Jake

Idle Thumbs 165: KeLo. Is. Here.

That was incredible. I love bobbing laughter heads. 

(Also, and I know that this is an obnoxious question always posed to people who make things like this, but what software did you use to make this?)

Thanks! It's all done in After Effects with a ton of the "Motion Sketch" tool. Only 3rd party plugin I used is Trapcode Particular (for the condoms flying out of the Olympic village)

Only 3rd party plugin I used is Trapcode Particular (for the condoms flying out of the Olympic village)

This is probably the first and last time Particular will ever be used for such a purpose. :D

Also, congrats on the video. I always enjoy seeing these.

Oh boy that was great. Thank you.

You should email the people who make Trapcode Particular and thank them for making a tool that allowed you to make condoms fly out of the Olympic Village, and tell us what they say. Just that line. No context.

You should email the people who make Trapcode Particular and thank them for making a tool that allowed you to make condoms fly out of the Olympic Village, and tell us what they say. Just that line. No context.

Based on the little I know about the guys at Red Giant, I think they'd probably be cool about it.

Really impressive vid, kickinthehead! But it didn't incorporate my cunnilingus joke, so two thumbs down.

This was the best episode I've heard in a long time. Danielle is such a great addition to the cast and the chemistry between everyone in this episode was absolutely stellar. I also never would have thought that dog euthanasia was an acceptable topic to joke about but I have been proven wrong. That was some great stuff.

I also never would have thought that dog euthanasia was an acceptable topic to joke about but I have been proven wrong.

That part could have used a trigger warning for people who have recently had to euthanize pets.

(Not really; that would be ludicrous. But I didn't enjoy that part very much.)

This episode was nothing short of amazing. I think the Thumbs have finally persuaded me to get a Wii U, all it needs is a 2D Metroid game... I wonder if there will be a price drop for the holidays this year.

The new genesis of Nintendo games is really fantastic. Though I wonder what kind of impact it would have if Nintendo chose to go with a new name for the console instead of tacking a "U" on the end. There is a ton of assumed knowledge out there about what a "Wii" console is, and I'm not sure the Wii U really fits much of that anymore. If Nintendo had gone the route of Sony and marketed it as "Nintendo for gamers" or "Nintendo getting back to our roots," I wonder if it would have made a bigger splash rather than being what seems to be an object of humility.

"The Nintendo Mario" seems like a real winner to me. Or maybe a set of consoles with identical hardware but different shells. The Nintendo Sonic. The Nintendo Luigi. The Nintendo Donkey. Now that's something I could get behind. A Nintendo Donkey.

Nintendo Donkey Bag

it comes with Donkey Cock Country or Donkey Balls

Dogs in video games!  I've been playing Shank in co-op the last couple of nights.  And it has dogs.  Shank does the thing where every single enemy is given a name above their health bar, like Big Jim or Ted.  The dogs have names too.  So now every time I kill one, I glance at the corner of the screen with their health bar to learn that I just killed a dog named "Whiskey" or "Banjo."  It's the personal touch that really makes some horrible. 

He should have randomly barged in and said "I know you guys are having fun but I'm still working"

And then Chris should have looped it at the end over the greasiest, skankiest bass line he could find. Which would be labeled in the annotated YouTube version as "(I know you guys are having fun but) I'm still working."

The new genesis of Nintendo games

Sheesh. You SEGA fanboys just can't ever let it go, can you?