Sign in to follow this  
tegan

Wake Me Up Before You IndieGoGo: A Crowdfunding Thread

Conversely, Dragons Den sounds like it'd be a lot cooler than it actually is.

$48 level for the hat? are you kidding me?  most licensed sports hats arent even over $30, only when you get a special event (play offs etc.) does it go up

who would donate at a lower tier and get a silly tshirt (apparently only a few people)

looks so dumb, but i'd bite at a $20 price point, probably couldnt drive with it in

Heh, the Kickstarter I most regret backing is going back for a second round of funding.

Good luck to them; they'd better hope they've got a pitch that explains how they spent two years of other people's money working out that they don't know how to make video games in 2015.

Heh, the Kickstarter I most regret backing is going back for a second round of funding.

Good luck to them; they'd better hope they've got a pitch that explains how they spent two years of other people's money working out that they don't know how to make video games in 2015.

Which one? I've got a couple I regret backing, but I knew the risk, so I'm not like fussed about it. But I definitely wouldn't back them again.

It was Hero-U by Lori and Corey Cole.

Oh what. I backed that one too haha. I must've missed the Kickstarter post that said they were making a new one.

Oh boy!

Hmm, Kickstarters I regret?

I regret backing Amplitude, because it was mainly on the back of Giant Bomb nostalgia and John Drake, who left for Sony shortly after the Kickstarter ended. I wish Harmonix the best, and I hope that the Rockband rumors that have been circulating are true, but I have no attachment to Amplitude at all.

There's Novus AEterno, which I guess I always knew was going to be a mess, but had even less content than I expected. I haven't logged in recently, maybe it's decent now?

Shadowrun Online is looking to be a disaster at this point, and it's also the game I've pledged the second most to in my history. To be fair, I haven't actually played it, just heard the buzz. Maybe I should try it out this weekend.

There's a few others that don't look like they're going to be successful or just don't interest me anymore, but I put low enough amount of cash in that I'm not terribly troubled.

Hmm, Kickstarters I regret?

I regret backing Amplitude, because it was mainly on the back of Giant Bomb nostalgia and John Drake, who left for Sony shortly after the Kickstarter ended. I wish Harmonix the best, and I hope that the Rockband rumors that have been circulating are true, but I have no attachment to Amplitude at all.

I'm really looking forward to the Amplitude remake. Whilst I have no personal attachment to Amplitude, I was gutted that I never got to play the original on the PS2, and I generally love everything Harmonix has done. From the backer vids they've shown, it looks really nice, and I'm excited to play it. I would love to see a Rock Band 4 though, but I don't know if the world is ready for another dirge of plastic peripherals.

As for the Kickstarter I regretted backing, I backed the Yogventures kickstarter for too much money, and then as soon as it was over I lost interest in Minecraft and therefore Yogscast, and as soon as the updates dried up, I realised I'd wasted my money, and served as a constant reminder of what could happen whenever I look at kickstarters.

The most I've invested in a kickstarter was $210 for Little Witch Academia 2. God I want to watch that anime so bad. 

I think we have a new frontrunner in the Why Did I Ever Think This Was A Good Idea contest - I think a lot of us could tell from the start that Yogventures wasn't going to end well.

Woah!  There's a new Toejam and Earl game being Kickstarted!

I only ever played the first one on the Genesis, but man I loved it.  Probably my favorite Genesis game of all time. 

Everyone I showed it to thought it looked ugly but I actually like the cardboard cutout on a 3D landscape style. It also looks really early so hopefully they'll improve on it even more.

There's a promising looking game  tentatively called "Icy" on Indiegogo. The game is nearly complete with an estimated release of June, but the developers have a modest funding goal Indiegogo campaign to help with polishing:  A $6 pledge gets you a digital copy of the game.   Icy is a dialogue-heavy adventure CRPG (PC/Mac/Linux) in a post-apocalyptic setting where the world is experiencing a new Ice Age.  The game play will involve a lot of tough moral choices and a strong emphasis on the survival aspect; e.g., your party must hunt for food, scavenge for supplies, and deal with the likes of hungry beasts and cannibals.   There's some really nice artwork as well.  

Whether or not you back it, you can also help by voting for the game on Steam Greenlight and GOG wishlist.

That Pug's Life kickstarter got cancelled.

Meanwhile, Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk's IndieGoGo campaign for a sitcom about a washed-up sci-fi actor on the convention circuit is doing really well.

Awesome, I love Tudyk. Does it say anywhere on there how the show will eventually be released? I see that they have a Vimeo on Demand thing for the backers that lasts for 90 days, but where would you go to actually buy it?

It lasts 90 days after release, backers will get it beforehand as well. I have no idea where it will be available to buy, though. I assumed Vimeo, is that not a thing they do?

i have never used them for that service, but it might be *shrug* I can't check at work unfortunately.

Some rad webcomics people are kickstarting The Beyond Anthology, a collection of queer scifi/fantasy comics.  It is already well past funded, but there's still 26 days to board that train:

Beyond is an anthology of queer sci-fi and fantasy comics.  Featuring 18 stories by 26 contributors, Beyond is a 250+ page, black and white, queer comic anthology, full of swashbuckling space pirates, dragon slayers, death-defying astronauts, and monster royalty.  Each story celebrates and showcases unquestionably queer characters as they explore the galaxy, mix magic, have renegade adventures, and save the day!

eff2b56bbaafa7af64a56d4931005aa1_origina

The Beyond Anthology was born from a desire to see stories inspired by people like us (queer people with diverse genders and sexualities) slaying dragons, piloting spaceships, getting into trouble, and saving the day—without having to read for their queerness from between the lines.  We wanted to see beautiful, heartwarming, and adventurous stories that reflect and celebrate the many facets of gender and sexuality, without having to worry that their queerness would cast them as a villain, a pariah, or turn them into a cautionary tale.