Frenetic Pony

HOTS... no the other HOTS. The Lords Management one damn it!

it last util December the 8th so there's no big rush, i'd strongly recomend you get the starter bundle its £4 for 3 (good) heroes and a stimpack which will make buying extra heroes easier

Woah, I tried Jaina and got my ass handed to me. She's much more squishy than the other heroes I've played as.

I don't think it helped that I also experienced my first hard counter. A stealth guy who I could just not get away from and killed me every time he found me.

Jaina is infamous for being the easiest assassin to kill ever. She is an assassin with no escape option (until level 20), and she is also bad in an assassin 1v1, because her damage comes in bursts rather than a continuous stream of damage. Should the enemy assassin dodge one of her abilities, she's basically useless until her cooldown wears off. Her auto-attack is also very weak, so she's highly dependent on her mana, which runs out pretty quickly. 

She shines in team fights though, due to her strong area damage, and is usually picked in a composition with 2 or more warriors, especially those that can zone out and keep enemy heroes away from her. Just need to be careful because in every team fight she is always priority no. 1 to kill.

Dreamhack's Hots tourney had a really quite tense last game with two quite different lineups and a quite different styles from the teams

nipping back to jaina the build i use in games where there is either no support or a stealth assassin on the opposing team is a variant on what's called the machine gun build

http://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/jaina#gWHa

basically it allows you to spam your frost bolt at a decent distance for even more single target burst along with gaining extra protection through ice armour and iceblock, and decent poke dmg with the water ele for when you don't want to hard engage. Once you get more comfortable with her or against less agressive comps you can run ring of frost & icy veins

I haven't played in quite a while. I was busy, then played a game one night and had a jackass team mate complain that "Jaina so bad" just as we were being kicked out after a loss wherein I didn't really play well but I hardly cost us the game.

My biggest problem with Lords Managements is that I'm just not interested in getting to a point where I'm throwing my controller (or mouse or keyboard) but that I land in a situation where other people enjoy the benefits of coming out the other side of that scenario. I don't know.

I'll add my details to the spreadsheet anyway and look out for people. 

had some games with some thumbs gentlemen today & had fun despite loosing both games, the second loss though was epic in its own way so decided to upload it :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wasuhz8JUc

The balls on that raynor :D

now heres a amusing Butcher (over) Kill from the same match to make us feel less bad!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m95wP6DTVV0

I've managed to claw back 3 ranks of the 4 i lost the week before in hero league, i think the trick has been that I've been deliberately always playing a quick match game between every hero league game no matter how good or bad i do. 

I haven't played this game much since LotV came out. Did you guys see that new recruitment thing? Lot of people up in arms about it because of all the smurfs that are going to dominate low-level games and people feeling cheated out of the rewards because they "recruited" all their friends back in the beta.

Personally I thought this would be a good time to get back into it with more friends, shame other people don't see it the same way.

I haven't played this game much since LotV came out. Did you guys see that new recruitment thing? Lot of people up in arms about it because of all the smurfs that are going to dominate low-level games and people feeling cheated out of the rewards because they "recruited" all their friends back in the beta.

Personally I thought this would be a good time to get back into it with more friends, shame other people don't see it the same way.

I think the big problem people are having is that this comes directly AFTER the Cho'gal event, because of the unique nature of that hero i know i had a fair few people who play other LoMa's from my greater social circle asking to play a few games just to try it out. Which would have seemed like the perfect thing to combo with a recruit a friend.

I also get the worry about Smurf accounts, blizz made a big change to the game balance recently which although theoretically making the difference that developed between two evenly skilled team's as the result of a pickoff less dramatic in terms of leveling up has also meant due to a increased death time those individual pick off have more impact moment to moment. Which basically means a well co-ordianted group of players can swing a early game far more dramatically if they get a couple of early pickoffs because they have the knowledge on how to exploit those pickoffs that a new group of player might not. One Smurf account isn't so much of a problem its when you get say 2-3 of them working together it creates a scenario where genuine new players are going to get a really shitty experience.

Played my first couple of games in a WHILE tonight. Forgot how much fun this game is. As tradition dictated, I loaded up Dota, got scared and played Heroes instead. It was pretty great.

I loaded up Dota, got scared

Accurate.

They really are so different! Dota 2 is all about the complexity and HOTS just lets you go in, mash some abilities and kill stuff.

There's also the fact, frankly, that I can get through about three games of HOTS (give or take) in the time it would take me to get through one game of DOTA. That's something that didn't matter to me too much a couple of years ago but it's huge now.

If you have an iPhone or iPad (not sure if it's on android) you might enjoy Vain Glory. It's a fully polished Lords Management, 3v3s, and games really do usually last 30 mins or less. It's got one lane and a jungle with some interesting jungle objectives. The hero selection is pretty solid, and every one has three abilities + an ulti. Item system as well, unlike HotS. I'd say it's reaaally well made for the platform, and it has around the same simplicity as HotS.

Also-- why does M O B A get changed to Lords Management?

Also-- why does M O B A get changed to Lords Management?

...because they are Lords Management games...or LOMAs

i forget when exactly it started in Idle Thumbs, but mentioned directly in

and then built upon in the first Dota Todays, but its a long standing IdleThumbs and adjacent community inside joke

I have met with some resistance whenever I bring up the Lords Management genre in real life. Some people profess confusion, others hostility to the idea of 'lords' in need of 'management'.

On 3/9/2020 at 3:37 PM, judaspete09 said:

I'm playing HOTS from 5 days now and I'm sort of addicted to this game, which character has the best winrate? I'm playing with Tyrande, I found a list https://gameskeys.net/heroes-of-the-storm-hots-tier-list-top-characters/ but it seems oudated, which characters has the highest kill rate?

these are outdated, I checked and found one link at www dot omggamer dot com and search hots and you will end up with this link https://omggamer.com/heroes-of-the-storm-tier-list-hots-tier-list-2020/

Moderator, you can remove the link if it's violating the rules.