Lu 

Nederlandsche Thumbmoet: Let me tell you the story of a child who put his fing--

So for those who missed it, in August we're planning a little meet up in Utrecht with the Idle Thumbs community.

We haven't decided on a whole lot yet, except THE DATE WHICH IS Saturday, August 23th  for the date which will be somewhere between August 22nd and 28th. If you're interested, we're using a little scheduling site so we can select the ideal day; if you PM Roderick, Dutch Idle Thumb Extraordinaire,  and send him your email he'll hook you up with a link to the site.

Like I said before, we haven't decided on a whole lot, so let's use this space to do just that! Our current idea is to just find a place where we can all go have a beverage together and, weather prohibiting, maybe sit outside and enjoy some sun while enjoying a beverage.

Current list of deviants:

• Lu
  • Roderick
  • elmuerte
  • I_Smell
  • Osmo

and...

• YOU!?

Hooray!

I bet if we can get Olly Moss to come, we'll get Mington. It's a package deal.

But seriously, come hither Dutchmen!

Yeah, me and Olly will be inseparable come august (because I'll have handcuffed myself to him)

Good news! I was off on my holiday timing, turns out I'm back in the country before the 23d and weill probably be able to make it.

Sweet! I pre-empted you by putting you in the list anyway, but now I don't have to edit! Now if only that I_smell jerk would respond...

Oops sorry, I skimmed over this Dutch e-mail in my inbox!

I just saw it now and thought "Oh, aafspraken... what do I have an appointment for?"

And with that the date has been decided! OH MY GOD, IT'S...

Saturday, August 23th

I think you probably mean

Zaterdag 24 augustus

I have no reason to be in this thread, but scheduling an event for Zaterdag sounds so much more badass than Saturday.

And yet all of the above is wrong, since the actual date of the meeting is

Zaterdag 23 augustus

Tis done! The Rubicon's been crossed! Anyone stil inclined to come is welcome on that date. And leave it to old Lu and I to think of where to go. Suggestions obv welcome. You'll hear from us!

It has been noted in my agenda. That means that there's no way back now.

And yet all of the above is wrong, since the actual date of the meeting is

Zaterdag 23 augustus

Tis done! The Rubicon's been crossed! Anyone stil inclined to come is welcome on that date. And leave it to old Lu and I to think of where to go. Suggestions obv welcome. You'll hear from us!

I don't know what you're talking about. It said that all along. That's what I get for copy pasting.

I just came by to say that I love how you're all writing the date in shitty Comic Sans. Carry on.

soiler.

shitty Comic Sans

OMG, it all makes sense now.

This is the best thing on the Idle Thumbs Forum:

:teatable:

And one day I shall use it appropriately.

Today is not that day

The hour draws near! This Saturday is that hour!

I hope everyone is prepared. And don't forget: if you're in the neighborhood and so inclined, please drop by! We're collecting ourselves on Utrecht Central Station around 12:00 (noon).

If I happen to find myself wandering about 5000 miles from home, I'll drop by!

Also I'm a huge geography dumbass so I had to Google how many countries are between Sweden (which I'm visiting for Christmas) and the Netherlands so I could potentially make a joke about being 4 months late but closeby. Alas, Sweden is pretty far away so you don't get to have that sweet potential joke.

[THREAD HIJACK]

If I happen to find myself wandering about 5000 miles from home, I'll drop by!

Also I'm a huge geography dumbass so I had to Google how many countries are between Sweden (which I'm visiting for Christmas) and the Netherlands so I could potentially make a joke about being 4 months late but closeby. Alas, Sweden is pretty far away so you don't get to have that sweet potential joke.

Woah, where in Sweden? I might be in Norway for Christmas, but if not we should totally hang.

[THREAD HIJACK]

Woah, where in Sweden? I might be in Norway for Christmas, but if not we should totally hang.

I think Gothenburg?

Man I am bummed out about missing that sweet potential joke.

Sweden's a nice place, but if you want to ride to Holland you'll have to go through Denmark and that's a warzone. The country got totally screwed in the nuclear fuck-up of 1998 and now only child-mutants dwell there. Best bring a Humvee and some blood-ridden carcases to placate them as you make your swift exit.

I think Gothenburg?

That is 40 minutes from where I live currently, and where I spend a lot of weekends. =) Let me know when you have a set plan, even if I'm not around, I can provide Tips&Tricks.