melmer

Nobody expects the Dragon Age Inquisition

I'm with you on missing most of the areas, after beating the game I hadn't even unlocked a couple of the zones yet. I quite enjoyed some of the area specific missions, like retaking the outposts in the exalted plains or clearing the dam in crestwood. They were all these little stories taking place alongside the main story and added a nice bit of texture to the world.

I was really hoping bioware would do something related to after the main story ends, though games don't tend to have much in the way of falling action/post big bad going down. There were a number of times your companions referenced what was going to happen after corypheus was dealt with, so I was hoping for a kind of red dead redemption style epilogue that never came.

Also for anyone that has completed any of the collection type quests, does anything happen? Like if you close all the rifts or gather all the shards and open the final door?

While I am enjoying more exploring around (doing quest, finding stuff) and craft, even game perfromance is much better now (at least is that felt playing now). I do slowly start to feel that a maybe a small issue is that how the game uses the same "channel" to tell but important and vital stuff and not so important lore stuff, which is very easy to ignore and click too fast or simple dismiss by accident, combined with the fact that sometimes characters may run in really important stuff but they don´t really react to it.

My character a Dalish Elf had just found some really important things that shed some new light upon the Dalish story, but he simple didn´t react to it. No one did, nor Solas no Sera, I was just given the option to sell this to the Chantry or give it back to Elves, again, no reaction (I did the later, but nothing appeared to happen, unless if Solas later telling me how responsible I am it was the reaction, but since he don´t mention any situation so I was unsure of what he was talking about ).

In one way the fact that most quest don´t require you to go back and forth between a npc is great because gives you a much better game pace, but sometimes you appear to be doing really random stuff for no real reason and that have no consequence. In the Hissing Wastes you got a quest "Let´s Kill a Beast" which you go and kill and that is it. No explanation, no context, nothing.

Later I finish the quest to active those artifacts for Solas and had to go to the Hinterlands to close a Rift, which was labeled as "powerful Rift" but turn to be a really weak one, which after I closed, nothing else happened.

There is also a quest on the Hissing Wastes to look for a missing patrol, however the game does no really tell or explain what exactly you are seeking, tip: is not a patrol it is a box with a random none enchanted item which unless you pick up the quest wont end.

This kind made worst by all reward begin in small amounts of Power, which you don´t really need and the quanty is so low that won´t help at all.

I did enjoyed the Halimshiral part (more spoilers ahead), the outfit you gain and the end is just one of the best so far. But...

- I kind just wished that Vivianne had a larger role.

- Also they could have give some more explanation on who is who before the party started.

- There is some nice small details, such as you entering in the party hall after or before bell calls, but no one really explain that.

- It´s very easy to end this quest by pure aciddent and lock yourself out of desire ending. Also you may not be able to finish some side quest there or not depending of you choices, but its not really clear, so you might think to have got struck or missing something, but no.

- Keep looking around for "vague intrigue deals" is annoying because you have to go around spamming the search key.

Booted up the game for the first time in a while. They added dragon fights to multi-player which makes it less boring for sure. Also there's a bard that plays mad licks on his lute.

Bad news was reformatting since I last played and finding that cloud saves in origin are not on by default.

Booted up the game for the first time in a while. They added dragon fights to multi-player which makes it less boring for sure. Also there's a bard that plays mad licks on his lute.

I had wondered how MP had evolved.  ME3 certainly evolved quite a bit, particularly with new classes and powers being added.  Perhaps I should give MP another shot.  They lady and I have been seriously jonesing for a new horde-mode-grindy thing to play. 

It's still janky/crashy as hell, for me at least, and holy moly is the progress towards unlocking new characters slow (trying to encourage the real money currency use I guess).

That said, the core idea is still compelling enough for me to boot it up every so often. It's scratching the itch that WoW 5-mans used to scratch for me, though with a whole lot less polish.

The (free) dragon expansion unlocks one of the new classes after you open a chest...I had a lot of free chests waiting for me when I booted up, got a lot of items

I just finished the Trespasser DLC. Jaws of Hakkon and the Descent were a little disappointing, though they did flesh out the lore a bit if you're into that kind of thing. Trespasser however was pretty fantastic-- a great end to the story, wraps up all the loose ends nicely and sets up the next game. They also added in a few neat features for the single player campaign like having enemies scale up to the inquisitor's level, the ability to sync collectibles across playthroughs, and now all of the abilities have a togglable upgrade that pretty dramatically changes their utility. From what I understand those features were just included in a patch, but if you enjoy the dragon age story I highly recommend picking this up.

I picked up trespasser, and am debating whether to continue with my endgame character, or start with a new one that would make the alternate choice in the big decision. Do you think the new changes would benefit a new game?

I picked up trespasser, and am debating whether to continue with my endgame character, or start with a new one that would make the alternate choice in the big decision. Do you think the new changes would benefit a new game?

If you are satisfied with your story so far, I'd say just go with that character, but make sure you do all the other stuff you want to do before you start the DLC. If you want to play stuff you missed or enjoy the combat, starting a new character is probably the way to go. They've also added in a number of new items, such as runes that greatly modify stats (for example +100% mana capacity, -50% mana recharge) and all kinds of other goodies to play with. Overall the gameplay changes allow for much more diverse builds, and some of the trials (difficulty mods) smooth out the experience overall.

Who to ask for help when closing the bridge... Things got very strange the way I played it last time.

I started again, after messing with the Keep so that the world should be significantly different... This time with added God baby

I feel like an amnesiac. I don't remember a thing that happens in that game after the well.

Heh, I tried jumping straight to the new stuff with my old character, and got soundly thrashed in th first fight! I can't remember what any of the abilities do, who has appropriate gear, or how the chargy uppy power works :P!

Is anyone interested in the multiplayer for this? I played it a bit at launch but they've added a bunch of new stuff since then like dragon fights and new classes, one being similar to the magical wizards.

Is anyone interested in the multiplayer for this? I played it a bit at launch but they've added a bunch of new stuff since then like dragon fights and new classes, one being similar to the magical wizards.

I pop into it every so often but the floatiness and unresponsiveness is such a bummer every time it never keeps my interest for long. Ranged is OK but melee is just a nightmare.

I just got to Trespasser with my new Inquisitor. I made a new world state via the keep, sided with the Templars rather than the mages, and went for something completely different. My first Inquisitor was a female dwarf rogue, who was impish and ended up with Josephine. My new inquisitor is a human male warrior- the option I usually avoid like the plague- who is far more religious, and romanced Cassandra, which was surprisingly sweet. Oh, and this time around involved a god baby.

I enjoyed my second time round more than I thought I would, and finished in about half the time. There were substantial changes that I appreciated; I actually gasped out loud when the new Divine was chosen. I also went to a few areas that I skipped last time. That my more curated approach was more enjoyable than the first time round speaks to my original conclusion that there is too much stuff to do for my taste.

Is it just me, or is the start of Trespasser actually pretty hard? I've wiped once or twice, and have been progressing by the skin of my teeth, even though I was at the recommended level of 20.

I hope to finish this before starting fallout, which is sitting preloaded on my hard drive noe

I finished Trespasser, and thoroughly enjoyed it! It really set up the next game very nicely, so I very much want to see where it goes next. There is no more War Table, just this one mission with breaks to talk to people etc. It was hard enough to make me start using the tactical mode, but had plenty of supply caches.

There is also a substantial amount of lore, which was fascinating for me as a long time Dragon Age fan