Jake

Idle Thumbs 165: KeLo. Is. Here.

Chris: "We don't have to talk about Dirk Gently."

Me: NOOOOOOOOOO!  Seriously, I would have loved to hear you all talk about Dirk Gently. 

Hitchhiker's is great and is more overall original, but I've always preferred Dirk Gently. It just makes me laugh so much harder. I wish Douglas Adams had managed to finish the third book before he died. (Well, really I wish he hadn't died at all, but if he was gonna..)

I guess it's an appropriate time to post this:

http://Video game.cool/

I meant to slap together a totally radical 90's mock-up of the Thumbs site, but eh I've put it off for weeks now and I haven't made a website in years. So I'll just settle with the redirect.

*The Nintendo Direct opens on Satoru Iwata's face, which slowly morphs into that of a familiar bald visionary (Not J Allard)*

"Hi, I'm Clint Hocking. Formerly of Ubisoft, more recently of Valve, and most recently of Amazon, and I'm here to announce my partnership with Nintendo to make Far Cry 2-2 exclusively for the Wii U."

I wish I could make the logo better, but I've already put far too much time into this as it is. Props to SecretAsianMan for the idea.

PBEUA8Y.png

This thread has all the worst things in it. It is an amazing collection.

God this is such a good episode.

It feels like Nick Breckon was in the process of losing his mind ever since people started attaching an expletive to the front of his name, but I'm pretty sure at some point (possibly in the Idle Thumbs hiatus period) he actually did lose his mind, and now we just get to enjoy Breckon's weird ass psyche.

It was always there but we were blind to it.

He used to be John Q. Video Games! He always seemed like such a nice boy...

Point 2 - Thank you! Seriously, I've been overcome by how welcoming and friendly the Idle Thumbs community has been. It's like I'm not even on the internet right now!

This is without a doubt the best gaming forum/community I've ever been around.  The only thing that was close has been the Joystiq Podcast Appreciation Group on Facebook back when it was still active. 

I wish I could make the logo better, but I've already put far too much time into this as it is. Props to SecretAsianMan for the idea.

PBEUA8Y.png

Quoted for new page.

Best

Worst. But in the best way. Well done!

Imagine: Creepy Video Game Babyz 3D.

Just like one of those old Dogz/Catz/Petz games! Only with a baby instead of a terrifying animal made of furry balls.

Oh my god it has a story.

"Your advisor, a talking stork, helps you along the way by defining the different signals the baby makes."

I think I need to lie down, this is too much for me.

Who would have thought, after all these years, that Chris would actually make the most convincing baby?

Is tegan making a thread epic?

No              > Yes

"Islam is the light!" - Chris Remo, video game baby

Oh my god it has a story.

"Your advisor, a talking stork, helps you along the way by defining the different signals the baby makes."

I think I need to lie down, this is too much for me.

"You can also play several minigames including vacuuming, pushing the babies in their swings, and trimming the hedges. Babysitting also can earn you money which you can then spend on toys, paint, etc."

PBEUA8Y.png

Oh man, I had to update http://naturedipes.com, I hope you don't mind.