Nachimir

Ello.co

Another issue with twitters approach is that Zoe Quinn has reported some of her harassers only to see their accounts resurface after a period of time, I think a week in one case.

Sorry to go off-topic here, but man, is Ello ever broken.

o8JMgAO.jpg

This has been broken all day, Ello. Don't try and tell me that this is a unique occurrence.

I am now on Ello and my name is @leeuwenhart

I don't know how to search other people thought, the search option doesn't actually search. So, yikes. Apart from that, it's definitely a social network.

I've realised that I find setting up a new social network exhausting; I certainly don't follow everyone I possibly could, and the process of pruning away people who are too noisy, too boring, too extreme, etc. etc. is one I don't really have patience for.

I'm /architecture, in case y'all feel like following me. I've not posted anything yet, but I'm considering using it as a springboard for some armchair games criticism.

Anyway, I also have invites in case someone would like one. Can you just PM the code you generate to another user? On my primary board, we were doing it by PMing each other our email addresses and then receiving email invites.

I'm /architecture, in case y'all feel like following me. I've not posted anything yet, but I'm considering using it as a springboard for some armchair games criticism.

Anyway, I also have invites in case someone would like one. Can you just PM the code you generate to another user? On my primary board, we were doing it by PMing each other our email addresses and then receiving email invites.

You can send just the code.  That's what I've been doing.  All they have to do is enter it at ello.co/join

The pun would be nice but no-one will ever have ello.gov unless the US federal govenment uses ELLO as an acronym. Which they might, now I think about it.

Solution: find some rich maniac we can convince to set up a .guv TLD.

Solution: find some rich maniac we can convince to set up a .guv TLD.

I weigh up the possibility of a sensible chuckle versus the very real possibility of them selling it to scammers that would like to pretend to be a .gov, and I'm suddenly thinking we change the plan:

.guvner

Ello's business model is apparently that they will sell features to users directly. I think this is fraught with problems, but not nearly as insidious as selling user attention.

Has this article been posted? It strikes me as a bit worrisome, but I don't know enough about this stuff to tell whether it is.

I don't think it has been in this thread but I've definitely read it.

If anyone has an extra invite, I'd be curious to check it out. I now know people in real life trying this thing out, so I figure it's time to give it a look.

If anyone has an extra invite, I'd be curious to check it out. I now know people in real life trying this thing out, so I figure it's time to give it a look.

Just PM'ed you an invite code. They've really opened up the floodgates on invites...I've got more than I can count now.

I'm all signed up as @jeremywc (surprise!). I'm not completely sure it's got anything going for it over Twitter, but I'm interested to see where it goes.

I wouldn't mind a code (or two. I have a fairly common first name that seems to be unclaimed as of now, and I want's it too.) just to follow folks.

So I'm probably going to use Ello as a microblogging kind of thing; thoughts that don't fit on Twitter, little essays, that kind of thing. The problem is that this seems to basically be the job of tumblr and maybe I should just have a tumblr? Except from the outside the user interface of Tumblr seems a nightmare, with the 'notes' where reblogs and people who comment on what you've said are intermingled, and it doesn't seem like there are enough people of interest on tumblr to sustain a feed. Are there people who use Tumblr that can give me a comparison?

No! We don't want more Norwegians in there! toblix is more than enough! That stupid toblix and his norwegian...

Sending you a code now!