Backadd

Idle Thumbs Animated

Hey guys, I have been working on and off on a short animated video (featuring our favorite podcast crew) for the past months and I though you guys might like it! Also, I'll probably make more videos in the future so if there's a particular moment from the podcast you would like to see animated feel free to tell me and I'll definitely take it into consideration.

Hope you like the video! :)

Very cool! Nicely edited and I like the lip sync. The only thing I'd like to see in any further ones is for the smiley face to not always be their default/lazy animation that they snap back to whenever not actively speaking.

Holy crap, that was cool! I've always wanted someone to start an Idle Thumbs animated series or w/e. God, I have so many Thumbs moments to be animated that I'm tempted to just PM you my many suggestions. But I will save you from that headache. :P

But yeah, awesome job! I do agree with Ben tho. Having their mouths snap back to default happy face or lazy face is really weird. Despite that, everything is perfect. 

Very cool! Nicely edited and I like the lip sync. The only thing I'd like to see in any further ones is for the smiley face to not always be their default/lazy animation that they snap back to whenever not actively speaking.

Thanks! I'll try to figure something out to get the default mouth to feel better!

Holy crap, that was cool! I've always wanted someone to start an Idle Thumbs animated series or w/e. God, I have so many Thumbs moments to be animated that I'm tempted to just PM you my many suggestions. But I will save you from that headache. :P

But yeah, awesome job! I do agree with Ben tho. Having their mouths snap back to default happy face or lazy face is really weird. Despite that, everything is perfect. 

Thanks, and feel free to PM me any suggestions, I have a couple of ideas for the next episode but there's definitely a bunch of classic idle thumbs moments that have slipped my mind. :)

God. All of this is wonderful.

Thanks! :D

Those Rick and Morty mouths are really doin' it for me.

Haha, yeah the mouths are totally Rick and Morty inspired!

Awesome work! :tup:

I can't remember if someone already illustrated the Sean vs. Bobby Kotick parachute moment of

but it seems suitably graphic and bizarre for this type of treatment. 

Last night I was listening to episode 37, "You Gotta Have Spice," and realized that episode probably has the highest concentration of classic Thumbs moments for me:

• Sean's auto-tuned "baboo"
  • the guy at the EA investor's meeting looking for a picture of Michael Jordan at a 386
  • "I'm Nick Breckon." "And I'm Nick Breckon."
  • the Suckbox 360 aka DVD Heater (aka Crapbox 360)
  • Nick's story about building an entirely tool-based society in Dawn of Discovery

Was Nick actually on this episode of the podcast or did he just get animated in? If it's the latter--good.

I've watched this video five times in a row now.

Awesome work! :tup:

I can't remember if someone already illustrated the Sean vs. Bobby Kotick parachute moment of

but it seems suitably graphic and bizarre for this type of treatment. 

That's perfect for a episode, might be the next one!

Last night I was listening to episode 37, "You Gotta Have Spice," and realized that episode probably has the highest concentration of classic Thumbs moments for me:

• Sean's auto-tuned "baboo"
  • the guy at the EA investor's meeting looking for a picture of Michael Jordan at a 386
  • "I'm Nick Breckon." "And I'm Nick Breckon."
  • the Suckbox 360 aka DVD Heater (aka Crapbox 360)
  • Nick's story about building an entirely tool-based society in Dawn of Discovery

I don't think I have listened to that episode yet, I will have to give it a listen. :)

Was Nick actually on this episode of the podcast or did he just get animated in? If it's the latter--good.

I've watched this video five times in a row now.

Yeah Nick was in that episode, you can actually hear him about 50 seconds into the video. He'll probably always have a place at the table even when he's not in a episode though. :)

I actually started one of these like two years ago, and this beautiful piece makes me incredibly sad that I never finished mine. I think I may dig that file up and finish it.

Along with those stellar Derek Lieu animations, I really hope this just becomes another incredible thing that the Thumbs community does on the daily. 

The Sean vs. Obama saga could make for a pretty good animation, though it spanned a whole bunch of episodes, so it's hard to say where to start. The only episode title that sticks in my head is

, but there are so many more than that.

That's pretty fantastic!

Thanks!

This is so good.

I'm glad you guys like it!

I actually started one of these like two years ago, and this beautiful piece makes me incredibly sad that I never finished mine. I think I may dig that file up and finish it.

Along with those stellar Derek Lieu animations, I really hope this just becomes another incredible thing that the Thumbs community does on the daily. 

It would be really cool to see different peoples take on this!

The Sean vs. Obama saga could make for a pretty good animation, though it spanned a whole bunch of episodes, so it's hard to say where to start. The only episode title that sticks in my head is

, but there are so many more than that.

Yeah, it would be cool to get a little "mini series" going in the animation episodes. Good idea!

This is really good. It reminds me of The (animated) Ricky Gervais Show, which cuts between them sat at a table and visions of whatever rambling Karl Pilkington is in the middle of.

A Rival Appears!

To Backadd: I realy enjoyed your video and look forward to seeing more in the future. I hope you don't mind me adding to this thread.

Hey Readers, new poster here. I too have been working on an "animation" (not actually animated) series using the power of MS Paint, called 'Inanimate Thumbs'. It can be thought of as a Thumbs-themed slideshow. The art style is inspired by Fred Malmhake's "Yogpod Animations", if any of you have are familiar with that series.

I have a handful of videos so far. 'Inanimate Thumbs' videos can be found at my YouTube Channel: StegoTwoTap.

Episodes thus far:

1. (55)-WIZARD-NO
  2. Back in Action
  3. Kotick's on a Plane
  4. Sincerely
  5. An Ode to Waluigi

They are all awesome! You should tweet this to the Thumbs guys!

The "Back in Action" one is my fav.

EDIT: I CORRECT MYSELF. This one is my fav.

A Rival Appears!

To Backadd: I realy enjoyed your video and look forward to seeing more in the future. I hope you don't mind me adding to this thread.

Hey Readers, new poster here. I too have been working on an "animation" (not actually animated) series using the power of MS Paint, called 'Inanimate Thumbs'. It can be thought of as a Thumbs-themed slideshow. The art style is inspired by Fred Malmhake's "Yogpod Animations", if any of you have are familiar with that series.

I have a handful of videos so far. 'Inanimate Thumbs' videos can be found at my YouTube Channel: StegoTwoTap.

Episodes thus far:

1. (55)-WIZARD-NO
  2. Back in Action
  3. Kotick's on a Plane
  4. Sincerely
  5. An Ode to Waluigi

That's awesome! I have always been jealous of people who can actually draw anything more then a stick figure in ms paint!

Glad to hear that people like the episodes thus far.

That's awesome! I have always been jealous of people who can actually draw anything more then a stick figure in ms paint!

I am using a laptop, so the trackpad makes it a lot easier than using a mouse, in my opinion. It's been so weird using MS Paint again, I haven't used it since I was a kid. Also, I'm jealous of people who can do actual animations.

yet... no animation of the Goldblum encounter

I have been thinking about how to do the Goldblum encounter. I have an early Jeff Gold Game Gold 'script' written so far. So sometime soon, I hope.

How do you guys create these? Just make a load of image files and stick them in an editing program for however many frames each?

How do you guys create these? Just make a load of image files and stick them in an editing program for however many frames each?

Exactly right. I'm not an artist and I have no video editing experience, so I used Movie Maker as my editing program. It has its limitations, but it gets the job done.

In my process I use three programs, photoshop, after effects and premiere. I draw all characters and backgrounds etc in photoshop, then I animate everything in after effects and do general video editing in premiere.