melmer

Star Wars VII - Open spoilers

I don't know how many of you are watching the pretty decent Star Wars Rebels series.

It's resuming it's run in the next week or so and the trailers suggests things are getting a lot more heated and mystical than before.

Anyway a more interesting detail (from the trailer) for non watchers might be that they're doubling down on Kylo Ren's light sabre design with a predecessing iteration.

Oh and it has younger versions of both Organas doing their thing.

Ps will this become the general Star Wars thread or is this the Wrong Thread for that?

I'm like the last person in the world to see it, I know, but I finally got to a theatre on Friday.

I really really liked it. I didn't have a problem with any of the nostalgia parts until the trench run, which I thought was a little much. For me, there was just the amount of call-backs I wanted, the plot was similar yet a little different, pretty much everything I secretly hoped for. The plot was a bit dumb in spots, but really the original trilogy wasn't exactly the best/most interesting/solid plot either, so I'm willing to let most of it slide.