JonCole

"Ethics and Journalistic Integrity"

How do you find out you're on the list? I went to the site and it's split into about 100 pages. EDIT: Found out to go through github, yep on the list as expected.

I don't really get the point of their list. The first anti-gg list was to block harassment, but now they want to block anti-anti-gg people because why? It's like, 'You can't ignore me! It is me who is ignoring you!'

According to the Twitter account, it's to stop the bullying and harassment that happens when social justice warriors butt into your conversation and start judging everyone. According to sundry comments by the creator, it's to make liberal progressives look like idiots by doing to them what they did to #GamerGate and then watching them complain. Either way, it's free-speech maximalism that believes the proper response to internet "censorship" is to censor the "censors." 

i'm in there too. yay!

imagine a world where they go find a corner and keep to themselves, blocking any who attempt contact, slowly getting crazier and crazier.

then, one day you are knocked out at the wheel of your time machine and wake up in the distant future......

According to sundry comments by the creator, it's to make liberal progressives look like idiots by doing to them what they did to #GamerGate and then watching them complain.

Ahaha I'm sure the complaints will start rolling in aaaaany minute now

Though in theory they're the ones with the "complaints" so how are they going address their complaints when they've blocked any of the people they need to complain to?

A gger did a several thousand person demographic survey of KiA, many of the results can be seen here. Obviously it's an opt-in survey, so take with a grain of salt, but the results of it are that KiA is 90 percent male and 70 percent white. Amusingly, this was an international survey, and there were plenty of international respondents, and yet the creator still made this graph:

post-33601-0-78961500-1417471885_thumb.png

Actually, it's about ethics in video game journalism.

Haha, geddit, because Carly is a journalist in a video game.  Ha.  Haha. 

:getmecoat

I knew there was a reason I saved Carly

well done

Doug, you can get on the list by following more of Gamergate's victims!

I'm on the list too, but that's no surprise as I've engaged with and detracted from GG quite a lot.

I tried one last time the other day with an alt account, and the tone has definitely shifted. They're really obviously True Believers now, and think their cause is so righteous that it excuses abuse, or somehow means it's not actually abuse if they're the ones doing it.

Several gaters piled on to me, kept jumping topics and avoiding giving any answers while continually demanding proof of anything I said. In response I posted four links in a row showing documented abuses and lies committed by GG, and it prompted them to suddenly switch to becoming incredibly verbally abusive, with several immediately resorting to copying the hashtag back in to try and instigate a pile on (not just an interpretation of their words; it was a specific exhortation from them). What really stood out to me was that, a few tweets before that, they'd been talking about "GG is against abuse".

I'd concluded a while ago it was useless to engage, but that confirmed it for me. I saw these tweets this morning:

Make a joke at their expense, they'll "be deeply wounded" and take it up with "your leaders" right away. Same with insults. Stray comments..

Really this kind of is a much simpler point than I realized when I started typing. Do not, under any circumstances, talk to any GGer about..

anything ever. The reasonable ones left, so it does more harm than good 10 times out of 10. Flat out, period, don't do it. Tell others what-

they're saying, sure. Reports, directly pointing it out to their immediate or upcoming targets, absolutely. Don't engage'em though, please.

and I hope I didn't make anything worse for anyone. What she says is spot on though: engagement from non-targets doesn't distract or sway them, it fuels them to go after their targets harder.

Amusingly, this was an international survey, and there were plenty of international respondents, and yet the creator still made this graph:

attachicon.gifimage-14.png

Actually put my palm on my face.

Today, that shitty webcomic artist ShreddedMoose, who made some comics where Zoe Quinn gives him a blowjob, among other things, expressed joy at making GG comics and said he wished it was his job. Then Brad Wardell, of Stardock, made a public invitation for the guy to submit his resume.

When Zoe called him out on it, Brad proceeded to call her a liar and then use semantics against her in an attempt to deflect criticism.

A++++++++++++++

Today, that shitty webcomic artist ShreddedMoose, who made some comics where Zoe Quinn gives him a blowjob, among other things, expressed joy at making GG comics and said he wished it was his job. Then Brad Wardell, of Stardock, made a public invitation for the guy to submit his resume.

When Zoe called him out on it, Brad proceeded to call her a liar and then use semantics against her in an attempt to deflect criticism.

A++++++++++++++

The most preposterous thing is that he asserts that him, as the CEO of Stardock, telling a person to send in a resume on Twitter isn't a job offer. Now, I'm not saying he's culpable for the past of every person who submits a resume to his company, but when he publicly tells someone to apply who is scum he should at least own up to it if not apologize.

Oh wow really. Ugh that's awful.

He has a history of unapologetic sexual harassment at Stardock, which, under normal circumstances, I wouldn't hold against someone years later, assuming (probably out of naiveté) they might've grown. But given today's shit, we obviously know that's not true. I guess it's good for the employees of Soren's company that none of them are female.

Jesus, what a mess to even figure out, it's all scattered around multiple timelines.  Jim Sterling and John from RPS seem to have commented on it as well.

post-33601-0-11406100-1417541525_thumb.jpg

post-33601-0-24021800-1417541534_thumb.jpg

Just for clarification, the tweet encouraging that webcomics artist to apply happened like a month ago. That discussion kinda came back up this morning, which was when Wardell was trying to claim that Zoe was "still" lying about him.

Even then, though, the offer was made after those horrible comics were released, so "he didn't know about those" isn't a defense here.

*sigh* I used to like Stardock so much. 

I played Fallen Enchantress and liked it for a while. Looks like it will be the last purchase from Stardock. Gross.