Lu 

Nederlandsche Thumbmoet: Let me tell you the story of a child who put his fing--

Rad! I glanced over this thread title and had to do a double-take. As a Thumbs citizen living in Utrecht, meeting some of you fantastic people sounds like the best thing. So count me in! PM sent.

Don't invite the kid who holds back the dyke. Lol. You would all die in a flood lol.

Rad! I glanced over this thread title and had to do a double-take. As a Thumbs citizen living in Utrecht, meeting some of you fantastic people sounds like the best thing. So count me in! PM sent.

Cool! Glad to have you.  :tup:

Guys, I'm afraid I have to bail! We just bought a house & are super busy arranging stuff with constructors etc. and one of them only had time this saturday for a meeting :(

That's alright, we have hedgefield now.  :finger:

But for reals, that sucks and that is great and that sucks, in that order! Hopefully if this Saturday won't be too scarring for the Dutch contingent, we'll do it again sometime.

We should all wear our patented Idle Thumbs KickStarter t-shirt so that people think we're students participating in university introduction activities.

Shucks Osmo, that's sad to hear, but we'll deffo meet up another time. MAYBE IN YOUR NEW HOUSE?

I may or may not (but I have) created a horrifying wizard hat that I'll wear on Utrecht CS, as a beacon for Thumbs.

So wait, did we decide on a time for tomorrow? Cause I can't find a time.

This is another task for SOILER!

Utrecht Central Station, 12:00, near the old NS ticket tooth booth

(It was already in the mass e-mail I sent out though, perhaps it got lost in the spam folder)

It was an overwhelming succes! (Though I_Smell didn't show up, unfortunately.) We hung out, had a fantastic lunch at a popular Utrechtian café and in the evening saw a dumb Hollywood movie (The Expendables 3). All in all, pretty fun and worthy of a sequel.

Yea, I really enjoyed myself; it was fun! Nice to meet all of you (and Rodi again).

WizardBeacon.jpg

Rodi, our wizard beacon. Like a bat signal for fellow Thumbs.

Gentlemen.jpg

Enjoying a beverage in a cozy place! The food was scrumptious! (Depicted from left to right: Rodi, elmuerte (he looks completely like his avatar!! I was so happy!), hedgefield. The amazing photographer: me)

And it would have been nice if I_smell hadn't completely forgotten. Shame you weren't there!

I have the best luck when it comes to trains. All kinds of work being done on the tracks meant that a 45 minute ride turned into a 3 hour trip and I only just got home.

Shucks Lu, a three hour trip!

Also that is the most wizardly face I could conjure up.

Oh man! Trains...

Agreed, it was a lot of fun! Quite 'gezellig' to hang out with you cool kids. Wish I could have stayed longer, but I'll be there next time for sure.

Also.

Man, so sad I missed it. On the bright side, the aannemer seems competent so we may actually have a bathroom when we move in :tup:

A bathroom?! What a luxury. Look who's swimming in the moneys.

I read this thread name as Nerdland welp that is my contribution as I am a poor kid in Canada .

Not inaccurate.