Jake

Idle Thumbs 165: KeLo. Is. Here.

Wait, this episode had no Kojima discussion at all.

So much lies :( :( :(

Actually if you look at the meta-data (album, track #, etc) it says HIDEO.

I'm listening to the email read again and it's so fascinating. I love how lawyer-driven the questions are, over sponsorship. I've been getting increasingly hostile toward corporatism and it's so bizarre how strong the barrier is toward product endorsement. I just hate it all. Gah. Anyway.

The most awkward questions though were like the ones about hispanic / black demographics. I can understand in specific contexts where that sort of data can be important, but when it's coming from a marketing angle it just puts me off. I'm not a parent but now aligned against Pampers brand products. Long live Nature Diaps.

Oh and, i also bought a Wii U on Monday in a tale not too dissimilar to Nick's

I started by adding 'Mario Kart' to our weekly grocery shopping list to test the water on Sunday to which my girlfriend had no objections :tup: (although at this point she didn't realise it meant buying a whole new console) but our local supermarket doesn't stock anything Nintendo.

Then i hit the shops Monday lunch time. First shop: no Mario kart bundles, second shop: no Wii U consoles at all, third shop: no electronics department, fourth shop: the Nintendo plinth was utterly bare apart from a singular 3DS carry pouch. I tried one last shop on my way home after work and they had it. BOOM! Then i went home and spent an hour updating the Gamepad and console firmware, it was delicious!

You can be my Nintendo friend: Mington

Disclaimer: i will beat your top scores

Now im going to venture out this lunch time to blow almost £60 on a wiimote and nunchuck so i can play skyward sword (does anybody actually like that game?)

Ghosts 'n Goblins was the first game in the series, released in 1985, with Ghouls 'n' Ghosts coming out in 1988; both were originally arcade games, but got ported to just about every platform that existed in the latter half of the 80s. Weirdly, on 16-bit computers (Amiga and Atari ST), Ghouls 'n Ghosts was released first, in 1989, with a port of Ghosts 'n Goblins coming out a year later in 1990. This confused the hell out of me as a kid, because it made me assume that Ghosts 'n Goblins was the sequel, and I wondered why it was shonkier and more limited. Anyway, the Genesis had a pretty faithful port of Ghouls 'n Ghosts, and the SNES got Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts, which is basically a sequel to the arcade game.

Good to have Danielle as a more permanent fixture on the cast!

Quick search of 2d dark souls found this Wayward Souls

review

iphone game... yuk. With the popularity of dark souls there must be a ton of games like this in development

Hmm.. apart from the name I don't think there's anything similar to the two games. Wayward Souls is more like Rogue Legacy, I think.

I played a little of it, and it was quite neat.

I'm super glad that Jake has fully embraced the mantle of Nintendo chest beater.

In recent years, I've found American gaming personalities to be apologetic if ever they enjoy something from Nintendo; a lot of damning with faint praise as though liking it is grounds for humiliation. All it needs is Nick to jerry rig a way out of his hole using the Wii Vitality Sensor into the light and, next thing you know, Chris will be looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.

I'm sad that Danielle never mentions Captain Toad, not even in the ABCDE3 where it would've been perfect to fill in the C!

I mean, it's Captain Toad in his own game! What's not to be excited about?! :crazy:

KeLo sounds like the name of an incidental Achewood character. Someone who would be on Ray's record label. 

I kept waiting for Nick's Wii U story to get to a point where his girlfriend had actually bought him a Wii U as a gift and was trying to keep him from buying one himself. That seems like the most Breckonic possible ending to that story.

You can be my Nintendo friend: Mington

Me too: UnitNumberFive

I remember the Thumbs talking about some shareholder Q&A thing.. was it EA's? Wherein a lot of stupid questions were asked.

Here's the latest Nintendo shareholder Q&A, which includes nothing but stupid questions.

"Can I get free games?" "Could you make it so the 3DS screen can be manually adjusted in size?" "So.. tell us more about that new Zelda!" "Why are there meeting note slides at the beginning instead of pretty pictures?"

EDIT: Here's a harsh one!

I do not understand video games and I even feel angry because, at Nintendo’s shareholders’ meetings, the shareholders always discuss things relating to video games or such childish topics as “what the future of video games should be,”

Obviously it has nothing to do with Giant Bomb adding cast members but I like to think Idle Thumbs officially announced Danielle as a full time cast member to keep up the arms race with GB.

Also, really excited since not only is it great to have her opinions and another perspective (lady/journalist/lady journalist) but a completely different voice is pleasant.

If Dwarf Fortress hasn't already implemented the ability to urinate into a rag to mitigate poison gas damage, Valiant Hearts has now thrown down the gauntlet.

Also, really excited since not only is it great to have her opinions and another perspective (lady/journalist/lady journalist) but a completely different voice is pleasant.

Same here, but also include LGBT in that tag cloud.

The discussion of Sonic the Hedgehog erotica delighted me, because I have a tremendous appreciation for terrible/bewildering fanart, and Sonic fan creations never fail to disappoint (see also: The Lion King, King of the Hill, My Little Pony). I think the single best (worst) thing I've ever discovered on the internet was this Sally Acorn love doll with a hand-carved anatomically correct human skeleton inside of it.

tkUbJ.jpg

P5v3s.jpg

EDIT: spoiler taggin' that NSFW shit

Nick's KeLo message got me thinking how dreams seem to have sometimes sort of prop information, where the actual details and content is not so important, just the tone. Your mind wants to create a situation where you give or receive certain kind of information but doesn't have the time or experiences to fully create it.

One example of this was a dream where I was really proud of a joke I told to some people, but when I woke up and still exactly remembered the words - they barely made any sense at all and definitely were not funny... The dream was about me in a certain kind of social situation not about the actual joke. But it's great how I had to actually have some words posing as a joke so that the illusion would feel real to me.

And a total sidenote: I was listening to this episode on iTunes in the background, but then had a Winamp open with a Gang Starr song paused and the only thing visible from the title for a second was: 'Three Men and a Lady Remix' - so momentarily I thought the episode title was exceptionally sassy.

tegan

holy shit

what the fuck

tegan

holy shit

what the fuck

Hey, I could have posted the My Little Pony life-sized sex doll with realistic slapping noises, but I wanted to stay on topic.

yeah i suppose you could have

Hey, I could have posted the My Little Pony life-sized sex doll with realistic slapping noises, but I wanted to stay on topic.

I shouldn't be

, but I kind of am.  Hopefully it's painfully obvious you don't want to click those at work, unless you have brony coworkers.