tegan

The Fanart Collective

EDIT: This one is so clever/dumb that I laugh every time.

5XpTyJK.jpg

I get it. I think

they are all time travellers, right? (or at least, travelling in time is a repeated theme - in Tatami Galaxy he doesn't so much time travel as show the possible time parallels that branch off from a single decision)

Apart from the guy who's not anime. I am the worst?

edit: and the girl next to him

I will now always refer to Bill Murray as "the guy who's not anime."

(the girl is from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, which is kind of terrible anyway)

Last week my friend and I had a waitress who was wearing one of those black and white Bill Murray shirts. This would have been unremarkable, as those shirts are common to the point that they're becoming irritating among a certain crowd, except that after she took our order and left my friend said to me "Does her shirt have a portrait of Neville Chamberlain on it?"

Oh it's Bill Murray. Riiiight now it makes sense.

one of those black and white Bill Murray shirts.

What?
I have not seen these shirts. Maybe it's an American thing? In England, I'm sick of the 'Keep Calm and Carry On' variants that are all over the shop. It doesn't even have to make sense or be funny anymore. When I went to see Monty Python on Saturday they were selling "Keep Calm and Build a Shrubbery" shirt. Ugh. It's the worst most over used meme ever. It was kinda cute and patriotic, now it's everywhere and infuriating.

Oh it's Bill Murray. Riiiight now it makes sense.

What?

I have not seen these shirts. Maybe it's an American thing? In England, I'm sick of the 'Keep Calm and Carry On' variants that are all over the shop. It doesn't even have to make sense or be funny anymore. When I went to see Monty Python on Saturday they were selling "Keep Calm and Build a Shrubbery" shirt. Ugh. It's the worst most over used meme ever. It was kinda cute and patriotic, now it's everywhere and infuriating.

It is this shirt:

a0042d01m.jpg

Those fucking Keep Calm shirts are everywhere here too ("here" being Canada, not America). They are the most tired and bullshit thing, but everyone still seems to think they're clever. Whatever, not for me to judge what other people wear, but I am tired of them.

Those fucking Keep Calm shirts are everywhere here too ("here" being Canada, not America). They are the most tired and bullshit thing, but everyone still seems to think they're clever. Whatever, not for me to judge what other people wear, but I am tired of them.

I'm beginning to think those Keep Calm shirts are secretly some big experiment to see if we can be trained into a Pavlovian-like rage response to the word Calm.

L5uHJgm.jpg

I know it's stupid, but re-envisioning General Greivous as an asthmatic dating sim character is still among my favourite things 4chan has ever done.

x5dzEDK.jpg

AUUGH I LOVE THIS ONE SO MUCH. Getting some Pacific Rim and Hokusai vibes from it, specifically the waves.

It's a Pacific Rim/Pokémon mashup.

It's especially great because Feraligatr had a Japanese designer and Golurk had an American one.

m9HF3EY.jpg

"The strength of heart required to face oneself has been made manifest. You can now open green doors."

I don't think I've gotten any of the weird fanart mashups so far in this thread without having them explained to me.

Like you didn't already know SecretAsianFan.

S9hZ4eL.jpg

I can't decide if my favourite thing about this is Pirate Sewaddle or the Mawile sewing machine.

Also acceptable: Vanellope and Missingno.