Sign in to follow this  
tegan

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Protip: start with a parent from the Friend Safari. They don't have Mareep there, but any compatible male will do. Friend Safari Pokémon always have 3 perfect IVs. You'll eventually want to make sure you have the Destiny Knot and the Everstone so to simplify passing down IVs and natures. You'll always pass down three IVs by default or five with the Destiny Knot. Just keep checking the hatchlings with the IV Judge and trade up when you get an offspring that outclasses its parent.

Thanks Tegan! I've been doing the checking with the IV Judge. I somehow have 2 destiny knots, which is pretty great. If I have any questions, you are the one I'll come to since this ain't your first rodeo.

Oh, one more thing: don't worry about getting a perfect Attack stat on a Special Attacker like Mareep. A 0 is actually the ideal since damage caused by confusion or an opponent using Foul Play is calculated using it  I'm breeding Larvetas right now using a 0 Attack parent for just that reason. It's not a big deal if you get it higher than 0, just don't worry too much about making it perfect.

Congratulations Tegan! I admire your mental fortitude haha. Now unleash the beeeeeeeeeees

Damn Sewaddles are adorable. Larvesta's are quite cute too though.

You want one? I want to keep most of them, but I can spare one or two.

Yes please! Sorry I haven't replied in a while :(

I'll post my friend code when I get home from work.

Damn Sewaddles are adorable.

Sewaddle is my favourite Pokémon. Because it's a cutie patootie.

TnpKVti.png

So I hatched a shiny before I had even finished nailing down stats. This one's Naive with 31/31/22/31/31/31, which was very fortunate. It has Chlorophyll instead of Swarm, but I can Ability Capsule that later.

The code for Shell Armor Samurott goes live today. Go to Mystery Gift and use the code POKEMON503 to get it. ShellArmor kind of sucks, but hey, free Samurott.

Additionally; Meganium, Typhlosion, and Feraligatr will be available to Pokémon Bank users starting on the 27th, presumably to remind people to renew their account since that's close to when it expires. They have their hidden abilities, too; Leaf Guard, Flash Fire, and Sheer Force; respectively. I can't wait to try a Sheer Force Feraligatr.

Man I haven't gone back to Ruby for ages! I need to at the very least grab the three Gen V starters. Contrary Serperior! And maybe beat the Elite 4 at some point.

Finally got this, this past week. Even though I don't have as much nostalgia for Ruby and Sapphire as I do for Gen 1 and 2, I'm having a blast. I'd even say I'm enjoying this game more than X and Y. I'm still only two badges in, so it'll be a while before I'm back in here talking EVs and Shinies with you guys, but so far it's just great being back in the Pokemon world.

I think part of what's making it so fun is that I bought my girlfriend Alpha Sapphire too. She grew up with the cards and anime but never got into the games. She's a pretty casual gamer (Animal Crossing and The Sims are her jams) she's getting SUPER into it, she's farther than me in fact.

Right now we're trading off on the same 3DS, but I'm getting a "New 3DS XL" on Friday and letting her take my current one. Can't wait for that, then we'll be able to battle and trade each other!

g6Xst0Z.png

Another one in less than two boxes! I feel like this is karma for those damn Combees.

You're being rewarded by the RNG gods for your persistence. 

Don't I know it.

dJVhZKu.png

Less than two boxes again.

I always see the selection mark is on the "YES" for giving the pokemon a nickname. I know it defaults there, but I'm really hoping you give all your shinies a unique name.

I always see the selection mark is on the "YES" for giving the pokemon a nickname. I know it defaults there, but I'm really hoping you give all your shinies a unique name.

Nope! I've only nicknamed a few of my Pokémon ever, even though I ended up liking them more because of it (Goemon the Greninja in X, Brand the Arcanine in Black 2, and J Allard the Granbull in Y). It's just a weird thing for me.

I probably should try to nickname a few of them though.

Oh dang, Darkrai is one of the few I don't have. I eally hope they do a North American distribution.