melmer

Star Wars VII - Open spoilers

Architecture, on 02 Dec 2014 - 17:58, said:

As wrong as you could possibly be.

I stand corrected! Orange and light blue.

(I like the more muted colors too)

Those orange/blue comparisons you posted, Architecture, make me wonder if the standard editing decisions from the Star Wars films will carry over into these sequels, and specifically, will J.J Abrams use those iconic scene transition wipes. 

I do kind of like the idea that Sith build custom, somewhat unnecessary lightsabers because of their need to feel special.

I kind of really want this now. I'd be weirdly happy if one of the spin offs became a personal small scale Star Wars story at least hosted by Wes Anderson.

Argh, that Wes Anderson trailer that moddy posted is so poorly done! They misspelled "rebels!" They Futura Condensed for some reason! They used a song that he had already used in a different movie! 

Ok, it's been bugging me.

They replaced the timpani in the original theme with some sort of weird possibly electronic reverberating bass. It's either really poorly mixed or just a poor choice.

I would retract all negative things I ever said about Star Wars in my whole life if Wes Anderson made a Star Wars film.

Argh, that Wes Anderson trailer that moddy posted is so poorly done! They misspelled "rebels!" They Futura Condensed for some reason! They used a song that he had already used in a different movie! 

It's pretentious but not twee! Like, I'm not getting Wes Anderson vibes from that trailer at all.

Me neither but that doesn't stop me from wanting it! It's sorta like a Wes Anderson trailer from someone who's never seen a Wes Anderson movie, maybe.

My guess they used the song for recognition. Or yours and Badfinger's complaints are because it's a badly made fan trailer.

Still I think it fits the spirit of things.

I'd love to see a bounty hunter or heist based Wes Anderson Star Wars film.

Although I think with a little bit of creative re-imagining The Grand Budapest Hotel is the story of 'If Wes Anderson did Star Wars'. I mean M. Gustave could just be an amazingly suave Jedi..

My guess they used the song for recognition. Or yours and Badfinger's complaints are because it's a badly made fan trailer.

Still I think it fits the spirit of things.

I'd love to see a bounty hunter or heist based Wes Anderson Star Wars film.

Although I think with a little bit of creative re-imagining The Grand Budapest Hotel is the story of 'If Wes Anderson did Star Wars'. I mean M. Gustave could just be an amazingly suave Jedi..

Oh no. I meant the actual real Star Wars Theme in the actual real trailer. Removing the timpani is Real Bad.

It's pretentious but not twee! Like, I'm not getting Wes Anderson vibes from that trailer at all.

I'm getting a Blendo Games vibe from it, really.

Please stop saying orange and teal every time a face appears over a sky. That is, regrettably, the color of goddamn life, and you'll have to cope with that.

I'm surprised people think the lightsaber crossguard is bad. It's cool. It's impractical (if you'd catch another lightsaber with it, wouldn't it slide to the middle and cut your weapon to shreds?), but pretty bad ass and fitting in this, arguably the premier ridiculous sci-fi fantasy setting of our time.

Argh, that Wes Anderson trailer that moddy posted is so poorly done! They misspelled "rebels!" They Futura Condensed for some reason!

I found it particularly annoying that the first shot is so well set up to be edited as a Wes Anderson thing, and instead they put bad typography over the top.

I found it particularly annoying that the first shot is so well set up to be edited as a Wes Anderson thing, and instead they put bad typography over the top.

Exactly. There are quite a few good ideas throughout, but it's just so sloppy. I see this all the time with style parodies. 

Star Wars names

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=950284

The “ball droid” is BB-8

Oscar Isaac is Poe Dameron

The Sith is Kylo Ren

Daisy Ridley is Rey

John Boyega is Finn

Okay by me, they all roll off the tongue relatively easily

Interesting that they've ommitted two second names? Or not

Rey Solo

Finn calrissian :)

I really, really hope that they are not related to the original series characters. I want to believe there's more than one black family running around the galaxy.