JonCole

"Ethics and Journalistic Integrity"

Also let's just take a second to appreciate the fucking gall of a movement that specifically and routinely targets people for using Patreon, one of the few ways marginalized folk can make some money in an industry not interested in supporting them, now going "What about class issues, guys?"

And the reason for finding patreon use so darn interesting is obvious enough...

d096d4365ccd64991574ab1dd0875e8d_allrich

As I've said before, gamergate has massive problems inventing themselves a sensible/applicable concept of "corruption". Finding corruption is mostly sniffing out trails of money, so gamergate invents trails of money (the Tale of Tales/Sunset case a few pages back is exemplary in that respect). If they didn't invent that money, they'd have to understand one day that they're attacking dirt poor journalists, starving indie game developers, hobbyists and not for profit organisations exclusively.

Basic point but: not unconnected to why Republicans demonize Democrats as financial and cultural elitists despite the former being the party whose policies work against the general interests of the poor, blah blah blah adolescent politics.

reaxxion is closing down - that's the largest commercial gamergate news outlet if I'm not mistaken.

God I hope they don't archive those articles.

One of my friends privately reached out to a guy who was hired there (and it was a locked account so I can't give you names or references, sorry) but apparently R*osh made this guy write FOUR articles before even thinking of being paid, etc. Great business practices. 

Wait, the reaxxion writers were paid (or: meant to be paid)?

I always thought that would be child labor...? Grown men wrote this?

Better save that "How to spot SJW games" article. One day when I got The Vanishing of Ethan Carter for less than one Euro, I may find the game guilty as charged even on that fifth and last count. :eyebrow:

The usual. Keeping foul people off these forums. The post was only up for a couple minutes though so I guess my post makes no sense.

So does disclosure to gators (I like calling them that because I picture people arguing with prehistoric creatures, having the opinions you would expect) basically mean that everything you do needs to be accompanied by a disclaimer? At this point it seems like someone not knowing a piece of publicly available information constitutes an ethics violation for them.

I haven't been following the movement/hashtag/mob lately, but is it still a large ongoing thing?

have you ever forgotten something on the stove?

you put on a reduction or a large pot of tomato sauce on to simmer,

then you drink a bottle of wine on the patio and, by the time you remember there was still something on the burner, all that's left is a thin, stinking layer of bubbling tar smoking up the kitchen and ruining your cookware.

I think the current state of the gators is kinda like that- the volume is gone but the remaining residue is pretty vile.

The posting of this gif here is completely inevitable. I will treasure this.

This one too! Actually I'm not sure if it was posted in this thread already, but I couldn't find it so...

ePsNFw3.gif

Where are these .gifs from, did I miss something?

Anita posted both to her twitter feed.  They're not from any video, they're just GIFs she's made.

The posting of this gif here is completely inevitable. I will treasure this.

fcc6086c45f7d23eb10a537fd8caddfd_quinnke

Anita is slowly approaching the final stage of her evolution. Eventually her earrings will become so elaborate as to comprise an actual cradle, in which Jonathan McIntosh will sit and whisper slyly into her ear.

(This is a joke. Sorry.)