I think they might have changed some stuff about Xu. I didn't really get to test that theory, since it was in an Expert campaign I started today where I immediately ate shit, but when I disabled safes to loot them, they didn't show up as hackable objects afterwards.

They don't show up as hackable once they've been looted, but they're still an unhacked object (the end of level screen will show the safe as unhacked, unless they actually did change it in the DLC), therefore Ram can dump to them.

Also Volt Disruptors have cooldowns now

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm just past the new 48 hour extender mission. I'm using Derek (The new teleporter guy) and nikita. I picked up internationale as well in my fist mission, so i've been boosting Dereks speed. He is great to leave behind with an objective while my slower members head back to the teleporter. Nikita KOs everything she looks at and Int is as always, really useful. When i need to extract, nikita will drop the teleporter becon and Derek zips back to them.

They changed some of the existing characters i think. There is older versions of them you can unlock now as well!

They changed some of the existing characters i think. There is older versions of them you can unlock now as well!

Archive characters? Those have been around for a while (though in the scale of II's development, they're relatively recent).

This game is just fantastic.  I started on Beginner, but at Day 2 I restarted the game on Experienced, and the difficulty is pretty solid for learning the game with the three rewinds.  I did start with the DLC and I kind of wish I hadn't, so I could have played one short campaign and then done the longer campaign on Expert, but so it goes.

I'm sad that it doesn't seem very popular - I can't even find anyone streaming it on twitch and I think the permadeath and tension would make it an exciting game to watch.  This forum is also the only gaming forum I've seen active discussion on it, other than the Steam forums.  

It's pretty neat! I always thought XCOM was the most interesting when you played it as a roguelike, but with at least a dozen hours or so to finish it that's pretty hard to do without ruining your life. This has a nice short length for playing repeatedly.

Derek definitely sounds pretty useful, I hadn't even considered that you could hand over the teleportation device to another character. In the main game your objective and the teleporter room don't often end up on the completely different sides of the map, but with the addition of having to search for batteries the likelihood for that seems to increase. Just recently I thought I had hit the jackpot when both the teleporter room and the augment grafters I was looking for were placed directly adjacent to the starting room, until I remembered I stll had to fetch that battery from behind a gauntlet of killer drones.

I'm playing on the easiest difficulty and I only have 3 days it seems?

Literally pumped my fist in the air after completing detention rescue by the skin of my teeth. SO GOOD.

I love reading some of the stuff people have got up to with characters. The idea of handing of the teleporter beacon is really neat i hadn't thought about that at all, i just tended to dump it at the exit and then send him of as my mule to carry whatever loot the end objective needed and fill up his inventory then teleporting back

Literally pumped my fist in the air after completing detention rescue by the skin of my teeth. SO GOOD.

The DLC adds a couple extra days if you have it enabled, which nearly doubles the playing time of the campaign.  As I understand it - I haven't reached the end myself.

You can complete a mission that lasts into the fourth day (on hour 71 you can start a 12-hour vault heist for instance), but once you go to the mission select screen at hour >= 72, it will force you to undertake the Final Mission, which has some unique predefined objectives.

Derek's unique ability is becoming less useful as things get more chaotic! I'm tending to keep my team in a tighter group, and he has around 14 AP by the time late game happens so he can cover ground better than anyone. Who i really wish i had right now is the woman who can open doors without keycards!

I did have one spectacular moment where he teleported in to KO an alerted guard though. Best.

Okay now there's been a patch and my Volt Disruptor doesn't have a cooldown anymore. Maybe I'm just hallucinating.

Volt Disruptors still don't have a cooldown as far as I can tell.  There is also new item the DLC adds which is halfway between a volt and a neuro, it uses a certain amount of power per armor penetration needed, and does have a cooldown though.  

Dunno if anyone else has tried this, but would definitely recommend running salem, draco, mercenary and dynamo to ramp the tension up to 11. Blitzing through levels grabbing as many charge packs as you can find as salem feeds draco free stats while your two programs go about kicking in the doors of any and all cyber security (being able to kill indiscriminately with salem to reset mercenary at key times makes for some insane speed hacking) makes for a unique experience.

Tried a similar setup with xu instead of salem to disable the heart monitors, essentially removing all penalty for draco's free stats, but i never managed to get an economic lethal weapon early enough. it just wasn't the same with the lower bodycount

So...this game is pretty good guys. I don't think there's been a Klei game I don't enjoy. They seem to be able to do stealth really well!

Finally bought this in the Humble Sale yesterday, along witht the DLC. It's as good as I expected it to be. Nearly done my first Experienced run (I skipped Beginner) and I've already had a lot of super tense close calls which have been awesome. The Rewinds are a life saver, although I would really love a generic "Undo" button. Sometimes I just misclick and want to erase that move, rather than rewinding all the way back to the previous turn. But I can understand that that might screw with the design.

Also Volt Disruptors have cooldowns now, I'm pretty sure that is new.

Double-post to say that I'm using a Volt Disruptor and it doesn't have a cooldown, so either you misunderstood something or they've changed this in the intervening months.