tegan

I Had a Random Thought (About Video Games)

Oh man, in dollars it's worse:

1,544.7 hours on record / 35.3 hours last two weeks, This account is worth $6210.51. If all games were bought on sale, it would be $2290.66.

Is that in Pokemon X/Y? I think that's the worst of the series. Even worse than Sapphire and Ruby, and that was rubbish.

Team Flare is the worst. I really couldn't understand the main villan at all. I think I stopped shortly after.

Is that in Pokemon X/Y? I think that's the worst of the series. Even worse than Sapphire and Ruby, and that was rubbish.

Team Flare is the worst. I really couldn't understand the main villan at all. I think I stopped shortly after.

That screencap is from Black 2/White 2, but yes, X/Y's Team Flare was the worst.

I just spent 200 Club Nintendo coins on 3D Classics Kid Icarus. No matter how low I set my expectations, the combination of "3D Classics" and "Kid Icarus" still managed to be worse than expected. At least it's not Urban Champion.

2,302.5 hours on record / 30.9 hours last two weeks
This account is worth $6742.11. If all games were bought on sale, it would be $2254.33.

I'm worth moneys!! \o/

328.7 hours on record / 15.4 hours last two weeks
This account is worth $717.48. If all games were bought on sale, it would be $234.31.

Man, I feel like I have nothing compared to you guys.

0.0 hours on record / 0.0 hours last two weeks

This account is worth $19.98. If all games were bought on sale, it would be $12.48.

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

$20! SWEET! Where can I settle up?

eed2a8c7035e96faf3ee1ba28c7e2b3a.gif

1,122.8 hours on record / 17.3 hours last two weeks

This account is worth $959.38. If all games were bought on sale, it would be $342.81.

Games owned: 96.

Games not played: 36 (38%).

I only feel moderately terrrible

Games not played 250 (40%)

meh... quite some are duplicates I've already played on non-steam.

Giving video game swag for donating blood is probably the best (as in, doing actual good in the world) promotional vehicle I've ever seen for games. 

You're assuming that the blood is actually going to hospitals. You never know, this could just be the beginning of a controversial CE of The Evil Within.

We procedurally generated different enemies based on your DNA!

I'd play that.

At least I'm getting more hours for my entertainment dollar!

3,214.7 hours on record / 27.1 hours last two weeks

This account is worth $4579.22. If all games were bought on sale, it would be $1629.24.

Did Gearbox really have to name their game Battleborn? I feel like I'll get it eternally confused with Bloodborne in my brain.

The genius thing about the name is that you instantly, instantly understand it's going to be a LOMAtype.

Battleborn This Way

Battledragonborn

Battleborn Royale

Battleborney Towers

Ultima Online: Lord Battleborn's Revenge

BattlebornToads

I hope Gearbox renames its stat / player tracking platform SHiFT to Battle.borne.net just to satirize / annoy ActiBlizz (it's available to buy from hover.com/wizard)

Is it because his eyebrows are cat ears? Because his eyes are smaller versions of himself trapped in little circles? Because his nose is obviously detachable? Because he isn't looking at anyone or the camera, just sort of off into the distance? Maybe it's just because you know he eats everything placed in front of him, and here he is in front of two perfectly normal and innocent looking little girls that are getting a little too close to his mouth.

His eyes are pac-men too. His eye-brows are not only threatening, but they are almost more pac-men. What a strange fractal-creature.

Of all the weird hardware that Nintendo has made over the years (not counting consoles), I think the only one that has had any staying power is the rumble pak.

I didn't really consider that because joysticks existed but I guess one could make the argument that the N64 controller made it usable for consoles.  I think that was bound to happen regardless because of the emergence of 3D games while the rumble thing seemed like it was driven by nothing other than Nintendo wanting to do a weird thing.

Fair point. By that logic then, the birth of the NES is a super weird thing, as they originally started off as a hanafuda card company, which is something they still make today:

mariohanafuda.jpg

Edit: Although it could also be argued that games consoles would exist without Nintendo I guess.