Niyeaux

PAX Prime 2014

This year's PAX Prime is only a month and a bit away now. I recall there being a pretty sizable Thumbs meetup last year, though I somehow managed to miss it. Are we gonna do that again? Do we have a decent contingent of people attending again this year?

I organized the meetup last year and completely failed at finding a sufficiently sized space to hold everyone.  I won't be going to any PAX this year unfortunately so someone else can ineptly try to organize a meetup.

If something goes down, I'd be happy to show up and have a drink or a bite. I'm not much of an organizer these days, it stressed me out.

It would be nice if someone videoed the idlethumbs live cast, whether a reader or more an official thing. Live podcasts always sound kinda screwy.

I think Chris said on Twitter that it'll be streamed on Twitch.

That's the firewatch panel

Ah you're right, I'm a big dummy.

Oh good Lord, thumbs panel on Sunday. I was going to skip that day. Now I need to buy a Saturday and a Sunday pass from scalpers :(

I am going, but I will mostly be at the Devolver booth showing my dumb clown game. I'll try to make a thumbs meetup if you guys nail something down. This will be my first ever large convention of any kind so I'm pretty pumped.

Nice, I was at the DF party at the hard rock last year and had a blast.

Yeah me too, it was good times. Defs gonna attend again this year.

I'm the thumbs-up in that picture.

EDIT: Er, the one in the back.

I think I see Tim Schafer, in the middle there, reading the tweets he'll get in a year

So it sounds like PAX this year has been mostly pleasant? No drama?

9gK3Zv6.jpg

The Giant Bomb PAX panel thing that they posted video of is pretty great and I've been loving the ridiculous Dr. Tracksuit stuff.

That royal rumble thing was ridiculous. Unfortunately, everyone pretty much wanted to be a heel so with all the turns in the middle it ended up with Dave Lang, John Drake, and Dr. Tracksuit all just destroying people as allies for a while before they realized they should probably lose so the main event was better. I really want to get one of those Run GFB shirts though.

Edit: And no drama that I'm aware of, plus a pretty cool (if a bit small) diversity lounge thing right in the path of traffic for the 6th floor part of the expo hall. Also, some pretty good new language in the harassment policies, including filling out reports and such.

So, Americans: how full do the concerts usually get?

Because two years in a row PAX Aus hasn't been able to even half-fill the concert venue. Is that normal for PAX, or are they screwing up the concert organisation?

I've never gone to one at the actual venue, I usually watch part of it from the video feed they have at the convention center.  But they seem to be full.  They usually have part of the Omegathon before the concerts which also helps to draw a crowd.  Do they do that in Aus?

Did I miss a 2015 thread? Is anyone planning on being there?

I still don't even have the official schedule online -- do they usually wait this late to release it?