Jake

Idle Thumbs 165: KeLo. Is. Here.

Also, really excited since not only is it great to have her opinions and another perspective (lady/journalist/lady journalist) but a completely different voice is pleasant.

Also nice to have somebody who plays games on the podcast.  That's been missed.

You guys should look into the Xenoblade game thats coming out for for the WiiU if you don't have any games to look forward to besides the main Nintendo ones!

That KeLo dream message...I laughed so hard. The words you understand, even how they relate to each other, yet the message makes no sense, except in a dream kind of way. So perfect. Nick shares some of the best anecdotes when he's on the 'cast.

I think I may be one of the few people who purchased a wiiu after E3, but for Bayonetta 2, which is not a Nintendo game. I don't expect much discussion of it on the cast though, I don't think anyone on it is into that kind of action game. I am quite enjoying mario kart and windwaker though, for sure.

I think I may be one of the few people who purchased a wiiu after E3, but for Bayonetta 2, which is not a Nintendo game. I don't expect much discussion of it on the cast though, I don't think anyone on it is into that kind of action game. I am quite enjoying mario kart and windwaker though, for sure.

Have you ever played Monster Hunter before? If you haven't, I HIGHLY suggest it. Iirc it's only ~$25 for at least 300 hours of content.

I wonder if there were dice on the mirror or what the license plate said............

I appreciate this, and you, Jake.

I also appreciate Junior Mints' unofficial official on-cast welcome to the cast! It is great to hear you and knowing there's more Minty freshness in the future.

I also also appreciate Nick, Nick being around making 5 cast members, and Nick's crazy neuroses in general and particular.

I can't wait for episode 187, in which a sobbing Nick reveals that he bought every amiibo figure.

I can't wait for episode 187, in which a sobbing Nick reveals that he bought every amiibo figure.

So that then you can post images of how people managed to turn them into sex toys?

Chris: "We don't have to talk about Dirk Gently."

Me: NOOOOOOOOOO!  Seriously, I would have loved to hear you all talk about Dirk Gently. 

That was a great cast!

Nick's WiiU purchasing anecdote was so vivid. Through empathizing with Nick's guilt / current joy / anticipated future disappointment I actually felt a little bummed out for a minute.  :violin: Reminded me of similar scenarios when I was a kid.

Same here, but also include LGBT in that tag cloud.

The discussion of Sonic the Hedgehog erotica delighted me, because I have a tremendous appreciation for terrible/bewildering fanart, and Sonic fan creations never fail to disappoint (see also: The Lion King, King of the Hill, My Little Pony). I think the single best (worst) thing I've ever discovered on the internet was this Sally Acorn love doll with a hand-carved anatomically correct human skeleton inside of it.

tkUbJ.jpg

P5v3s.jpg

EDIT: spoiler taggin' that NSFW shit

ehh, I'd be down to fuck it; it'd be an experience.

#yolo #humanitarian penis #dgaf

Nick's story about buying the WiiU had me laughing so hard. Too good.

By coincidence, I was over at a friend's place last night and he had just bought a WiiIU that afternoon. We played Mario Kart, and of course it was a ton of fun, but also like I can understand Nick's reservations in the back of his head because I was thinking about if I would feel good about owning a WiiU if I had bought one, and I wasn't sure about the answer...

I shouldn't be

, but I kind of am.  Hopefully it's painfully obvious you don't want to click those at work, unless you have brony coworkers.

This makes me wonder how the crazy uncanny dissonance of cartooniness can work for people... unless it's part of the point!?

I was also both happy and disappointed with the extremely brief Dirk Gently cameo.

That was a great 'cast!  The pain in Nick's voice as he describes his excitement and desire is just incredible.  I fucking torture myself before treating myself with any new toy that is primarily for me, so I sympathize.  I have no problems splurging on my wife or kid, but I am wracked by guilt treating myself.

Not to beat a dead horse dog, but apparently airport security = great show topic while Dirk Gently = Off the table.  Grumblegrumblegrumble.

Speaking of dogs, I am right with Chris on this.  Fuck dogs in video games.  They are almost never fun or interesting to fight, just annoying as piss.  I've been playing Transistor the last few days, and the robot dogs are the most annoying enemies so far.  They are the only enemy you can't outrun or dodge while waiting on your turn cooldown.  They have an obnoxious amount of hitpoints for their size.  Now they can cloak and you can't attack them while they are cloaked.  Each enemy type feels like it really fulfills a particular role in that game, and the dog's role is Annoying Asshole. 

This show really felt like it was full of a delightful level of immaturity.  Sonic slash fiction.  Danielle's casual, "I have a short wiener...story." 

I feel a bit like a broken record, but seriously, Danielle is awesome and I'm glad she's officially a host.  I'm not sure I remembered to congratulate her last week.  So congrats! 

Not to beat a dead horse dog, but apparently airport security = great show topic while Dirk Gently = Off the table.  Grumblegrumblegrumble.

I feel a bit like a broken record, but seriously, Danielle is awesome and I'm glad she's officially a host.  I'm not sure I remembered to congratulate her last week.  So congrats! 

Point 1 - hey, I tried!

Point 2 - Thank you! Seriously, I've been overcome by how welcoming and friendly the Idle Thumbs community has been. It's like I'm not even on the internet right now!

Have you ever played Monster Hunter before? If you haven't, I HIGHLY suggest it. Iirc it's only ~$25 for at least 300 hours of content.

I haven't. That's one of those games that I think I would probably enjoy, were I to try it, but I have no inclination to do so.

you can't see it, but it reroutes you to naturediaps.com before instantly routing you to idlethumbs.net. (Don't worry I got this)

RE: Dirk Gently conversation, there is some on the Book Club summer reads podcast! Jake read it and talked about it!

shouldn't it be naturediaps.com though?

I've seen it spelled both ways, so I went with my heart.