JonCole

"Ethics and Journalistic Integrity"

It's a good thing that sleeping with journalists is a crime, because otherwise RICO wouldn't apply to Zoe Quinn and all her employees, who are probably Anita Sarkeesian, Jenn Frank and Mattie Brice, and this is all logical and definitely not a delusional conspiracy theory cooked up by a paranoid 4chan loser

yes, they should definitely contact the department responsible for investigating organised crimes and stay on the line at least 30 seconds

I bet we'll all believe them then!

If I can return to a common theme, these people are dum-dums with no practical life experience. Their claims are either non-factual or just nonsense. Yesterday the big uproar was about ZQ "not donating" based on  a sceenshot of a facebook post where a Breitbart reporter asked iFred if "depressionquest" donated money, basically phrased like that. the social media rep said "they didn't have a formal arrangement with 'depressionquest'" and people went nuts. It should be obvious to anybody that the donating party wouldn't be "depressionquest" and that the donations could come from a myriad other simple to deduce sources: physical check with any kind of name on it, money order with no identification, an email address of a paypal account that isn't the email address you think it is, etc...

Second, RICO is a federal statute so THEY can't do anything unless one of them is a federal prosecutor, which... (see first sentence of post). 

It makes me sad that the GamerGate folks are turning to the Breitbart organization for support. A week and a half ago someone on Breitbart gave GamerGate recognition and I tried speaking to some folks, via Twitter, that it's not the kind of support they want (pointing out the organization's history of making shit up or disregarding contrary information, etc). But I guess now they're just wholly embracing it.

At this point I've resigned myself to knowing that there will forever be this Tea Party style contingent on the net that will get involved in video game discussions. They won't always be called GamerGate or whatever. But they won't stop existing.

The nefarious media elitists who demand that writing be engaging will be to blame.

But, judging by the fact that sites like rpgfan still exist, they'll probably be around as long as there are people willing to write for them.

Yeah, but who will they blame for "silencing" them when they close?

Everyone knows you have to be a member of the Feminism Cabal to have an operating site.

Edit - I've been letting people know about Breitbart's shady history as a journo site and it's taking a lot of the bark out of GamerGate supporters. They still deny it / tell me I'm wrong, but I notice their enthusiasm / intensity drops substantially. It literally does stand against the very ethics they claim the hashtag is against.

Edit Edit - It's just neat to see how powerful doubt is. Which they should have. I'm not doing this to be mean to them, it's actual cautionary, "Hey, this is bad shit you're walking along with."

is this a goddamn joke? a bunch of allegedly anonymous developers insist on game journalists disclosing all their finances? fuck off.

ps. this post is actually the views of a consortium of over 65% of the living nasa astronauts, and camera people on cable ghost hunting shows. 

"Ask any honest game developer who has been in this space as long as we have and they’ll quietly admit that yes, this is unlike anything they’ve ever seen before. And it’s ugly."

Well, at least they got one thing right.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

A Sincere Proposal to the GamerGate Community. Wherein 27 game developers claim to speak for all truehearted indie devs in their support for GamerGate. Without naming themselves. Or their studios.

I stopped reading this at the pinkwashing. It's just disgusting when people try to say, "Look! We're totally cool! We love gay people! That's how progressive we are!" It's just tiring to see LGBT people (or LGBT activism) used to deflect accusations of maybe not being socially progressive.

(and really, you don’t need to be the best writer, just an avid gamer) 

So GamerGate targets and forces out some of the best writers in the industry, and these guys want to replace them with people who can sort of write, kind of? Ugh. Good work, you tools.

"Of course we have support! We can't say who they are or what they do but they're there, we swear!"

Andy Kaufman better be rising from the grave or some shit because this is just bonkers at this point.

I've been catching up on It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and this scene pretty well captures the logic of many people involved in gamergate:

haha someone bought garbagegamers.us and made it a redirect to goodgamers.us

Have I mentioned recently how spectacularly unsuccessful Gamergate has been at its aims? Zoe Quinn got writeups in Time and The New Yorker. Anita Sarkeesian's reach keeps getting bigger as people try and make up for the attacks she's suffered. Of the big sites, only the Escapist has made any moves to change editorial policy, and in doing so exposed that the site owner's kind of a dick.

Have I mentioned recently how spectacularly unsuccessful Gamergate has been at its aims? Zoe Quinn got writeups in Time and The New Yorker. Anita Sarkeesian's reach keeps getting bigger as people try and make up for the attacks she's suffered. Of the big sites, only the Escapist has made any moves to change editorial policy, and in doing so exposed that the site owner's kind of a dick.

Meanwhile they continue to declare success.

This is the Citizen Kane moment of video games activism, and #gamergate is their rosebud.