Sign in to follow this  
tegan

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

I just found out you can change the music at the Battle Resort (where I hatch my eggs) to Wally's theme.

I'm back on board.

bY0ewNT.png

5285 eggs in now. Nothing. Zip. I accidentally hit B when the Day Care Lad asked if I wanted an egg earlier and he kept it. What if that was the one?

#5522 makes shiny male #6, which is relieving in a way. I was worried that my game was broken or something.

I heard that if you hold down both shoulder buttons as an egg hatches, it improves the chance of a shiny.

#5629 was also a male shiny. No shinies in three days and then I get two of them within an hour of each other. Weird.

I heard on the playground that every game only has a certain number of shinies in it and that they eventually run out if you see too many of them.

Seriously tegan how do you hatch am egg quickly? This damn things been in my party for half of the game now!

I use a Flame Body Talonflame, the Egg-Hatching O-Power you can get in Mauville City (O-Power recharge rate is based on the amount of steps on your 3DS step counter. 4000 steps a day makes it charge almost as fast as a level 3 Egg-Hatching O-Power can drain it), and the fact that the Battle Resort is just one gigantic continuous stretch of path right next to the second daycare.

Turns out I actually miscalculated that last one so I don't know what its number overall is, but #6689 is male shiny #10.

Start putting them up on Wonder Trade, try and flood it with male Combees

On a seperate note, a wailord in pokemon-amie is hilarious:

B7fnsx_IUAAb6_p.jpg

"PLAY WITH ME"

I've been playing X since I got it for Christmas, after playing (and beating the Elite 4) in Red, Yellow, Silver, Crystal, & Ruby back when they came out. (I played platinum but didn't finish it.) Yesterday I caught the first shiny I've ever encountered in the wild. It's a yellow Shelmet! (It is not the first shiny I've had. Someone wonder traded me a shiny Walrein with Pokerus last week and I'm still in awe of that. I assume the red Gyrados doesn't count since it's a guaranteed encounter. Some one else wonder traded me an Entei. What is up with these super nice people?!)

I just hope the hunt for the shiny female Combee is still going strong!

Contrary Serperior is being distributed via Mystery Gift! Enter the code POKEMON497 to get it. Reckless Emboar and Shell Armor Samurott are coming in the next few weeks. I've never cared much for Shell Armor, but Contrary and Reckless are both great abilities for their respective Pokémon (dat Wild Charge/Head Smash/Flare Blitz/Take Down Emboar).

I just hope the hunt for the shiny female Combee is still going strong!

I'm up to 8723 Combees hatched and STILL have nothing to show for it. :getmecoat

(If there's anyone who wants to add me so that I can have more friend safari's my 3DS friend code is in my sig & I've posted recently in the 3ds friend codes thread over in the multiplayer networking subforum)

I'm very close to filling out my Non-National Pokedex, and if someone with Y was interested in helping me out, I would appreciate it.

I added you and I've got a complete National Dex (minus a few event legendaries). What were you looking for?

Also, congrats on the shiny Shelmet, by the way. I've been meaning to breed one of those. Let me know if you need help evolving it.

Thank you tegan! I mostly need help with the ones that have certain items they need to hold when trading to evolve. (Your slurpuffs & scizors of the world.) I'll send you a PM when I get home tonight with the list of things I need help with.  I think I have the constituent parts for pretty much all of them, so if you have a dummy pokemon to trade me, I can trade to you all the stuff I have, and you can just trade it back to me. 

The only one I do not have is whatever Aromatisse evolves from & I don't have it in my Pokedex to look for it in GTS.

The only one I do not have is whatever Aromatisse evolves from & I don't have it in my Pokedex to look for it in GTS.

That'd be Spritzee. I'll look for one in Y for you.