Reyturner

Idle Fantasy Doto

Ooh, I might be down for the late-comers league, as I've been on vacation the past two weeks. (Somehow the girlfriend didn't find "But The International 4 Qualifiers!" a valid reason to drop a round-trip of Europe with her family?)

Not 100% sure I can draft on Sunday yet, will investigate.

I joined the scrub late-comers league as well. I'll be around the house all day Sunday, so that works well for me as a draft day.

Hi everyone, we still have spots open for the draft! Feel free to join. Even if you can't be there, you'll be auto-drafted some players and can still join in on the fun. Info again:

ID:131297

pass:potatoday411!

I'm not sure I enjoy picking who's most likely to play rather than who's most likely to do well.  The TI4 qualifiers are likely an outlier, but I feel like most of the best teams are going to lay low for a while.  I guess it keeps it competitive, but I don't really have a desire to analyse upcoming tournaments.

I guess something Football has going for it is that the schedule is regular.  But even then, it seems people spend most of their time watching injuries to manage their bench.

Agreed. It is an amazing pain to figure out who's even playing. This week seems very sparse. 

Still feeling some residual pain from Casktapper ripping my face off last week. Holy hell, dude. (...but great job!)

And just to rant a bit... I hate having to do all my player swaps in-game. I only get on in the evening for a few games and end up playing too late, so then I have to rush off and forget to make swaps. Life is hard... /rant :)

Has anyone found a way to easily find out who's playing? The "scheduled" tag in game doesn't seem totally reliable. It seems next to impossible to figure out who's playing tomorrow let alone who will be playing in the weeks ahead. It's kind of a complete mess.

The Events tab in Watch gives you something to go on. Beyond that, grinding your face through Liquipedia on a daily basis.

I wrote some VBA code at work today to pull match schedules from joinDOTA into Excel. :x Sooo much easier to filter through.

I almost wish that if it was not a match/tournament that could be set up in a way that it showed the "scheduled" flag that it didn't count. As it stands, the majority of games contributing points to the league are completely off the books. I still think it's boring to guess who's going to play the most.

It just doesn't feel like I'm trying to make the best team possible. Instead I'm trying to search through the internet to find out the people who play the longest games the most. Which is not what I was looking for and I don't find it much fun. I've never done any other fantasy sports stuff, but I'd imagine the fixed season schedule with everyone playing the same number of games alleviates this problem.

I'm guessing the Dream League... league was better. Having every game count instead of just games in TI was a concession to keep it interesting longer.

So apparently the North American Rejects are now NaVi North America, in case anyone cares. Just spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how Korok went from playing three games on Friday (as of yesterday) to zero. Turns out they changed the team name within the past 24hrs. Whew.

And as frustrating as it is, I also find it kinda fun to have to look up all this info. Gives me something to do in my free time at work.

Dang it, I missed that a late-comer's league came together. Missed out on my 50 compendium points for joining a fantasy league.

I also haven't had a chance to join a league yet. How many people are in this boat? Could we get another one up and running?