Sign in to follow this  
heybeardo

Witchmarsh

I declined to back it after watching one of the videos—the pixel art characters are just too anonymous for the atmosphere they're going for. They are also too small for the Castlevania-type action to be comprehensible.

I will probably end up being completely wrong about all of that, though, because the designers have definitely spent a lot of time thinking about setting and atmosphere.

Yeah, I can see your point, but I like the ambition and designs. Looks like it'll be good fun.

This looks very interesting, and not like the Massachusetts I know :P! I'm still holding back from KS after splurging over $2000 on one particular game (loving every minute, but still!). I am glad to see it made its goal, and look forward to seeing how it plays. I also have some concerns about the small characters, even though the world itself looks very atmospheric.

This looks very interesting, and not like the Massachusetts I know :P! I'm still holding back from KS after splurging over $2000 on one particular game (loving every minute, but still!). I am glad to see it made its goal, and look forward to seeing how it plays. I also have some concerns about the small characters, even though the world itself looks very atmospheric.

This was my first Kickstarter game to back. I debated backing SuperHot but I thought this one needed my help more.

This looks great, good style, interesting setting and possibly changing a form of gameplay to appeal to me more. But I've given myself a limitation on kickstarters, no backing them if they have already or will probably hit their target. Mostly because I shouldn't spend too much on them when the 4 games and 1 film I backed are still in production (not dead, they're updating us but still a while away from release).

I like the look of this though, I look forward to seeing what comes of it.

I'm still holding back from KS after splurging over $2000 on one particular game (loving every minute, but still!).

So you're one of the three millionaires that backed Star Citizen!

Also, this looks pretty neat. So many fascinating indie games on Kickstarter lately.

So you're one of the three millionaires that backed Star Citizen!

Also, this looks pretty neat. So many fascinating indie games on Kickstarter lately.

Right genre, wrong game ;)! I only backed Star Citizen to the alpha level with the basic little ship. I think people who spent hundreds or even thousands of dollars to get early access to the bigger ships are a bit crazy, but I can't begrudge their loyalty to the cause (not without being a ginormous hypocrite anyway)!

I loved the description, but then when I saw that being a "detective" was just killing things it sort of lost it for me.

Cool theme though, but feel a little cheated by their description.

I loved the description, but then when I saw that being a "detective" was just killing things it sort of lost it for me.

Cool theme though, but feel a little cheated by their description.

I read their description of detective being similar to describing Hellboy as a detective.

I read their description of detective being similar to describing Hellboy as a detective.

Or Batman? I know Rocksteady revived the idea that he was the world's greatest detective, but that was the first I'd heard of it and even then the games are more about the punching and the kicking (and sneaking... BOO!)

Peering through his magnifying glass, the detective deduced the exact location of the mystery and opened investigations. Moments later, the mystery collapsed in a pool of evidence: solved.

I'm pretty interested in this. It's yet another game I'd back if I had a job. I'll be waiting for its release with much vigor.