Sign in to follow this  
tegan

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Hey Tegan, I caught a shiny Gulpin a while ago in Pokemon Y. You seem to appreciate shinies more than I do. Wanna trade for it?

I generally prefer to breed them myself. What were you looking for in exchange?

Speaking of shinies, check out this little lady's purple butt:

Ksk84Oq.png

Oh I wasn't really looking for anything, just wanted to share it. But if you'd rather breed shinies, that's cool too. That's a pretty Florges!

First shiny of 2015.

51iKjXY.png

Female, Bold, Cloud Nine, Hyper Voice, 31/??/31/31/31/31 (Attack is between 20 and 28, not entirely sure yet)

It's basically exactly what I wanted. OuO

I just beat the Elite Four/League Champion, and holy shit there are way too many endings to this thing. Beat the Champion, register your pokemon & watch a team montage, watch the credits roll, battle with your rival, watch another end screen, overhear Mom & Dad have an argument, TO BE CONTINUED...

The low battery light started flashing halfway through all that and I almost had to start charging it up again to make sure I didn't lose whatever progress may or may not have been saved all through that.

I've started breeding for a shiny Vespiquen, which is kind of like saying "so I've decided to become an alcoholic."

#428:

fBzf3dc.png
QgiQoYU.png

SO JEALOUS OF THAT SHINY BEEDRILL

Shiny Mega Beedrill is pretty rad. I hadn't used Mega Beedrill before, and it makes for a pretty decent glass cannon. Dat Adaptability.

I think I once raised a male Combee to level 50. It was a wholly pointless exercise.

I also have a level 63 Luvdisc.

An artist's rendition of Tegan:

Two consecutive days without any more shinies. Not even males. It's been nearly a thousand since my last one and the average is 1 in 514.  :fart:

#428:

fBzf3dc.png

QgiQoYU.png

After years playing pokemon, through every generation, this was my first. ever. shiny. On Y. My jubilation then immediate disappointment after googling this stupid thing was heartbreaking.

It's the Froakie débâcle all over again. Can you beat the previous record of 2971 eggs?

Probably, because there's a 1/8 chance of getting a useful female Combee and a 7/8 chance of getting a disappointing male Combee. (Female Combees evolve, male Combees don't, and it's not an even gender split.)

It's a 1 in 4112 chance of getting the shiny female Combee.

In contrast, Froakie was only 1 in 1028. So tegan got super unlucky with Froakie, but so far it's par for the course with Combee!

Good luck, tegan!

I'm on my 160th box of Combee and learning a lot about the brain's tendency to assign meaning to random occurrences.

*sacrifices goat to Lord Masuda*

(still nothing since that fifth male shiny, by the way)