Chris

Idle Thumbs 172: http://malaise.ennui/

There's also that named Yoshi in Super Mario RPG: the bad-ass, blue Boshi. He wears shades because that's cool. Also Yoshis talk and have their own society in that game. And, one would presume, in Yoshi's Island, but one could also argue that they are just super friendly societal animals in that game.

I am in the camp of 'I don't like scary things'. I don't watch horror movies and I havn't played a game for a significant amount of time that would be considered scary (Well, Dead Space 1 I suppose might be the exception).

This episode had me thinking about it, and I generally think that I just don't enjoy the tension of it, especially because I know that it is artificial. Not that other games don't make me tense - tough sequences or being close to a failure state can certainly do it, but it's generally just something I don't personally enjoy in horror.

That said - the idea behind PT is great, I personally wish more of these sorts of experiences or 'vertical slices' of games from E3 or Gamescom could be released to the wider public with the infrastructure that is in place on modern consoles and PC's. How great would it be to have a new game announced and instead of watching a 4 minute trailer you could go home and play a 20 minute chunk?

Could someone remind me (or point me to the episode that mentions) where Danielle's 'Mints Jr.' nickname comes from?

Ah, yes.  I remember.  It's because having Danielle on the podcast is an exceptional treat, like Junior Mints at the cinema.  Thanks.

See, I had Junior Mints for the first time recently, and they're not that great. I can't imagine that a country like America has only one candy using peppermint essence.

They're alright, but the main thing is that they're uncommon outside of movie theaters, so they're kind of special for that reason. And yeah, York Peppermint Patties are pretty much the exact same thing but bigger.

See, I had Junior Mints for the first time recently, and they're not that great. I can't imagine that a country like America has only one candy using peppermint essence.

But were they cold? They're a good deal better when refrigerated.

See, I can buy Peppermint Patties and refrigerate them, or I can buy Minties, and I can have a mint that takes a little while to get through. I have options.

Danielle, though, is irreplaceable.