melmer

Star Wars VII - Open spoilers

lUPXimY.gif

Is John Boyega just from an alien species with tiny lungs and he's always gasping for air

"Holy shit we're actually making a good Star Wars movie!" *hyperventilates ferociously*

Cautiously optimistic would be the term of the day. That is a cool shot though. It makes little sense that a star destroyer would survive crashlanding on a planet from orbit (especially the fragile bridge part), but hey, this is a fantasy universe and it's pretty neat.

Seeing old man Han is weird though. Almost like he doesn't belong in that world anymore, if you know what I mean? I wonder how I'll react upon seeing Luke.

As for the sith lord dude with the weird name, I'm not a fan of his helmet. He looks like any generic sith-y bad ass dude. Meh.

(And I know it's practically canon for the series, but... I'd appreciate it if there were no Wilhelm scream.)

I don't know, the star destroyer could of been trying to semi land but was too busted up to do it properly. It's not a given that it fell out of space or slamed into the surface at full speed. 

I don't know, the star destroyer could of been trying to semi land but was too busted up to do it properly. It's not a given that it fell out of space or slamed into the surface at full speed. 

Or it jumped out of hyperspace into the planet, although I'm willing to bet money that the mandate to the production staff was "have a big Star Destroyer crashed down," so we're just doing fan wank here.

I don't really know what you mean by that but yeah? Not really a huge star wars fan though. 

I don't really know what you mean by that but yeah? Not really a huge star wars fan though. 

I guess by "fan wank," I mean seeing something cool, fixating on faults, and then trying to explain them away. I was mostly being tongue-in-cheek, this is no Lightsaber-hilt-gate.

/edit: Comment made no sense due to misunderstanding stuff. ;)

But hey, what's with all the not showing the faces of the important dudes and dudette. ;)

CCu5WlSVAAAI_wD.png

:tup: :tup: :tup:

That kind of imagery is missing from Star Wars on the whole. I love that shot.

Haha ok I see now. That shot is indeed awesome, I would love to explore the ruins of something that vast in a game.

This looks like a Star Wars movie.

To quote Queen, Jaws was never my scene, and I don't like Star Wars.

I enjoy Star Wars enough, but have never been passionate about it like some people. Curious to see this, but I doubt it will be an experience beyond "Huh, that was pretty fun" for me. That said, I like a fun time as much as anyone and this could be cool.

These trailers are just very well done. It's crazy. If the people making the films get what is great about Star Wars as much as the people making the trailers do, then good times are ahead.

I was so distracted by the wrecked X-Wing in the foreground that I didn't even notice the Star Destroyer at first. It worked so well as a reveal.

Did they really need a giant red evil banner to signify how evil they are?

The red looks out of place to me.

I was kinda underwhelmed by the trailer, but I attribute that to spending all day being hyped up about it by twitter before actually seeing it.  I'll admit it shows much more promise than the last few movies though.

I think, if you look deep into your heart, way deep down into your most secret soul, we can all agree that Darksaber didn't really need to be saved.

[W]e can all agree that Darksaber didn't really need to be saved.

HA, you mean the Darksaber that is canon because it has appeared in 'The Clone Wars'?*

Oh, that teaser, against better judgement I get excited. Now Disney has eight months to beat that out of me.

*I don't know shit about Star Wars, googled 'Darksaber' and saw this.

I don't think Clone Wars counts as canon anymore but I dunno nothin'.

Cordeos' link says it is, but what am I doing I think I am arguing about Star Wars on the internet see that's what I mean this teaser what is happening with me I'm scared.

It's okay I have no opinion whatsoever about the trailer and I'm still arguing about Star Wars on the internet!

HA, you mean the Darksaber that is canon because it has appeared in 'The Clone Wars'?*

Oh, that teaser, against better judgement I get excited. Now Disney has eight months to beat that out of me.

*I don't know shit about Star Wars, googled 'Darksaber' and saw this.

Haha, no, I meant the novel. Peep that episode synopsis, it's like... everything wrong with the Star Wars EU.

(Though I guess on reflection I'm completely unsurprised that there's more than one "darksaber" in that big mess.)