tegan

The Fanart Collective

Fanart, fanart, fanart

Some is good and some is bad

Fanart, fanart, fanart

Ask your mom or ask your dad

You all know I have a thing for terrifying or inexplicable fanart, but I also like finding the goo stuff too. I figured it would be nice to have a catch-all thread for posting that sort of thing in without cluttering up the Comical Image thread. I'll get the ball rolling with some King of the Hill, because King of the Hill fanart is alway amazing.

wb3WNhj.png

MJJgg9X.jpg

kihmCvh.png

A7PPGhC.gif

Sailor Jupiter is about as badass as this dude could hope for.

It was really irritating when the VHS and DVD releases of JC's The Thing didn't use Drew Struzan's amazing poster art, replacing it with crappy screen-grabs or even the bland video game cover art. Thankfully the blu-ray art seems to have reinstated it. Edgar Wright took inspiration from Struzan's image for The World's End, even though it doesn't actually appear in Carpenter's movie itself.

1196131_large.jpg

1196137_large.jpg

1196135_large.jpg

I don't like the DOTT one so much, but the other two are fantastic.

The only problem I have with Guybrush is his beard. I thought he was clean shaven :/

I really like the detail of all the items falling out of Guy's coat though. 

He's only clean shaven in the first game. And the third. And the fourth.

Anyway that art is clearly from the second game. (I think. I'm sure someone will chime in to correct me if I'm wrong.)

No, you are correct, in the second one he has a shitty beard. I don't like how well-lit that underground bunker is, though.

Look at us complaining about this fanart.

Look at us complaining about this fanart.

It's like we're on the Internet!

I don't like Manny's face, though I love everything else about the GF one. 

It's mainly that I never liked the way they took the art direction after the second MI game and this draws pretty directly from that. It always irritates me when a character changes in an interesting way and it gets rolled back for whatever reason. I liked Guybrush's development from 1 to 2 from a scrawny rookie into a relatively capable and famed adventurer with a sweet coat and beard, and was disappointed at his character in MI3 being basically his character from MI1, ignoring the game in between (which I still think is the best of the series).

Basically I am grouchy and can't enjoy anything.

I really like Manny's face because it looks like the Peter Chan concept art!

concept1.jpg

Whilst we're on the topic of Grim Fandango, my favourite t-shirt is a sweet Grim one from a company called Game Tee. Check it:

tumblr_mjkextUdVJ1qgtc21o1_500.jpg

I love it the most because it's so darn inconspicuous. Unless you knew it was Manny, you wouldn't bat an eyelid at it, as it's just another stylish tee.

They also did a sweet series of prints as book covers which are rad.

0_DOD.jpg0_KATAMARI.jpg0_UPSIDEDOWN.jpg0_FORBIDDEN.jpg0_CARA_MIA_GAMETEE%C2%A9.jpg

Pretty sweet designs imo, although they are quite costly. And they spell video games as one word :(  :tdown:  Link: http://www.gametee.co.uk/ 

I find it amusing that the Katamari Damacy book title is The Wonderful End of the World when there's that Dejobaan came called The Wonderful End of the World, which is a poor man's Katamari Damacy.

Maybe that's a joke? I thought that too. But I also got confused with The World Ends With You. Worlds should stop ending.

All I think of when I hear of The Wonderful End of the World was getting that fucking potato. (although audio wave's one was so much harder)

Those god damn potatoes.

It's mainly that I never liked the way they took the art direction after the second MI game and this draws pretty directly from that. It always irritates me when a character changes in an interesting way and it gets rolled back for whatever reason. I liked Guybrush's development from 1 to 2 from a scrawny rookie into a relatively capable and famed adventurer with a sweet coat and beard, and was disappointed at his character in MI3 being basically his character from MI1, ignoring the game in between (which I still think is the best of the series).

Basically I am grouchy and can't enjoy anything.

Nah it's always been a valid complaint. They backtracked a little bit too much to make a new interpretation of the character and a lot of the humor of the series. MI3 is a very different game in my opinion in terms of tone and characterization. Then EMI came around and made the wuss Guybrush worse and played Elaine for the same kind of cardboard cutout, just the opposite type. I guess Tales tries to connect it all together again to make everyone happy, but it sucks that that sort of baggage comes with it.

cYygfCS.jpg

EDIT: This one is so clever/dumb that I laugh every time.

5XpTyJK.jpg