Sign in to follow this  
Nachimir

List of things that must be in blah

Holy fan stipulated obligation to implement DirectX to it's full potential Batman:

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?523261-PC-features-that-must-be-added-to-the-PC-version-of-Sid-Me-Civilization-Beyond-Earth&p=6048356

Here is a list of things I don't want

Here is a list of things I want

Here is a list of some things that need to be

Now here's a list of how many

Features that I want

It makes me wish the game would be open-source, so they could just hand the guy the source and be like, "Fine. You do it."

Seriously, some people are kinda seriously entitled. And just oblivious.

It can't be that hard, you just do a find replace on Dx10 with Dx9. Lazy devs imo.

I love how he keeps repeating both the full and abbreviated versions of DRM right next to one another. 

"Global Offensive which released for sale in 2012 sold over 5.5+ million copies because it had Rentable Dedicated Servers"

Jesus this is a gold mine

I like how he goes on and on about Windows XP support because so many people still use it, but never even mentions Mac or Linux.

Use Nvidia's PhysX Physics Engine Software Development Kit (SDK) it's free and it will save you lots of money from licensing fees Havok's physics engine is terrible.

Here's a link that tells you it's free http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

Just in case they guys at Firaxis are totally in the dark about what tools are available. 

Yeah I hate the way video game studios lazily throw together engines, tool chains and asset pipelines without even bothering to check what's out there it's disgusting.

That's one of my favourite parts of the whole post.

I love how he keeps repeating both the full and abbreviated versions of DRM right next to one another.

I imagine he thinks that making it look more like the kind of legalese you get in EULAs will somehow make it more convincing. Or it could just be a facet of his psychosis.

EDIT:

It looks like he's been misusing apostrophes and obsessing over game engine minutia for at least a couple of years: https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/232284387557924865

I mean, it's the exact same phrase he uses in his big list of demands: "to it's full potential".

I wonder if it's very stressful to be this poor guy, sweating so hard over all these details that are completely out of his control.

se Nvidia's PhysX Physics Engine Software Development Kit (SDK) it's free and it will save you lots of money from licensing fees Havok's physics engine is terrible.

Here's a link that tells you it's free http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX

Just in case they guys at Firaxis are totally in the dark about what tools are available.

It says in the first paragraph in the very last sentence that it's free.

This is a brilliant, horrible thing.

14. Give us MSAA Hair in the DirectX 11 options menu Off, Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra High, Maximum. 

PhysX has the best Physics Engine it can do the following APEX Destruction, APEX Clothing, APEX Particles, APEX Vegetation, and APEX Turbulence ( I don't know what APEX Turbulance is maybe something to do with smoke and wind).

That's awesome. "This thing is the best because it does X, Y and Z! I don't know what Z actually is, but this is clearly the best option!"

What's wrong with P2P hosting for multiplayer in a turn-based game? ZOMG HOST ADVANTAGE LAG I WASN'T EVEN THERE THIS IS BULLSHIT I TOTALLY INVADED THAT HEX FIRST

The fewer decision game clients make, the fewer decisions that can be changed by hacks. That said, this is easily dealt with by distributing validation of the game state.

Oh, there's more...

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?175716-PC-features-that-must-be-added-to-the-PC-version-of-BioShock-Infinite

I want to see Nexus website owner Dark0ne open up a BioShock Infinite Nexus website and see lots of modders post mods on there and competition also mod tools create jobs sometimes modders get hired.

This is a 12-year old kid right?

It's not implausible! It has a certain tone-deaf insistence that I've seen before from people with Asperger's.

You know, it really dampens the fun of laughing at people on the internet when you point out that they might be autistic.

Quick! Everyone point and laugh at Ben for having a conscience!

The best is that on some graphics options, they should give us Ultra setting between Very High and Ultra High.