tegan

The E3 Retrospectapalooza

I guess IRC. What a shitty timing for Microsoft... during my dinner.

Man, I would be so down for that. ME3 MP came out of nowhere but it was such a blast. I didn't even wind up getting the game for myself, but I pretty much maxed out a friend's galactic war points (or whatever the hell that thing was) playing it on his copy.

Coop would even be doable in a story setting (somewhat) since they already have a template for mutliplayer dialog in The Old Republic. Four characters, everyone chooses an option, dice roll decides who talks. Wouldn't be the best idea for a serious story with heavy consequences, but it works great if you're just playing with friends and trying to out-dialog one another.

Edit: Oh man, it's 70% off on Origin, might have to grab it. Does the standard edition come with all the multiplayer DLC or are those purchased separately? Edit: Never mind, guess all the packs are free. Sold!

There is a ME3 multiplayer thread!  We can move this discussion over there.

IRC, what happened to Steam Chat like the days of old? I don't even know if I remember how to use IRC anymore.

MS had some interesting stuff to show.

EA was just shit. Why did they even bother.

Cuphead is old news, though. And aside from the AMAZING visual style, it looks like a completely impenetrable game of MegaMan-style boss fights.. Which makes me sad :sad:, but probably has its own little niche of people who love that stuff!

Microsoft had a few nice videos: Witcher 3, AC5 and Forza Horizon 2 (sue me), which is me saying that it was less horrendous than I was expecting. There were only three shooters and less obnoxious US marines than I was bracing for.

Kinda curious what Nintendo'll do. It might be boring, but every now then they have the capacity to charm & delight in the most surprising manner. Let's hope this is another one of those years. They need it, too!

Forza Horizon 2 (sue me)

DONE.

Kinda curious what Nintendo'll do. It might be boring, but every now then they have the capacity to charm & delight in the most surprising manner. Let's hope this is another one of those years. They need it, too!

DLC for MK8, featuring more stares and glares.

Everything was co-op

Create your own stories with friends :tup: video game friends :tup: friends :tup:

hEZEBLZ.gif

xZwLy3Q.jpg

This is all very pretty and all but you know there will be a shit ton of hideous UI garbage spunked all over the screen in the actual game

Press x to hide in plant pot, press triangle to appreciate fine art, press square to "let the eat cake", press anything else to murder dudes

I didn't watch the actually press event but I'm still pretty damn excited for The Division. I watched Sony's live last year, but I don't have any consoles now so I don't really have any "allegiances" so I might just wait until the morning for all the trailers, rather than staying up to 1AM Queen's Time. I actually L-O-L'D!!! at Scalebound. Do we seriously need another scoffing punky white kid being snarky? And he was wearing Beats by Dre knock offs too. I mean that's kind of embarrassing. 

Well this came out of no where, they are making another one of those isometric Lara Croft puzzle adventure games!  This so far is the best thing to come out of E3 for me, I really dug the first one in co-op with my wife.

Also, apparently the second Bioware game wasn't a second Mass Effect game, but something new.  The IRC chat misunderstood and thought 2 ME games were coming.

What I liked about AC5 was that they've made crowds less 'mechanicy' again, with random groups of 3-5 strangers that turn monochrome as you enter them. AC needs to be less obviously systematized, and hopefully also playable with no interface. I always go for no interface, but the game is virtually unplayable that way if you actually want to progress. (It's great for dicking around though.)

I'll be very curious if the assassinations themselves will be the same trite, pre-composed events again, or if they'll make good on the oft-repeated claim that you'll be able to 'plan' your kills.

My guess is no. A different, a younger Ubiquitous Software might've done that, but not this juggernaut, no.

What I liked about AC5 was that they've made crowds less 'mechanicy' again, with random groups of 3-5 strangers that turn monochrome as you enter them.

Ooooh that's a good call. I totally forgot (with all the other things I loved about AC2) that I really disliked that addition. It's so boring. The first game had a bit of that, but the second game and its quasi-sequels/expansions definitely made it way more obvious and... boring.