melmer

Bloodborne (Dark Souls 2 successor (Dark Souls successor (Demon's Souls successor)))

I got through that whole area without using sedatives, because I didn't know what sedatives did :(   I just healed my way through every frenzy buildup. 

I haven't been playing this since I started replaying Dark Souls but I'm on the fourth level of the third Pthumeru chalice and I wish I was home right now so I could go explore it.

I got through that whole area without using sedatives, because I didn't know what sedatives did :(   I just healed my way through every frenzy buildup.

If you're bold you can avoid the frenzy damage using the iframes in your dodge.

I played this again today.

I tried tackling the fourth boss of the I think third or fourth Pthumeru chalice dungeon. I can't remember. Anyway it's the Bloodletting Beast.

How the fuck?? I have no idea how to beat this boss. ):

I'm clearly severely underleveled because one of its attacks can kill me in a single hit. Twice I died on the first attack!! Geez.

Yep, that's where I stalled out in the dungeons.  I think I only tried him a handful of times before deciding I didn't really care about the dungeons that much. 

I looked up some videos of people beating him and it seems like it's doable for me, as long as i can consistently avoid the one big attack, but I should probably still level up some more.

But there's another version of him in the final Pthumeru dungeon which is even harder apparently and I'm not looking forward to that at all.

I've made it to Old Yharnam...I guess I'll put stuff in spoilers?

When I get to the other Hunters, if I try and fight them they just wreck me. Especially if I try and fight the one at the gatling gun. It seems like I can just run past them both into this big indoor area instead. Should I just skip them for now and press forward? Also they're all like "Hunters shouldn't go into Old Yharnam" but look at them, hanging out there like it's no big deal. Hypocrites.

You can skip or you can fight. The first one (not the gunner) is easily cheesed if you're interested in doing that (unless they patched it).

Stand on the stairs just before getting to the hunter, and he'll run at you, attack once, and run back. Over and over. Very easy to get the parry timing down, I think. Or just a regular attack if you'd rather do that.

The gunner, I beat by making him jump off the roof... A lot of people did that, as I understand it.

That said there might be a reason you don't want to kill them, or at least the gunner, and this is a real spoiler for some later-game stuff. I'm not sure about all the details, but I'll just link to the Wiki page I read about it.

Yeah I noticed the cheese potential for the one on the ground (and suspected that roof method was possible). I just figured if I took out the gunner it would make that area less annoying so I'd deal with that one first. I think I'll just run past them like the video game baby I am.

If you can get away with it, running past stuff is a perfectly valid tactic! Just don't make it your primary one.

If you can get away with it, running past stuff is a perfectly valid tactic! Just don't make it your primary one.

I make it my primary one in one area in particular. The nightmare version of the Unseen Village too crazy though, so I don't feel bad about it.

I make it my primary one in one area in particular. The nightmare version of the Unseen Village too crazy though, so I don't feel bad about it.

That's a perfectly valid strategy there, since players are likely to discover it before they are necessarily ready for it.  It is an area where making some suicide runs for items can be valuable though if you want to try that.

Finally got to start this last night. I love the visuals, and overall atmosphere so far. The troll banging on the gate near the beginning is way too quiet for such a big guy. He snuck up on me far too easily while I was fighting some dogs.

It's kind of odd how, in New Game +, the item drops are not adjusted. The enemies in Central Yharnam are significantly more durable than anything I had fought near the end of the standard game, but then they drop Blood Stone Shards and Coldblood Ore.

New patch!

Quite a few changes, but the biggest ones are that shards, chunks and rocks can now be farmed from Chalice Dungeons, and Chunks can be purchased from the insight shop (though at a whopping 30 insight per chunk).  You can also co-op with no level limit when using password matching. Which...eh...ultimately what I see this allowing is for people to twink even faster and better for PvP. 

And rifle spear arcane glitch fixed (yah!). 

Just in time for me to really tackle Chalice dungeons!

Made some pretty good progress over the weekend, got One Reborn down, as well as Celestial Emissary. Still have to tackle Nightmare Frontier and do a bit of cleanup in the Unseen Village.

Oooh, lovely Beasthood Pellet buff!

Pre-patch, I managed to kill Vicar Amelia without her taking more than 1 swing at me due to beasthood abuse.

The screen not getting so dark when picking up dropped echoes is so nice!

Per the trophy list, I should now have 2 bosses left. So close to the end!

Is doing co-op runs of Chalice dungeons something people are into doing?

I wanted to at one point but then I learned how annoying it is to actually get to that point and to set it up and I got frustrated and gave up on the idea.

How do you mean?

I'd think with this latest update, so long as you have access to the same chalice dungeons, set a password, join for that, and you should be good?

Yes, it sounds like co-oping chalice dungeons has become much, much, much easier.  At launch, it felt like a massive pain in the ass to do.

You have to get the chalice that enables passwording in the first place, right? At which point I've already basically beaten the dungeon anyway, and I no longer care to do it again.

Wait, you need a chalice to do that? That seems odd..

I think I was thinking of the glyphs, i.e., the seeds for generating the dungeons. http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Short+Ritual+Root+Chalice

Which is part of why I was so confused!!!! Where do I even put in the password?! When I put in the password, do I not also have to generate the same dungeon? If it's really as easy as just putting in a password and joining, then someone please help me kill the bloodletting beast thx thx thx

im probably just an idiot