FWIW I find mice with lots of buttons to be sort of... unwieldy. But for the purposes of playing this game on a couch, I imagine it's the best option.

Also yes quicksave button is mandatory. Although the game is pretty liberal with its autosaves (and you can adjust autosave frequency in the options).

My loremaster is also a weak-backed archer and crafter which means that I have to use her to collect all the items, identify the armors and weapons and so on and then send them to appropriate character only to realize that they already have better gear. Jahan is the blacksmith so I send all the stuff that needs repairing to him. An so on..

Selling stuff is pretty painful as well with separate money stacks and inventories. I haven't even bothered checking whether one of my characters has significantly higher bartering skill (let alone whether I can temporarily boost it somehow).

Also, what the hell? Loremaster can inspect enemies when pressing 'ctrl'? Agggh..

Yeah, one huge shared group inventory would be so nice, when repairing or identifying using the person who has the highest skill in that trade would make sense. 

I totally fell off this game, I haven't been playing too many games in general because of finals and work stuff, trying to get back to it this week. I avoided the boss in the church and am pursuing the white witch.

I made an hour long descent into a lair, beat a bunch of enemies etc, made sure to save and quit the game and when I came back to it, the game had not actually saved my progress. I am not totally sure what happened, but having to re-do that last hour is bumming me out.

Setting save to a mouse button sounds pretty smart!

I don't even have a blacksmith, other than someone with level 1 that can repair. So far that hasn't really been an issue. Same with crafting, the only crafting i've done is making a few skillbooks if I had a blank and a scroll.

So, I think I definitely wasted 2 star stones. If you use/find one while

the homestead is under attack

it apparently doesn't unlock any new areas. Aw well. Hopefully there more in total than are needed to unlock everywhere.

Are you sure? I'm fairly certain I unlocked an area during that. I didn't even handle it for a long while. Either way, I definitely collected and used a bunch during that time, and ended up unlocking everything the Homestead had to offer.

Or maybe I just thought there were times when you have to use multiple stones to unlock rooms, and it turned out I just wasted them during that event. I.............. don't think that happened, though. I could've sworn. TOO BAD I PLAYED IT YEARS AGO AND DON'T REMEMBER. I guess.

Thinking of finally pulling the trigger on this. Is anyone interested in doing a coop campaign? I feel like I'll only actually commit to a game of this length and complexity right now if I have a partner.

So, I think I definitely wasted 2 star stones. If you use/find one while

the homestead is under attack

it apparently doesn't unlock any new areas. Aw well. Hopefully there more in total than are needed to unlock everywhere.

Interesting, thanks... I'm at this point now. This game is vast and looong; I'm about 50 hours in now, just approaching Level 13. I thought I was getting near the end, but I have a whole heap of new stuff to do!

I've put about five hours into the game and while it's obviously very well made, it has yet to captivate me. This might be because I played all the Bioware and Black Isle games back in the day, but I just don't see what makes it so special.

Interesting, thanks... I'm at this point now. This game is vast and looong; I'm about 50 hours in now, just approaching Level 13. I thought I was getting near the end, but I have a whole heap of new stuff to do!

For what it is worth, I was incorrect about the star stones. It just queues unlocks up until after said event ends, and you unlock one per visit to the end of time it seems.

I've put about five hours into the game and while it's obviously very well made, it has yet to captivate me. This might be because I played all the Bioware and Black Isle games back in the day, but I just don't see what makes it so special.

I would say keep with it, the battle system is pretty interesting with all of the elemental combos and environmental effects. 

I now have 90 hours in the game according to steam (with a fair amount of pause time), including 73 hours with my current pair. I'm taking on Level 18s now, so probably not that far to go. I've spent the last hour or so in game wandering around, before noticing on my map that the next destination is marked... yep, they do that a few times! I've enjoyed the game a great deal, but am ready for it to be over soon :P! While I've relished much of the writing when talking to various characters, the overall story arc has lost its appeal a bit.

However, the combat remains very engaging, and I love getting each new tier of skills every 3 levels or so. My "Roderick" is a fire / earth / witch guy, while my "Scarlet" is a pretty straight up ranger with lots of different arrow effects; they're not called that though. My strategy has mainly been putting bodies on the field, whether summoned or charmed (skill or arrow), buffing then letting Madora tank, Jahan Heal, and "Roderick" do AOE crazies. I love the Death Punch (I like to think they do it with one finger), and if their are handy barrels then of course I'll exploit them (there's at least one occasion where barrels basically do the whole job for you)

I love using my telekinetic spell or abilities (i have like +4 on assorted gear) to push a barrel into some creeps and then either shoot it, or throw a bomb dude onto it. 

I got this the other day after a long battle with myself. I'd been debating whether to buy it or not because I've just started an incredibly intense month long course, and I thought it might distract me beyond belief. However, I've decided that I need games to unwind (and live), and relieve myself of the stress. Or that's how I convinced myself anyway.

I've only been playing for a little while, somewhere between 2-3 hours of actually playing, and I'm enjoying it so far. I had to re-roll once because I picked two characters and none of them had a healing spell so I got smashed relentlessly. Does anyone else feel the game is pretty difficult in the initial stages? I re-rolled and picked a Wizard (obvz) and a Cleric (healadin lololol)and found my early adventures a tad easier. I played for a bit in the first town and tried venturing out but began to get frustrated when I couldn't win a fight without one character dying, and every fight was 7v2. I then found out you can recruit companions which made the whole thing far easier. I am struggling to confidently pick decent talents/skills/attributes/interests/children's names/wine preferences for my characters as there seems to be a good few ways to screw yourself over later on.

Is anyone else reminded of Runescape when they play this? Or more likely the case that Runescape reminds people of old CRPGs. I had literally no interaction with any form of CRPGs up until this point, but I was always envious of people that grew up with Baldur's Gate and the likes. I always knew I'd like them, and if Divinity: Original Sin is anything like them then I know I've hypothetically-retrospectively imagined that I liked them too. I like that most of the introduction to the game is wandering around attempting to solve a murder in a quiet little town rather than just dumping you into a crap load of fights. Let's hope I continue to like it.

I had a lot of fun with this game overall, but I found the end game pretty terrible... I couldn't even be bothered with the final battle after a few attempts. I think that while its freedom to interact with whatever you like is one of its greatest strengths, it was also one of its greatest flaws too. Even though I appreciated the ability to handle quests how I saw fit, there were several times where I had missed something important (and in one very annoying case several somethings important), leading to hours of aimless wandering around and backtracking (the low point was going to a level 6-7 area with my level 19 squad). I'm not sure how I would improve it, but maybe there could have been a bit more gating of the content to stop some of this. 

Given that I enjoyed a good 80+ hours I think it was good value, and am happy to have played it, just a bit resentful of the last hours. Having said that, it could have been substantially shortened without losing a great deal.

They are also doing an enhanced edition for pc, which will be free for people who already bought it. They say they have substantially altered the end game, which is great news because that was pretty terrible even though the rest of the game was excellent.

Yeah I kept meaning to grab Lu and get back on board with this, but now I guess I'll wait on the Enhanced Edition. They're doing a lot of stuff for it that looks pretty cool.

I know people say this kind of thing a lot and it ends up being fine but wow I can't even imagine how I'd play this game with just a controller??

I mean I can but man they're gonna really have to redesign the all of it.

This (the Enhanced Edition announcement) is excellent. I had this on the backburner for a while, but now I can wait until the game goes through the polisher. Kudos to Larian for putting the game through a final pass in prep for consoles and passing on the savings to the PC crowd.