GraysonEvans

Idlethumbs changed my life forever

This isn't something I have told a lot of people but you guys make me feel very safe so I thought I would share my story. I spent years confused about my sexuality, I knew I liked women but there was always a lingering feeling of attraction when I looked at other men and that scared me. I grew up in a very christian family, went to summer camps where I was told being gay was a sin and they were so aggressive about their vitriol that one of the campers in my camper tried to steal one of the canoe and run away. So I spent years trying to figure it out and feel okay about my feelings until I started listening Idle thumbs. After about a year of listening I decided to put a face to the voices and looked up the Thumbs twitters, the first person I looked up was Sean and immediately was taken aback. For the first time in a long time I was attracted to another man in such a strong way but I was completely okay with it. I proceeded to look up everyone else and spent the next four hours looking at multiple pictures of Jake Rodkin. The final piece of the puzzle was when Tone Control started coming out and I had multiple dreams of going on a coffee shop date with Steve Gaynor. 

So basically I was super confused until I saw how attractive Idle thumbs was and I knew I was attracted to men. 

Thanks guys.

Good for you man, and thanks for sharing.  It's awesome to be part of a community where people feel comfortable expressing themselves like this.

Idle T has long been an arm of the International Gay Conspiracy, undermining the sanctity of the gamer identity since 2004.

Congrats Ringo. Fuck Ringo.

Hahaha I laughed out loud. Thanks for that.

This isn't something I have told a lot of people but you guys make me feel very safe so I thought I would share my story. I spent years confused about my sexuality, I knew I liked women but there was always a lingering feeling of attraction when I looked at other men and that scared me. I grew up in a very christian family, went to summer camps where I was told being gay was a sin and they were so aggressive about their vitriol that one of the campers in my camper tried to steal one of the canoe and run away. So I spent years trying to figure it out and feel okay about my feelings until I started listening Idle thumbs. After about a year of listening I decided to put a face to the voices and looked up the Thumbs twitters, the first person I looked up was Sean and immediately was taken aback. For the first time in a long time I was attracted to another man in such a strong way but I was completely okay with it. I proceeded to look up everyone else and spent the next four hours looking at multiple pictures of Jake Rodkin. The final piece of the puzzle was when Tone Control started coming out and I had multiple dreams of going on a coffee shop date with Steve Gaynor. 

So basically I was super confused until I saw how attractive Idle thumbs was and I knew I was attracted to men. 

Thanks guys.

Hey, thanks for sharing your story.

I think I've seen you around the internet here and there and we've possibly conversed before somewhere, but I guess you're new here so welcome to the forums. :D

I can't find a link, but there is a certain LGBT Neogaf thread where someone uses Sean as an answer to the question "who is your game dev crush", so you're in good company. 

Whatever, Sean is the Paul of the group, but Remo is the dreamy brainy one.

The boyband vibes I get from this are hilarious.

I consider myself exclusively lez and even I know that the cast has an unusually attractive male cast.

OTpHF.gif

I consider myself exclusively lez and even I know that the cast has an unusually attractive male cast.

OTpHF.gif

Is it wrong that I clicked on that hoping for a link?

It really didn't take long for this thread to switch from a celebration of an open and welcoming community to discussing how attractive the hosts are. I love this place.

In the interests of equality, I would like to point out that Danielle is also dreamy.

You should send the Thumbs an e-mail about this. They'd love it, I'm sure.

Especially Jake.

Hey, thanks for sharing your story.

I think I've seen you around the internet here and there and we've possibly conversed before somewhere, but I guess you're new here so welcome to the forums. :D

I have been known to show up on some live streams as well as being a dumb guy on twitter. 

As a fellow sort-of gay I think this is great and I'm happy you found some solace in swooning over the thumbs.

On the other hand, reading this gave me the heartiest gut laugh I've had in days. So, thanks for that too.  :)

OTpHF.gif

Can I tell you how much I love this response? And this entire thread? <3

Can I tell you how much I love this response? And this entire thread? <3

Thanks Danielle! that means a lot from you <3  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)  B)

Just wanted to say that this really the sweetest thread ever.  Thanks everyone being so good to each other.

Also: Congrats Ringo A+++

Also: Danielle makes the three of us look like goblins.

Quick, someone draw Sean, Jake and Chris as treasure goblins with huge Nature Boxes on their backs. Danielle can be the wizard.

Agreed, this thread is awesome and you are all handsome/gorgeous.