tegan

I Had a Random Thought (About Video Games)

It knows it wants to be awesome, and so it is!

This is really making me want to jump back into the BL playthrough on PC I started a few months ago. 

For anyone who was able to try it out on that short window when it had an online community (or stragglers in my case), I bet the mechanics seemed much more fully formed. I remember playing multiplayer for the trophies there was a lot more to it than I had ever considered in the main game and I tried a few of the factions (I think I wrote a lot about it in whatever Brutal Legend thread is around here somewhere). It really just made me appreciate the game more, but it's a shame none of that really shines through in the main campaign.

Mostly what I didn't like was having to traverse the game world while continuously glancing back at a map on my PC collecting random shit. There needed to be some kind of "detector" or way to home in on stuff. I realize there was a DLC that added a tool to help you find this stuff, but it only worked after beating the game, which is when you'd never need any of the upgrades they give you.

Tron 2.0 ... yeah... loved that game. Finished it multiple times. Quite underrated. First of all, it fits the world of Tron much better than the 2nd movie and animation series. As an FPS is also quite nice, has some great back story stuff going on.

Steam blurb:

Over 35 levels of challenging gameplay -- Race at the speed of light, fight off computer Viruses and engage in violent digital combat.

:spiraldy:

Rodney Greenblat of Parappa the Rapper fame explains some important canon.

DVOgq2A.png

Junji Ito is doing a collaboration with Pokémon. Words fail me.

"Pikachu, I choose you!"

*throws pokeball

ball opens

nothing happens

slow pan around to reveal inside of ball, shrouded in darkness

slow zoom toward opened ball

something inside moves

"its slowly coming this way!"

a sound can be heard

drr... drr... drr...

That teaser image is actually creepier if you're familiar with the canon. The Pokémon standing behind the girl is Banette, which is a discarded doll reanimated by intense feelings of vengeance against the child who discarded it. It prowls back alleys and garbage dumps seeking its former owner.

Or a Shuppet evolves into it once it reaches level 37, you know, whichever is more likely.

So I guess The Pokemon Company's decided they're done with delighting generations of children and want to branch out into traumatising them

Found out I kept dieing in Dragon Age: Origins because I hadn't been equipping my characters at all.

So naturally I downloaded a mod to automatically win any fight so I can skip through all the combat easily. Mods fix everything.

I discovered that steam lets you create categories for your game library now. And it's kind of cool, to me at least, that it doesn't let you use existing genre associations, but requires you actually write a name for each category. It was a nice thought experiment arranging some of my 300+ games. There are still over 30 games without a category -- either I haven't played them enough (at all) or they would basically be the only game in a genre, which I'd rather avoid as well. Like, what's a genre for Poker Night? Poker? Sim? Roguelike?

you can assign multiple categories, so they it could be all three if you wanted.

I have Favourites at the top followed by "Beaten," "Now Playing," "Unplayed," "Simulators," "Other," and one just for the Wallace and Gromit episodes I bought on GOG.

I wish it'd let you drag and drop games into categories. RMB -> set category is so inefficient.

Yeah I used the categories just to mark my interest in playing them from "need to start on this" to "maybe I'll get to these" and ending with "I regret this purchase".

Junji Ito is doing a collaboration with Pokémon. Words fail me.

Welp.

BQzdwVu.jpg

Well that's fucking cool.  I never played it, was always on my PS3 shortlist, just never got around to picking it up.