JonCole

"Ethics and Journalistic Integrity"

The thing of it is, I suspect any number of these fuckos would still be bitter, angry sexists even if they were getting laid. 

The anger would turn from "not at all" to "not as much as I deserve."

Just become aware that Kern has his own twitter version. Fancy military badge like logo, nazi color scheme white/red/black, the works. Why, you ask, aren't there enough twitter wannabes already?

Well, no, according to Kern. Because this one has capital letter FREEDOM. And FREEDOM is evidently something you need to FIGHT for (my emphasis):

We’re a brand new kind of social site. One tailored for gamers but open to any topic, from pen-n-paper gaming to politics. We’re the cure for the changes and restrictions we’ve been seeing in game forums, social media, and even video games. We fight for the gamer.

Well, I guess with the League for Gamers, we won't be seeing any more of the really really bad changes in the present industry: microtransactions, DLC, monopolous PC distributors, a bustling indie scene or feminist critics treating the medium like a proper narrative art form. Here's the solution, here's the unmoderated cure! And I guess Marky has a sound plan for the methods of his revolution... ahhhh I see.

Free Speech

We believe in a strong right to freedom of speech. If its legal to say under the 1st Amendment, you can probably say it here.

Hear, hear! If it's not harassment by the letter of the law, it's not harassment. Besides, the first amendment of what? Or is this just a website for people who accidentally live on the same slab of land as Kern does?

However! I guess everything's all right if educated people can express complex thought on the site, with 1,000 word+ posts and...

Better than Twitter

We let you post more than 140 characters. 512, in fact. We win.

Oh well.

Keep in mind, Mark Kern is one of the people who thinks that being blocked is a violation of speech rights.

Also he doesn't understand that speech rights have to do with having opinions on the government.

Gamergate is attempting to rebrand itself by the way; the new hashtag / name is "1MillionGamersStrong." The hilarious thing is, aside from it being 1,500 people and not 1,000,000, the GG auto-blocker caught the hashtag into its web and blocks it. Meaning it is full of GG language. Also the Goobergaters using the new hashtag, in the same breath, declare it isn't GG while making accusations toward anti-GG. Also, 1MillionGamersStrong is full of GG avatars and icons. So I mean... if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck...

Soo, I am still on the PlayAsia mailing list.

Don't know what it means but it looks like they are cutting the price on DOAX3 - might be because they over ordered stock and now need to clear it.

...OR they can lower the price because they import a far higher number of copies with less risk of having to bury them in the desert. Large orders placed can still be cancelled if what they're importing isn't even out for another two months. :)

Before I spin any kind of 'gg don't walk the walk' narrative, I'm fairly certain play-asia is experiencing good sales right now. Judging from website popularity statistics, their marketing ploy has given them a fairly good spike that will definitely have increased sales somewhat. What I'm unsure about is the reason for that huge spike between December 2014 and March 2015, which far surpasses the success of their recent declaration of moral bankruptcy.

It wouldn't be hard to look it up, but it's safe to assume some popular Japan only game was released in that time?

I know I was on there to try and get the Asian copy of Psycho Pass on Xbox One. Up until now it is only in Japanese, will likely go elsewhere for it in the future.

As for the discount, I noticed that there are a couple of other sites selling DOAX3 cheaper so that might be PlayAsia reducing to stay competitive.

Mike Cernovich, that failed lawyer that uses his position to enable harassment of women and "SJWs," made a wager on Twitter that he lives fully off his own endeavors and not money pertaining to his previous marriage (his ex-wife is a success). When people started taking up the wager and even going as far as providing the collateral to fulfill the $10k bet, Cernovich deleted his Tweet issuing the challenge.

https://twitter.com/2dAmMuslim/status/675946933844881408

Apparently Direct2Drive has been getting real Gamergatey.

d2d2.png

d2d.png

After they posted a link to Breitbart:

d2d3.png

It's hard to believe that last one isn't a troll hijacking their Twitter account, but they've acted Gatey in more than the past few days.

Good lord, Direct2Drive has some delusional fucks working for them.

What's with the attack on "trigger warning" anyway, lately?

Some people are insensitive bigots who enjoy hurting people, and trigger warnings are designed to help people keep from hurting each other. So, if they want to be able to hurt people, they've got to be against trigger warnings. One way to do this is to turn them into a huge joke, which other people are happy to go along with because they're willing to have a knee-jerk reaction against anything progressive, which is just human nature generally. Since #GamerGate and gamer culture generally is one huge knee-jerk reaction against anything progressive, #GamerGate and gamer culture hates trigger warnings.

Some people are insensitive bigots who enjoy hurting people, and trigger warnings are designed to help people keep from hurting each other. So, if they want to be able to hurt people, they've got to be against trigger warnings. One way to do this is to turn them into a huge joke, which other people are happy to go along with because they're willing to have a knee-jerk reaction against anything progressive, which is just human nature generally. Since #GamerGate and gamer culture generally is one huge knee-jerk reaction against anything progressive, #GamerGate and gamer culture hates trigger warnings.

My impression, and the more charitable explanation, is that GamerGate has decided that the craziest corner of Tumblr is an accurate representation of all feminism and social justice, and they like to make a punching bag of that straw-man, hence the focus on trigger warning and safe space mockery.

GamerGate's bad enough that even the best light still makes them look terrible, there's no need to paint them as puppy-kicking cartoon villains.

You don't really have to "paint" Gamergate as puppy-kicking cartoon villains, they do a good job presenting themselves as such.  Describing their actual behavior shouldn't be toned down just because they conduct themselves in a manner that can sound cartoonishly evil.

Then again, direct2drive will experience about the same thing AMD did. I.e. that your products and services decide your sales, and as to the DRMd services of Direct2Drive...

3da852361efbd643902a4e0421aedf7b_direct2

I give them one or two years. No need to even waste a second thought on their tweets.

I've been thinking about writing up a piece about the history of safe spaces where white men could avoid being triggered (men's clubs, golf courses, video games, organizations like the masons, etc.).  But surely somebody on the Internet has chased down that line of thought before.

I've been thinking about writing up a piece about the history of safe spaces where white men could avoid being triggered (men's clubs, golf courses, video games, organizations like the masons, etc.).  But surely somebody on the Internet has chased down that line of thought before.

Wait, is there such a thing as a white man trigger? If there is, I don't mean to downplay it but the thought of it makes me giggle.

Hah, no, I think Bjorn is making fun of the people who make fun of trigger warnings.

Isn't direct to drive now one of those grey market key resellers who buy stolen product in bulk. So much for keeping politics out of games anyway.

America's Man Caves are under assault, white men have systematically have every other historical safe space stripped away from them one by one.  Soon, a man won't even be able to tell rape jokes in the safety of his own home.  How is a man supposed to live if he isn't allowed to have one room in his house that's solely dedicated to keeping him from having to think about things that might make him uncomfortable.