Frenetic Pony

RIP Nintendo, 1889-2016

People, just... everyone seems too much of a fan of Nintendo. Far too enamored to ever believe Nintendo screwed up. 

Well that's just wrong.

I've read an article on practically every game-related website saying that the WiiU is terrible and has failed. I remember reading that the Wii is Nintendo alienating its core audience for a cash in with a gimmick. And now there's the whole Miiquality argument, with tons of people calling nintendo a shitty company for acting like assholes. 

It seems more like you're the one who hates Nintendo so much that you want to see them fail and I don't know why anyone would want to see a company like Nintendo fail.

Like others in here have said, I'm no nintendo fanboy. I bought a 3ds, and before that I had a gamecube and an N64. Hardly devoted to them, but I don't see any current reasons for them dying off in 2 years. I'm sure they will eventually fail if they don't change leadership and adopt a real strategy, but that's like every company.

In other news, Microsoft is now selling Xbone's without Kinects! RIP Microsoft 1783 - 2014. "You had a good run."  

What are you talking about??!!1 The MS Lords have seen the light and U-turned on their gimmicky albatross pack-in! Take note, Nintendo. Chinese market? Pah. Praise Honesty and Logic!

But no one suggests giving up the damned stupid tablet controller for Nintendo, no one. People triumphantly announce that Kinect shouldn't forced on people, but no one thinks of this for Nintendo.... it's useless! It's a useless, expensive, unnecessary thing. They could ditch it and drop the Wii-U price by $75 and probably salvage the whole thing.

Imagine for a second if Nintendo did bin the Gamepad. You'd be left with a modestly overclocked Nintendo-branded 360. 'No one' (by which I guess you mean 'no one on this forum') thinks this is a good idea because there is a significant difference between a Kinect-less Xbone and a Gamepad-less Wii U.

If Microsoft had a killer app for Kinect, they wouldn't be doing this. They failed to make it vital so must move (begrudgingly) to plan B (or C or D or whatever they're up to now) and sell their current-gen box solo. Nintendo, too, have failed to make their device vital. By all accounts, people who've used it for off-screen play have said it's surprisingly handy, but it's not a system selling feature. The gamepad has needed a killer app from the start and the fact that it still hasn't got one after 18 months is a massive cock-up. Nintendoland was a speculative stab but by this stage there should be half a dozen games that require and demo the pad. People should have been hitting golf balls off it Day 1. Arguably the best demo of it is still ZombiU, a third party launch title. THAT is the problem, not the device itself.

The market for an HD Wii is significantly smaller now than it was in 2009. And, seeing as wild speculation seems to be in order, I bet most people who wanted one already have a Wii U. It's going to live or die by the gamepad. They've fumbled it for a year and a half but they've got too much reserve cash and their fingers in too many pies for it to cripple them, and removing the pad won't regain those 'Nintendo-like profits' they keep banging on about. Only games that use the damn thing will do that.

In other news, Microsoft is now selling Xbone's without Kinects! RIP Microsoft 1783 - 2014. "You had a good run."  

Haha, ye olde Micro-softe.

I mean look at this shit, stop just rooting for Nintendo and read this: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-05-13-nintendo-two-years-away-from-redefining-video-game-platform-iwata

Really? Ok, yeah, you're going to save the Wii-U by just magically popping out the next Pokemon. Right. "We have plans" it reminds me of George R.R. Martin the South Park Black Friday stuff. "We have great plans. They're coming, oh don't worry they're coming. No seriously, stop asking more questions, big things are coming, I promise."

Maybe if the fans, aka most people on this thread, were as logical and honest with Nintendo as Microsoft's fans were, they might be inclined to listen. I don't want Nintendo to die. I like competition. But "believing" in Nintendo isn't going to magically wipe away half a billion dollars in losses with no defined plan to turn it around other than optimism.

Have you been reading what some of us are saying? Some of us are old enough to have LIVED through MUCH tougher times to Nintendo, I already listed many horrible ideas they've had before and many of us here have posted our own "Nintendo is dead" moment.... 

I really don't see your point Nintendo has made so many bad decisions in the past that I'm sure there is a BIG book out that lists them all and they are still alive, not only that I still fail to see why this is bad news.

The Pokémon Mini was a disaster, the Virtua Boy was a disaster, even if they do drop the WiiU out of nowhere it wouldn't even be in any top 10 list of console failures.

Frankly, most Nintendo fans are more into the portables than anything else, have you seen the excitement over the REMAKE of a Pokémon game? Tomodachi Life? 

Call me when the 3DS is in trouble, it's normal for a Nintendo fan to have their console to collect dust until a new game is out that year. Geez, the WiiU's catalog is already better than the Wii's, I just don't see why you are so worried. 

The Pokémon Mini was a disaster

I don't think that even Nintendo ever had high expectations for the Pokémon Mini. The target demographic for that thing is basically just me, and even I didn't buy one.

The Gameboy Micro was sort of a disaster though, and I did buy one of those.

I bought one... I don't think I still own one though and I kinda like the GBA Micro, it's is so tiny and portable!

Maybe it was a disaster, this still goes to to prove that despite all the jokes the WiiU is doing better than any "disaster" we might mention and Nintendo has survived them all.

Why are people even arguing with him, he's already proven before he's some kind of economics super prodigy.

I'm not most of the way through and economics degree for no reason.

[... ]

I.E. Yes, I do know what I'm talking about when it comes to economics BITCH I OWN ECONOMICS. I have the trademark, check it B)

I like how the very next post is Thrik stepping out of the thread. We've done this dance before, indeed.

Yes because then I would use the dagger to return the sands back into the hourglass of which they belong, but not before kissing a princess against her will.

Do you ever wish you could rewind time?

Only if it means I could unread his phenomenally fucking stupid critique of Star Trek Into Darkness.

Where's all the Drama™?

the Virtua Boy was a disaster

I had one of those.  Still do apparently.

So my power went out today and I decided to do a little cleaning when I came across this

Vh9h9zn.jpg

CRAwZvs.jpg

Why are people even arguing with him, he's already proven before he's some kind of economics super prodigy.

Haha, I was wondering when people would catch on again.

Only if it means I could unread his phenomenally fucking stupid critique of Star Trek Into Darkness.

Whoah, whoah, let's not get carried away here!

Where's all the Drama™?

To be fair it was a shit film.

It was a lot of fun, though, for being shit!

Team Ninja, doing just fantastic things with Nintendo's franchises again..

"Hey, remember how you made the worst Metroid game? We would like you to do the same with Zelda, thanks!"

Btw, is Nintendo dead yet??

Disclaimer: I never played Other M, and it probably has good stuff.

Well that Hyrule screenshot just soured me on the whole thing. I thought it was a fun idea until seeing that.

Disclaimer: I never played Other M, and it probably has good stuff.

The crazy thing about Other M is that most of what Team Ninja contributed (the gameplay) is decent; it's the stuff that series creator Yoshio Sakamoto contributed (the story) that ruins it.

Also indicated by how gross they've made her design in Smash Bros. Team Ninja didn't do that.