit now. Getting too much addicted to online n mobile games :D...and oh, none is paying me to paste the link of my favorite games. Had my favorite books were available with a link, would have shared that too.

Oh interesting. What else have you been playing?

Hey thanks Justin. As I just mentioned to Clyde, I have got another one that I like very much and it's Minion Rush. Actually it is because of the characters, minions, I downloaded it. This one is good as well. And then there is this Team Fortress 2 which I play with my colleagues :D

I have to admit I was a bit suspicious, but wanted to act in a friendly manner. It's not always helpful to be hostile from the off, and I hope that I wasn't.

You see, I'd found another educational blog that mentioned the NFL app and, strangely, the only time it provided links to apps or games was when they had been developed by the same GameDay studio. So I did wonder if there was a bit of astroturfing going on.

Well, I happen to play this new one too Clyde. It's Minion Rush. But I guess I have to give myself a time limit now. Getting too much addicted to online n mobile games :D...and oh, none is paying me to paste the link of my favorite games. Had my favorite books were available with a link, would have shared that too.

Sorry for assuming too much ruthkeith. I look forward to seeing your contributions to the thread in the future.

When you recommended NFL Gameday Heroes you said that it was family-entertainment. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on what makes something family-entertainment and why it's something you appreciate in games (or specifically NFL Gameday Heroes.

Sorry for assuming too much ruthkeith. I look forward to seeing your contributions to the thread in the future.

When you recommended NFL Gameday Heroes you said that it was family-entertainment. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on what makes something family-entertainment and why it's something you appreciate in games (or specifically NFL Gameday Heroes.

Family entertainment will have different connotation to different people. For me if I get a game/movies/documentaries which I could play or watch without being troubled with the thought as whether or not it will be appropriate for the little ones in the family, that I call a family entertainment. We follow a weekly entertainment plan in our family especially for the kids where we try to introduce something new be it a game, a movie, a gadget or some crafts. So I keep on searching for stuffs that will be entertaining but also will have a bit of learning curve in it. My search led me to NFL, minions, the madagaskar games, some dragon games and very easy to do science activities for kids etc.

I thought this game was pretty neat. It made me feel similar to listening to college-radio in New Orleans at night circa 2001. There was a lot of trip-hop in rotation and rave-culture was around though I never participated. This brings back memories of the carb-coma after a full day of eating buttery pasta with dried basil and salt applied, between doses of intoxication. 

http://barnaque.itch.io/resignation