tegan

The E3 Retrospectapalooza

I solemnly swear that if I ever find myself presenting a game at E3, as part of the demo I'm going to make a VLC pop-up render.

Please tell me there is an actual video of someone doing this.

The first part happened at E3 when they were demoing Assassin's Creed Black Flag. The second part I was actually remembering from another event.

I just found out today that I am actually going to E3! There was a competion for US-based backers of KickStarted game Elite Dangerous last week, and I won it this afternoon. I will have to gabble about it to developers and the press, and maybe do some demonstrating too

Mostly looking to see what Nintendo have planned. We don't really need to see that much from Microsoft and Sony given that 90% of the third party developers are already behind them.

From nintendo, I'm REALLY hoping for Majora's Mask 3D. And a metroid game for either the 3DS or Wii U. 

Nintendo declares it "The Year of Sony" by accident, must have an emergency other Nintendo Direct two days later to backpedal.

Nintendo declares it "The Year of Sony" by accident, must have an emergency other Nintendo Direct two days later to backpedal.

"We actually meant 'Year of the PS3'!"

There's a scandal when the Destiny games are claimed to be running on XBONEs but the devices are actually revealed to be Wii Us.

There's a scandal when the Destiny games are claimed to be running on XBONEs but the devices are actually revealed to be Wii Us.

Two of them. Duct taped together.

Oh man, imagine if Cormack had gone solo instead of heading to Oculus and actually harnessing the power of two Wii Us was the subject of his pet project and a meticulously detailed GDC talk.

But during the entire talk he refuses to admit that his new technological development is two duct taped Wii Us, instead constantly referring to it as 'The Future'.

NoIlP3O.png

I'm pretty sure this means Majora's Mask 3D is coming, considering all those Ocarina of Time 3D commercials she and her father did.

...Who else is excited for ten or twenty years from now when Square Enix can finally cash in on all those poor kids named Sephiroth for their marketing?

...Who else is excited for ten or twenty years from now when Square Enix can finally cash in on all those poor kids named Sephiroth for their marketing?

Sadly, the future will look more like this:

i expect that in 40 years i will go to the bank and be told that i am being foreclosed on by a person named Jayden

when i am arrested and put into the paddy wagon after drawing my laser pistol in Jayden's office, both of the cops will be named Jayden

six various gendered people in the rear of the paddy wagon will all be named Peyton. the seventh will go by "J.P." and tell me it stands for Jayden Peyton

Oh yes give me MM3D.

And hey, at least Zelda was a legitimate name before the video game came along. A kid named Sephiroth is a kid who hates his life.

He's gonna be great friends with my first son, Nebuchadnezzar, so named not after the historical figure, but the ship from The Matrix.

Also, GIEF MM3D.

There's gonna be a truly mind-blowing pre-rendered trailer for Extreme Guns Badass Boob-Slicer.

Then there will be a poignant, quietly paced and seemingly thoughtful trailer for a game that will later turn out to be an opposing publisher's equally rippin' answer to Extreme Guns Badass Boob-Slicer.

All trailers this year will be performed on-stage by live actors.

Cameras will be banned from the expo hall, as a deliberate endeavour to highlight the fleeting purity of each moment for those attending.

I_smell has nailed E3.

I bet all kids named Sephiroth have this conversation:

"What's your name?"

"Seph"

"Seth?"

"No, Seph"

"Huh?"

All trailers this year will be performed on-stage by live actors.

Cameras will be banned from the expo hall, as a deliberate endeavour to highlight the fleeting purity of each moment for those attending.

Ukiyo-E3!

God no one is going to get that joke :getmecoat