melmer

Star Wars VII - Open spoilers

Not sure what to think of the whole project yet, but I can't wait to see the lighthammer and lightflail.

Oh well, as long as they don't make a light projectile weapon...

If they just go full Tokien fantasy and have a race of space dwarves wielding lighthammers and lightaxes, STAR WARS WILL BE THE GREATEST FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. 

If they just go full Tokien fantasy and have a race of space dwarves wielding lighthammers and lightaxes, STAR WARS WILL BE THE GREATEST FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. 

That'll certainly get me interested. More things could use dwarves. ESPECIALLY Star Wars.

So just watched the trailer again. So friggin good!!! I can't remember the last time something made me feel something. Do you get me blud? I've been on the vino.

Go on, treat yourself, watch it again now.

FIFA BOT

camera-tracking-through-darkness shots

What's the problem with a tracking camera? I'm not being shitty, I just don't understand why that's considered bad

I thought it looked badass! Damn sight more badass than anything that happened in the firewatch trailer BOOM :P

I also love Fifa bot!

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but that Falcon shot was a big downer for me. I'll try to articulate why!

It wasn't well composed and the motion felt weird, basically. It reeks of that overly artificial digital camera move thing that's become pretty prevalent in a lot of big CG sequences nowadays. I get what it's going for, it just felt really tasteless to me. And it is still early days and I'm sure it'll be perfectly okay in the final thing, but.. eugh. 

Wait.

Why is the little bot rolling backwards while moving forward.

That lightsaber is super dumb, but no worse that some of the over dumb versions that have existed such as

The lightwhip

Githany_lightwhip.jpg

The lighttonfa

Guard_shoto.jpg

and my personal favorite dumb variant, the lightfoil

Tapani_lightfoils.jpg

Okay nevermind that's just the gif missing frames. The actual trailer it's rolling correctly.

That'll certainly get me interested. More things could use dwarves. ESPECIALLY Star Wars.

Dwarves rule, elves jedis drool!

I also love Fifa bot!

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but that Falcon shot was a big downer for me. I'll try to articulate why!

It wasn't well composed and the motion felt weird, basically. It reeks of that overly artificial digital camera move thing that's become pretty prevalent in a lot of big CG sequences nowadays. I get what it's going for, it just felt really tasteless to me. And it is still early days and I'm sure it'll be perfectly okay in the final thing, but.. eugh. 

Yes, to me the camera movement feels like it lacks the proper inertia, which then makes the movement of the Falcon feel weird as well. I don't think the shaking helps.

Oh well, as long as they don't make a light projectile weapon...

A weapon that shoots light. Hmm...

Things that put me off- broadsaber, whatever dumb landspeeder that was, droid noise in the desert

Things that make me excited- X-Wings, FIFA Bot, the Millennium Falcon, THAT FUCKIN MUSIC

I'm not concerned it'll be bad, but I still share Jake's concern that it's something I'll just consume and move on.

It's a billion times better then I hoped. (Not that I really hoped anything, speculated a little maybe) Especially after watching that Jurassic world trailer. Sorry to keep banging on, it made me feel emotions, I didn't think I had them anymore, I'm currently on the honey Jack daniels.

So, I mentioned to my girlfriend it was Star Wars trailer day as I was dancing around the kitchen, emotions, and she told me she couldn't give a shit and wouldn't be watching it. But since then she's clearly been on the daily Mail side bar of shame and said to me earlier "you know who's weilding that lightsaber... rumour has it its Benedic cumberbatch" I'm like what? Why? Why keep his casting a secret? Who cares at this point. Sounds a bit like him talking in the trailer... But it could just as easily be Andy circus :) speaking (Jack daniels). I reckon the actual saber weilding dude in the trailer is adam driver.

Also what's the problem with the magnum lolly land speeder?

INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS' COCKPIT

:) just found out it's Oscar Isaac in the xwing :tup: does that mean bit part?? God, I'm now so damn interested how it's all going to fit together and I litterally haven't a fucking clue what this story is going to be.... What the story of the fucking trilogy is going to be.

I pray to god they don't go down the usual marketing route and create a trailer detailing everything that happens in the first 2/3 of the movie in sequence and following it up with a shot from the finale. THEY DONT NEED TO. ITS FUCKING STAR WARS. please keep it mysterious

That sith in the snowy forest moment in the trailer is blowing my mind. It's so new, so different, doesn't belong in this trailer, doesn't belong in the starwars movie universe as we know it. What is it? It's so sexy, vampiric. Adam driver is going to come away from these films as a weird sex symbol. Mark my words.

I litterally couldn't give a shit about the millennium falcon though, never did to be honest

This is how I watch the trailer: watch everything up to and including the awesome :) sith in the woods moment, instantly pause and repeat awesome sith in the woods moment three times, stop video and write shit on the idle thumbs forum.

Screw all of ya'll, broadsword lightsaber was cool, and kind of makes sense really... you try having a sword fight wielding a sword without a hilt, you'd probably die extremely quickly

Traditionally, the protective parts of a hilt are non-deadly. That thing is more likely to prick the wielder in the belly or sever a jaw muscle.

You may not like the broadsaber now. But imagine how much you'll hate it when it cleaves Luke Skywalker clean in half

The best part about this super rad lightsaber is that even if it didn't have that clear design flaw (which who cares because this is Star Wars and laser swords are inherently dumb and rad), people would still be complaining about it because Star Wars.

Mington is the sanest person in this thread right now!

Traditionally swords aren't made out of lasers 

Yeah but they've gone and made them into unrealistic laser swords.