tegan

I Had a Random Thought (About Video Games)

That was meant to say cock fighting slaves.

I think my phone is trying to gaslight me with autocorrect and other minor technical grievances.

Pokémon are weird no matter how you look at it.  Arceus is their version of God, supposedly having created the universe.  Naturally, since it's a Pokémon, you can catch it and confine it to a small ball.

Has anyone ever modded a Pokémon game to just make it dog fighting in the grossest way?

Also, a reskinning of all the Pokémon as various gods from throughout history would be amazing.  I might actually play that.  Especially if I could breed gods together to make more powerful gods. 

Has anyone ever modded a Pokémon game to just make it dog fighting in the grossest way?

PETA maybe?  I know they have at least 2 Pokémon parody games.

There is a good Game Theory video on how people are probably actually Pokemon in the context of the Pokemon universe -

Also, a reskinning of all the Pokémon as various gods from throughout history would be amazing.  I might actually play that.  Especially if I could breed gods together to make more powerful gods. 

Shin Megami Tensei.

Oh! You should get a shiny eevee family!

shiny_umbreon__434421.png

badass.

shiny_sylveon_global_link_art_by_trainer

blueass.

But the best Eeveelution has the worst shiny...

NROO1zs.png

I'm sure they do, I only managed to played one for about 2 minutes before I couldn't stand it anymore.

I somehow managed to finish both of them.

(Spoiler warning: They didn't get any better after those first 2 minutes)

I think if people really thought about it, they'd see Pokémon as worse than regular animals because Pokémon are intelligent sentient creatures and people use them as tools, playthings and cook fighting slaves. Those all occur in real life but the first two are considered generally ok because animals don't think like humans do, however Pokémon totally do.

Isn't one of the premises of the Poke-verse that Pokemons can comprehend human language completely?

guys

they like fighting so it's okay

righT?

Have they added an actual kennel? Maybe an MMO would be a lot more soul crushing in it's portrayal of an industry that breeds them by the hundreds to produce one viable for sale. Maybe you could buy land for massive breeding pens and kennels.

Guys, I am well-aware that what I do is horrible. I just don't care.

Also, I accidentally bred three boxes of Venipede that I need to get rid of because I put the wrong parent in the daycare by mistake. Whoops.

oMXWYeY.jpg

I'll bet that god-pokemon is delicious.

Can you breed hundreds of mini gods? Can you be Molyneux?

Can you breed hundreds of mini gods? Can you be Molyneux?

Well, there are ones you can't breed (IIRC) and I would imagine the god Pokemon would be one of those.

There's a lot of really fucking weird shit lurking just under the surface in Pokémon, from things like the sometimes super disturbing Pokédex entries to that one book in Canalave library about how Pokémon bestiality used to totally be okay.

I hatched a shiny Venipede in only my second batch, but it had Swarm instead of Speed Boost. HERE WE GO AGAIN.

Some of the more disturbing ones I know of:

Yamask: These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life.
Cubone: Cubone pines for the mother it will never see again. Seeing a likeness of its mother in the full moon, it cries. The stains on the skull the Pokémon wears are made by the tears it sheds.
Drifloon: A Pokémon formed by the spirits of people and Pokémon. It loves damp, humid seasons.
Also Drifloon: These Pokémon are called the "Signpost for Wandering Spirits." Children holding them sometimes vanish.

Pokemon can be pretty dark. There's also a theory that in Red/Blue, you are the first generation after a war, your dad is dead and that your best friend is an orphan.

I queued up two boxes of Venipede eggs to hatch and the first one turned out to be a shiny with Speed Boost! Yaaaay!

Its Special Defense sucks and I still have to hatch all of these, but yaaaay nonetheless.

Purposefully not posting this in the TWD thread because it's not just an issue of the games, but an issue with Telltale. For fucking shame. Obvious spoilers for The Walking Dead Season 2, but to be honest, I'd say read this regardless, as this makes me legitimately hope people stop supporting Telltale. 

On Telltale Games’ Ableist Treatment of Sarah

The lack of professionalism and disgraceful treatment of not just a young person of color, but a disabled one at that is utterly disgusting and terrible The Walking Dead games have been about how individualism in moments of distress and chaos can lead people to dehumanize and isolate those we are closest with. This news, though, kinda confirms an assumption and fear I've had about about game narratives for a long time. When is a game crafted with hearts, minds, and souls of people, and when is it manufactured like a product, to simulate that it was made with hearts, minds, and souls? 

I don't even think an apology would suffice to me, as this leaves bare what seem to be Telltale's true intentions with this series. Vocal fan outcry seems to decide how they design and write their games. I have rarely used the word "hack", as I've always thought of it as a overblown, and often hilarious word to call people who do works of art in a manufactured, impersonal way for the benefit of fans. But this is one of the few moments where I'm calling Telltale as a bunch of hacks. 

And it's weird to me, because I'm considering on dropping my support of Idle Thumbs, knowing that it features two ex-Telltale employees and one Telltale employee that only still works there, but even wrote for one of the episodes. This is all around really shitty, and I am dead certain that by tomorrow, everyone will forget this. And that's fucked up.