Sign in to follow this  
clyde

Lovely Planet

5.png

It's a time-attack, first-person-shooter  with kawaii art-style. Restarts are handled like Super Meat Boy, but the controls feel sluggish and the character has no sense of weight. The first worlds are boring and I was starting to think I had made a poor consumer-choice, but then things really pick up in world 2-1; apples are introduced and it adds a time-dimension to the game. This game makes me giggle. Moving through the same level over and over again, perfecting your lines is satisfying. It's important to understand how the time-dimension adds to the game. Apples are thrown into the air and if they hit the ground before you shoot them, it's a failed run. What this means is that you start perfecting not only the path you take, but the particular timing of your shots. Little red square-creatures fire purple cubes which can be destroyed with your shots.  On world 2-3, the key to getting to where I needed to be as fast as I needed to was to wait until just the right moment in my jumping-trajectory to fire at the little red square-creature so that I would hit the purple shot that kept failing my run. 
The apples make a distinct sound when they launch. I had a moment where I accidentally jumped in the wrong direction, still took out the red square-creature and avoided the spikes; but then in just a moment, I said to myself "Uh-oh, where is the apple, it's about to..." and my run failed.

For the record, I changed my look sensitiviity to 38 and I'm using an xbox controller. 

This is what it felt like to complete world 2-3

If I'm correct that there are no steam-friends leaderboards, then it is a surprising omission. This game needs a friends-list leaderboard. How else will they see my sick times?

I really like the art style, looks like it would be fun to play around with this.

Adding it to my wishlist so I can grab it during the winter sale. 

I really like the art style, looks like it would be fun to play around with this.

Adding it to my wishlist so I can grab it during the winter sale.

Maybe it will have friends-list leaderboards by then. It's fun. Something I didn't mention is that it's got the three-star scoring system. You get one star for completion, one for achieving a qualifying time, and one for 100% accuracy of your shots. I've been going through world 1 again getting all the stars.

Does it have achievements? 

Yes. I got one for shooting a projectile out of the air at an angle perpendicular to it's trajectory.

I hope to hear about your experience getting three stars in world 2-3.

I hope to hear about your experience getting three stars in world 2-3.

Alright whenever I end up getting it I will!

Add me on steam I'm Halo 2

YAY! The update gave us leaderboards that are filterable!

Let's do this.