Nachimir

Ello.co

Blocking is super fast and takes no effort. I've done it and it's literally like three clicks per person? Yeah I just checked. Four I guess if you count going to their profile page to do so.

Reports can take a while, I guess, but not excessively long.

Allegedly (because I wouldn't know), the problem is that you run out of reports pretty quickly, and for people like Zoe or Anita or Arbitrary Woman, that can be a matter of hours if you're being vigilant about it. And I've heard reports of account suspensions being revoked after a couple weeks.

So, no, the main problem isn't that it takes too long to fill out the form.

Quick question - have you actually filled out a report before? This is not a trick or gotcha question, just curious, because I've reported a handful of times and I honestly feel like it takes too long. It's only five or seven minutes max, but that's seems to me like a long time to write out a report that I honestly don't feel will be seen or acted upon. In fact, of the five or six reports I've submitted (all seemingly legitimate, all for harassment/abuse of myself and not a third-party) I've not gotten a single email back saying action was taken.

I follow a lot of relatively minor public feminists (I'm talking < 10k followers) that sometimes say things that get 10+ responses that probably deserve to be reported. That means that for saying one thing, a non-"famous" Twitter user has to spend upwards of an hour just to have a small chance at the tiniest justice (since 90% of those are probably sock puppet accounts).

I just went through the process to check before I made that post (although didn't fill out anything beyond selecting the bullet points), and it would've taken me a few minutes.

But you're just confirming what I said, that the biggest issue is follow-up punishment (or, in your case, lack thereof).

That makes me a bit more interested in them. Anyone still have any invites left?

That makes me a bit more interested in them. Anyone still have any invites left?

I sent you a code, Bjorn.

I've hardly used it so far. But then, like Twitter, I really don't have much I ever want to post.

Sweet, thanks!  I'm in at BjornDaDwarf (Bjorn was already taken :().   I doubt I use it extensively anytime soon, I'm not even particularly active on Twitter, I mostly use it to follow a bunch of people, not really interact.  But I am curious to see how it develops from the inside.

It still exists! No one I'm following has made a post for a long time, though.

I keep forgetting it exists.  Then I get an email about some new feature or a t-shirt or something, remember it exists for about 2 seconds, then promptly forget again.

I think a good sign of how it's doing is that when clicking on the featured users on the home page of the whole site, they're posting things like 'Wow, I have eight new followers!'.