melmer

Bloodborne (Dark Souls 2 successor (Dark Souls successor (Demon's Souls successor)))

I think it's that easy now, and levels don't even matter anymore. 

I'd be willing to give it a shot some night, as that's the same boss I stalled out on.  I've been playing a lot of DS2, so I'm sure my dodge timings will be all sorts of terrible and I'll die in a humiliating way.

That's okay I've been playing Dark Souls 1 with the ninja flip ring so my timings will be even more off!

Is it easy to set up a voice chat party thing (I like voice chat!!) and does it still work while you're playing?

You can just do a PS4 party and chat while playing, completely separate from the game. Super easy and pain-free.

Right now I'm only around level 80 or so, but I'd be up for playing with people!

I figured as much! Cool, cool.

Weird, the entire stamina penalty thing of some equipment disappeared with this update.  Might be a confirmation that it was a left over legacy feature that wasn't supposed to be occurring. 

That is weird. I'm sort of conflicted about the lack of a weight system after beating Dark Souls again a couple days ago. On the one hand it's annoying not to be able to have fast roll and the best armor, but on the other hand that's what makes it interesting!

So when are we gonna play some chalice dungeons?!

I've been on the PS4 playing Bordlerlands with the lady most evenings, she usually quits around 10 or 10:30.  If I'm on playing BL, I'd be happy to switch over to Bloodborne for a little while once she quits for the night.  

Otherwise I'll probably have some time this weekend.

So I stole my brother's PS4 for a week and I've been playing this. It's an interesting twist on the Souls formula! I would definitely be interested in playing it with some Thumbs, though I'd need more EU friendly times.

The screen not getting so dark when picking up dropped echoes is so nice!

Per the trophy list, I should now have 2 bosses left. So close to the end!

Is doing co-op runs of Chalice dungeons something people are into doing?

There's one particular chalice dungeon on the path to fighting Yharnam that is pretty heinous.  It's a cursed dungeon so your HP is cut in half.  And since your co-op partner automatically is at 70-80% their normal health, they are most certainly going to get one-shotted by bosses.  And when you enter a boss room with a partner, the boss gains a buff to their hp.  So it's pretty risky bringing a partner into this particular set of chalice bosses.

The cursed defiled chalice is definitely the hardest part of the game.  The 2nd boss in there took me 6-8 hours to beat.  

Oh man, I'm watching Sean's stream of Bloodborne and this is fucking delightful!  I'm impressed he lasted as long as he did against the first wolf. 

Has anybody watched Danielle's streams?  Those are on my list to, but there's a bunch and I don't know if there are some particular highlights that are best to watch. 

Played a bit of this for the first time in a month (haven't had time to play anything) and it's pretty clear to me that the game didn't leave that much of a lasting impression. I think I'll finish this run I'm on (five bosses left) but right now I kinda want to go play Dark Souls.

Also, unrelated to this, I noticed my PT download that I thought finished had actually stopped right before completion so I guess I'll never get to play that. Oh well.

In case anyone missed this (because I did) Sony confirmed that Bloodborne is getting an "expansion" with details to come down the road.  People are hoping that expansion points to something significantly more sizeable than just DLC.

The expansions for both DS1 and 2 are probably the best areas of those games, so yeah, it's real easy to get excited about this!

Played a bit of this for the first time in a month (haven't had time to play anything) and it's pretty clear to me that the game didn't leave that much of a lasting impression.

I'm experiencing something similar after dropping the game about a week-and-a-half ago due to an unexpected workload increase eating up any potential video game time. Now that things are settling down again, I'm don't feel much motivation to return to playing; I had fun in the moment, but after Demon's and Dark Souls, there's far less urge to return.

I also stopped playing before seeing any rooms full of spiders. And I know there's always that room full of spiders somewhere. Urgh.

Spiders popped here and there, but there's only one room full of spiders that comes to mind immediately. I'm probably forgetting a few though.

My understanding is that deep in the Chalice Dungeons, you can start running into levels with multiple Chime Maidens who spawn endless conga lines of spiders that seek you out where ever you are in the dungeon. 

I keep thinking about going back to one of my other builds, or to my NG+ character, and then I play DS2 or Borderlands instead.  All the different weapons are just a little too samey to me, there's not enough mechanic or fashion variety to pull me back in.  PvP also lacks the community.  Like I enjoy going to the bridge in DS2 in part because you walk up the stairs and there's a half dozen red signs, three or four dragon signs, a couple of small co-op signs.  It's just an immediate visual reminder that there are dozens or hundreds of other players standing in the same virtual space as you right now.  And you can walk around and look at the doll that pops up to check out people's loadouts.  You might get summoned into a fight club, spectate some other people fighting, then have that turn into an impromptu dance party.  None of that can really happen in Bloodborne, and it makes it harder for me to care about going back. 

Even if I'm not playing, I'm still digging watching videos of Bloodborne.  This guy's Next Level Strats series is just fucking killing me.

I'm getting back into this game after a long absence. Last thing I did was kill the Blood-starved Beast in Old Yarnham, and then I got picked up by a sack dude. I finally found a lantern in that prison place, so where should I be heading now? I can't remember at all if I'd found another path to take.

You've got a few paths.  The best one is probably to go through an (easy to miss) side door that opens up in the church with the beggar after beating the BSB.  Otherwise you can buy a 10K scarf from the merchants that will open up a gate in the church district. 

The first path that Bjorn mentions is the ideal path, the latter is a workaround that's really not worth the blood echoes.

I mention the other one only because it's an option (and that's the path I took with my first character because I was blind and had gone through the church a dozen times without noticing that a new door had opened). 

Oh yeah, I totally missed it too. Ended up coming back around to it so I did get all the loot eventually, but I wish I had known which is the only reason I stressed it. Want to prevent others from making my silly mistakes.

Even if I'm not playing, I'm still digging watching videos of Bloodborne.  This guy's Next Level Strats series is just fucking killing me.

I knew I was playing this game wrong.