I scare very easily, so I might skip anything too terrifying. Hausu is apparently pretty frightening?

Not really. It's pretty freaky, but it's pretty laughable as a horror. I guess you might get unnerved by the weirdness if you're super-delicate, but I'm surprised anyone described it as frightening. As Tegan said, it's pretty camp. I saw it at a pub screening organised by Jon "Log" Blyth, on a double-bill with Punisher: Warzone.

At first glance I thought you guys were talking about this House from 1986. I would agree that it's a campy movie, but it is something I'd be very surprised to find in the Criterion collection.

At first glance I thought you guys were talking about this House from 1986. I would agree that it's a campy movie, but it is something I'd be very surprised to find in the Criterion collection.

I got giddy with excitement for a moment when I thought that THAT House was in the Criterion Collection.  I couldn't wait to see the justification for its inclusion.

I scare very easily, so I might skip anything too terrifying. Hausu is apparently pretty frightening?

In terms of sheer terror, I would rank Hausu somewhere just below this:

Suddenly making silly jokes, Roderick? Trying to cover up the fact that you were TERRIFIED by that House On Haunted Hill clip?

Prepare yourself, Deleric, for your turn is swiftly coming up!

WILL we see another black-and-white feature?

WILL it be European, Asian or American?

WON'T it have hysterical people doing hysterical things again?

Let's get CRITE(I)R(T)I(IC)ON(AL) about it!!

Prepare yourself, Deleric, for your turn is swiftly coming up!

WILL we see another black-and-white feature?

WILL it be European, Asian or American?

WON'T it have hysterical people doing hysterical things again?

Let's get CRITE(I)R(T)I(IC)ON(AL) about it!!

Wait a second.... When I take out the parentheses:

CRITEIRTIICONAL

What sort of wizardry...

Deleric, I am on the edge of my seat.

Oh yikes, I'm on a three week holiday stint in Germany, I DON'T KNOW IF I'LL BE IN THE POSITION TO WATCH ANCIENT FILMS! I'll try, but I've got a lot to do, weirdly.

You're up, you're up, you're almost up, Gormanate! Start thinking on whether you'll take Con Air or The Rock! Or Rocky 5! Or The Scorpion King starring The Rock! Or The Rock That Shakes The Barley!

Hey, may I just ask whose turn it is to pick a movie. I didn't really keep up with this thread for the last moth, but would still love to contribute to it.

Right now it's Gormanate's pick. On page two of this topic there's a list and TychoCelchu will add you if you send him a salacious PM.

I propose that in the event that somebody misses their turn, that week defaults to Hausu.