Sign in to follow this  
tegan

Wake Me Up Before You IndieGoGo: A Crowdfunding Thread

Remember when he tried to release his own handheld console? And then completely removed all mention of it from all of his net activity? That was just the best.

... What the fuck did I just watch. What is bob's game? I have never heard of it. It sounds like there's some hilarious back story to this. It looks like it's reached it's goal. whoo?

tegan I saw that recently too and was similarly mindblown. How is that even still a thing? Bob is an insane human being. I really want to play bob's game. I am completely serious about that. I'm convinced it will be a complete trainwreck if it is ever actually released, but also it's pretty fucking fascinating.

I will buy this if it is ever released.  Because I will be compelled to.

Also, he totally just wants the money so he can buy a van to live in:

So, I am asking for a small amount of money in order to get a new laptop and to build a "hack van," a cargo van or shuttle van fitted with solar panels, extra batteries, and a bed and workstation inside.  It is extremely sustainable, and turns out to be a pretty common practice in Silicon Valley!  This way I can continue working on and releasing updates for my game for the foreseeable future, without having to worry about bills or a place to live.

uber is at it again.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/659943965/human-resources-an-apocalyptic-rts-game

The video and concept looks great (much like PA).  But seemingly the community consensus is that they didnt fully finish the first product and 1.4mil is a lot of dollars for another RTS that could come out partially finished again

This game would be great with a half-dozen or so old-gods/apocalypse factions and 1.4 for the initial two...and not a planned third till tier-4 stretch goal.  

I saw the announcement for that and was immediately stoked, then I realized it the PA guys and my interest plummeted. 

I saw the announcement for that and was immediately stoked, then I realized it the PA guys and my interest plummeted. 

I, sadly, had the same reaction. I was then extremely disappointed that I felt that way. God how I wish PA had turned out GOOD. I mean, granted, I royally suck at RTS so I'm not a great judge and who knows I might enjoy it anyway, but the general negativity around it...

And this one looks/sounds so much cooler? Maybe? Hopefully the smaller scale (at least in terms of game WORLD) will make it an easier game to manage? I have a feeling slamming planets together is too big a scope to handle for a Kickstarter game, at least, with the kind of game they made.

---

In other news: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dejobaan/elegy-for-a-dead-world-a-game-about-writing-fictio

New Dejobaan game. Sounds kind of super rad. It employs the user to write fiction. Weird? Yeah. Dejobaan!

i cant tell if the scale here is even that much smaller.  there was a point in the video where the XL Robot did a "laser slice" of seemingly a floating city block. Then the plate started to separate, could just treat that as one "platform" of the overall "world" as you put it

i hope this gets funded for a neat concept, but i will not be contributing just yet

I'm secretly pleased that this thread is back on track, because this is seriously the proudest I've ever been of a thread title.

Out of the 17 various items I've backed, I only recieved 4 of them so far. Thankfully, most of the others seem to be pretty on track. The only one I really worry about is Shadowrun Online, which I backed at a fairly high level and, while updates haven't stopped, it seems like it's kinda dying on the vine much like Spacebase DF-9.

Edit: I doubt I will ever recieve Star Command for PC either, but that was only $10 and I made my piece with that a long time ago.

Posting this here and in the manga thread:

Digital Manga Publishing is currently organizing a Kickstarter to publish 31 of Osamu Tezuka's best untranslated work (Three-Eyed One, Rainbow Parakeet, Alabaster, Wonder 3, Birdman Anthology, and Vampires), all by next year. Their previous English translations of Tezuka's work -Barbara, Triton of the Sea, Atomcat, and Unico- have been consistently excellent and an extremely valuable effort in bringing some of Tezuka's often overlooked work to English audiences for the first time. They're asking for $380,000 for the first two series, with stretch goals of $475,000 and $589,000 for each additional two series. It seems like a lot, but I cannot stress enough how worthwhile this project is.

Perhaps a faux pas, but figure this is at applicable to the crowd-funding thread as the funny YouTube one:

WorkHarder: A Non-Funding Online Platform for Creative Projects

That'll go perfect then with the suitsy.

The Suitsy is a jacket connected to a shirt connected to pants — like the lovechild of a business suit and a onesie! False shirt-cuff material extends from the end of the jacket sleeves to give the impression of a complete dress shirt worn underneath. A zipper is hidden behind the shirt-button placket (with false buttons).

Let's change the world, one better-looking, more leisurely gentleman at a time.

xthe_suitsy__business_suit_onesie_hybrid