tegan

I Had a Random Thought (About Video Games)

I feel you. The Dark Souls PC port is a goddamn embarrassment, to the point that Namco-Bandai could probably make unbelievably good money rereleasing an "HD version" that just included some of the graphical and interface features ported from Dark Souls 2. Whenever I get a friend into it, I just email them a .zip file with DSFix, DSCFix, and all that pre-configured, so they can drop it into their root directory and run the game no-fuss. Otherwise, half of them would probably not even get past the first menu.

Yeah, I feel bad that the efforts of the people in the forum thread but I just need to put DS to the side for a while before I feel like giving another crack at it. I normally wouldn't be so annoyed but I did lose literally hours of time to achieve nothing and my time hasn't been plentiful lately.

If you have DaS2, I'd suggest playing that first. It's a much smoother learning curve and will nicely prepare you for it's bigger, better, older brother. Also There's no prior knowledge needed of the previous series. Which is cool.

It's still not as good as DaS though.

A Vita with PS+ is an amazing, amazing thing. I've gotten so much out of the Vita with so little money put into it.

Well, apart from the monthly PS+ fee. Which I'm paying anyways, so I guess I'm getting a Vita sometime soon. It's also looking somewhat affordable.

Ugh Fuck. I accidentally purchased a game on the PS store that I can't really afford. Is there any way the PS Network store gives refunds or should I just be grateful payday's coming soon?

I've heard of people getting refunds although it's rare. If you call up Sony customer services and say your kid bought it you'll probably get away with it.

cL2NVYa.png

What?

VsO0Qhh.jpg

WHAT?

5uLHvU4.png

flOtoxC.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm never going to be able to unsee that now, and wonder what in the hell they really are under their monkey suits. 

Tin-foil hat time: Donkey Kong is really Waluigi.  He murdered the original Kong years ago and took his identify, because that was the only way he could ever star in a game. 

Took this pic today. No comment.

ZahGQkt.jpg

I know that this is a reference to "video games." but now I am inspired to take photos of game-displays at local stores and upload them here.

I know that this is a reference to "video games." but now I am inspired to take photos of game-displays at local stores and upload them here.

Well, it was more of how Colonial Marines is now sold next to games like Cabela, Nicktoons on 3DS, and a Tron Wii game. The idea that this hyper advertised, super hyped up AAA video game (that is very bad) now is displayed with those other games is very hilarious. "VIDEO GAMES" is the icing on the cake.

That Tron game just reminds me that for a movie franchise, Tron actually has two very good game adaptations (original arcade and Tron 2.0).  It's a world begging to be explored more in game form, and we'll probably never see another good game. 

I never finished 2.0 because I hit a progression halting bug, and wasn't interested in replaying 3/4s of the game.  I keep thinking I ought to track down a copy of it and see if it's as good as I remember it being. 

how come those cabella games always have the dude on the front being murdered by everything in the goddamn woods

it's like getting a glimpse through the eyes of an NRA member or something

It's kill or be killed. Just like real hunting.

Why do I find the shooting of animals for a virtual sport far more gross than shooting hundreds of people in a fictional war? 

I'd assume it's the same reason as to why people donate more money to animal charities than human ones right? Something to do with feeling sorry for a defenceless animal, even if that animal can rip you to shreds in a second with its claws/fangs? Or something. I don't really know myself.

I'm never going to be able to unsee that now, and wonder what in the hell they really are under their monkey suits. 

Tin-foil hat time: Donkey Kong is really Waluigi.  He murdered the original Kong years ago and took his identify, because that was the only way he could ever star in a game. 

So he has video fame? What a shame, for the young poet whose poem is now invalid and useless.

That Tron game just reminds me that for a movie franchise, Tron actually has two very good game adaptations (original arcade and Tron 2.0).  It's a world begging to be explored more in game form, and we'll probably never see another good game. 

I never finished 2.0 because I hit a progression halting bug, and wasn't interested in replaying 3/4s of the game.  I keep thinking I ought to track down a copy of it and see if it's as good as I remember it being. 

I played Tron 2.0 twice, I think. I really liked how they continued the Tron world. Moving between various systems with different (memory) limitations was quite nice. Tron 2.0 was a much better fit as a continuation of the movie than the second movie (or the TV series).

Hahaha, that looks fake but I feel like there's an equal chance it's real.

There is something consumeristically satisfying about just looking through all the used titles at a GameStop.

ELtq4ZV.jpg

OE4oNAO.jpg

3glgKJ0.jpg

I always enjoyed that. Wish prices at GS weren't so hideous though, Tales of Vesperia for $35 used? Really? At this point Gamestop is just window shopping for buying my used games from Gamefly, Amazon Warehouse Deals or eBay.

I always enjoyed that. Wish prices at GS weren't so hideous though, Tales of Vesperia for $35 used? Really? At this point Gamestop is just window shopping for buying my used games from Gamefly, Amazon Warehouse Deals or eBay.

Yup.

I forget that some of the tites exist because I just don't see their names around.

This is the latest leaked pokemon mega evolution. Whut.

That's a fake that's been going around since pre-X/Y days.

Dammit, just saw that reviews are popping up for Oddworld: New N Tasty, got all excited, and then discovered that it's a Playstation "exclusive" for an ambiguous amount of time. 

Dammit, just saw that reviews are popping up for Oddworld: New N Tasty, got all excited, and then discovered that it's a Playstation "exclusive" for an ambiguous amount of time. 

I have heard them say "not long" but who knows what that means. I'd wager about the same as "soon."

The days of owning games are coming to an end

I am so tired of articles like this. Why do people have such a strong tendency to boil everything in the world down to an either/or situation. Tablets are going to kill off desktop PCs, digital distribution will kill off physical media, eBooks will kill off actual books, etc. It's amazing that we live in a world chock full of things that coexist in harmony and yet people still insist that humanity is so united in its tastes and preferences that thing B will inevitably lead to the end of thing A.

It would be nice if articles like these could at least acknowledge the more likely possibility that both things will most likely continue to exist with one diminishing in popularity and one increasing in popularity. Especially in the case where there is a well reasoned argument for both things to exist.